News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Something is not right with the Goodrow situation. Apparently, SJ was on his no trade list. So Drury put him on waivers so they could skirt the clause. I'll bet anything that sometime in the next week, the Rangers trade a 2nd and 3rd rounder to SJ but only get back a 5th, or something ridiculous like that.
I’m trying to figure out what saving 3.5 mill does for them anyway. I guess the issue they have is like 4 of their young guys are going to get long term deals soon. I have to think it’s next to zero that Panarin and Kreider are not gone when their contracts are up unless they basically agree to 2-3 year deals of like 3-5 mill at best

Reactions: beach

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Would love to see what the NHLPA makes of that.

Just thinking about it I'm not sure there's anything the NHLPA could do.

The player refused a trade to a specific team, the team wanted the player gone so they waived him and the player was picked up (by the rules) by a team he didn't want to go to. The organization is under not obligation to seek out a different trade and are allowed to manage their cap and roster in any way they want as long as it's following the rules.

If San Jose does make a trade later that's really lopsided in the Rags favor then I assume the NHL could step in there because but I'm not sure that impacts what the NHLPA could do. If the PA was able to stop the move then it would mean Goodrow is exempt from waivers until the waiver order is re-arranged (assuming San Jose isn't still at the bottom).

bstash19

Apr 8, 2012
long island
Just thinking about it I'm not sure there's anything the NHLPA could do.

The player refused a trade to a specific team, the team wanted the player gone so they waived him and the player was picked up (by the rules) by a team he didn't want to go to. The organization is under not obligation to seek out a different trade and are allowed to manage their cap and roster in any way they want as long as it's following the rules.

If San Jose does make a trade later that's really lopsided in the Rags favor then I assume the NHL could step in there because but I'm not sure that impacts what the NHLPA could do. If the PA was able to stop the move then it would mean Goodrow is exempt from waivers until the waiver order is re-arranged (assuming San Jose isn't still at the bottom).

I don’t think the nhlpa has a leg to stand on here. The league would just say, if you don’t want to be sent to a team you don’t want to go to via waivers, then sign a deal with a no move clause.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Generally speaking, when does next year's schedule come out? I know they released the pre-season schedule. Trying to plan a trip to Tampa around an Isles game.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I don’t think the old bat knows those seinfeld episodes. Brendan is like wtf lady
Please tell me this guy on X is being sarcastic.

John Sterling, love him or hate him, was a Yankees broadcasting legend. Suzyn? Her career ironically paralleled George Costanza’s. They both got jobs with the Yankees despite having no skills for the position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad