GDT: 2023-24 Other Games Around The League

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
McDavid passes 2009 Malkin in points, ties Gretzky for most assists in a playoff

Tied for 6th all time in points for a single playoff

The Gretzky year he tied is 3rd all time behind Lemieux and himself, Connor is still 6 points behind that year and 10 behind #1, lol, Gretzky was ridiculous

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
Ha. Certainly feels that way. I bet you a decade (or even less) from now, someone will argue that the McDavid/the Oilers's offense had a good series by using ppg.

Florida is obviously still the favorite, but if Bobrovsky melts down it could be interesting.
Edmonton should have had game 1 by all metrics besides goals. Really is a bummer Bob had to play lights out.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
In watching some of the marketing work the NHL is doing for Florida, it makes me wish the Sharks would lean into the advantages they have more. If Florida can market the beach and driving to practice in a golf cart, why don't the Sharks market their warm weather, immediate access to both ocean and mountains, etc.

The trend with "young" workers is that they have option and prefer to flex them. The Sharks should recognize that and make SJ more desirable from an off-ice perspective.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Another bad play from Bobrovsky (though to be fair, it is McDavid).

I'm happy they scored that goal since Florida got away with blantant interference.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Evan Bouchard holds the record for most assists in a post season by a D and I'm not even convinced he's good

THAT'S how good McDavid is, lol

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
either the panthers get reverse swept

or oilers push it to game 7 only to still lose

i'm perfectly fine either way

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
either the panthers get reverse swept

or oilers push it to game 7 only to still lose

i'm perfectly fine either way
If it goes 7, McDavid is going to break 2 playoff records i feel like. Most points total in the playoffs (41 now, needs 47), and most points in the finals (has 10, needs 13.

Reactions: sharski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad