Boston Bruins 2023-24 Roster and Salary Cap Discussion X

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I suppose that's a good point. Could plan to move Gryz, bring in Hanifin then Carrier plays RD with Forbort or Wotherspoon?

Idk, just not sure another sub 6 foot D is what they should be looking for

I'd love to see Shattenkirk out of the lineup, but AC has no track record as a power play player in the nhl (not points wise), and he is surprisingly expensive at 2.5 million and would need a new contract in the offseason.

If they were willing to swap Gryz for him, I'd take it just for the slight cap breathing room. But hard to see the fit

Reactions: Gordoff

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
I’d move Gryzz, DF and JD and LU , id get some top prospects and picks in return. This team does not have the muscle for the playoff grind nor the talent for a cup this year.

Build for next year as we have a lot of cap space for UFAs

i hope DS gets it right

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Wait till the off season and just sign Hanifin, why give yet another 1st and top prospects, if you want to trade for a top D go after Chychrun, then if you do sign Hanifin, you can trade Lindholm to recoup assets.

I agree. I also believe that you are losing years of Marchand though. Every player regresses. Just depends when.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Being sellers at the deadline is ridiculous. However I can fully understand not wanting to give up assets this deadline and starting next year fresh. Especially the way Sweeney dishes out firsts for rentals and other draft picks just to move his bad contracts.

Would be nice to start an offseason with all of our available cap and draft assets.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
People are aware they have the 3rd most points in the league right? Not the conference- the league.

Advocating for selling. Firing the coach. Place is filled with delusion, so f***ing silly sometimes lol. Get a grip folks.

This entire fanbase has been spoiled greatly the past decade. They think the sky is falling after any loss

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Agreed. Players in the plans for the foreseeable future are a-ok. But no rentals, especially the “5th round pick for depth player” type of rental
Just say no to Greg Zanon.

10-10 last 20 games I believe, personally after last season where they finish in the standings means nothing to me anymore ,but face it there not as good as their start suggested they were,but I think most of us probably knew that.Its good that they got off to that great start,because 500 hockey wouldn’t get them in the playoffs
Perfectly fine with the skid. We always have one. My expectations for this season are super low anyways so I am just enjoying the ride.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Why....isn't this just more of what we already have?
Exactly. Don loves extra D for the post season. He has been burnt too many times.

This would be our depth D I thought they would get. Not saying it will happen, just proof that Don is looking for a physical depth D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad