Laval Rocket: 2023-24 Laval Rocket Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I'm kinda scared who they are going to end up with now. The new coach needs to be an homerun, so many kids on that team next season.

Reactions: Fenris

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I hear one of the Rocket assistants is joining the Islanders staff.
Martin Laperrière? because he's the only assistant coach signed right now with The Rocket. They also have a goalie coach and video review guy, but that is it.

It's kinda weird if everyone is jumping ship thought.

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
I think the Rocket will need a few depth Ds so expect a signing or two in the coming days, either on a NHL or AHL contract. Would love for Bisson to be one of those.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Is this old news Just saw on RDS that Norlinder wont be back as well ?

No one asked Gorton about him at the presser, so we learned officially today.

I think the Rocket will need a few depth Ds so expect a signing or two in the coming days, either on a NHL or AHL contract. Would love for Bisson to be one of those.

I expect Bisson to be back. Assuming Hutson and Struble in the NHL, this is the current AHL D-core:

Engstrom - Reinbacher
Trudeau - Mailloux

So we need 4-5 more D on NHL or AHL contracts.

I'd target Bisson, Laaouan, Tourigny, Lucas Johansen, Capobianco/Lucas Carlsson or Myers, Langlois/Cibulka

Capobianco/Carlsson - Mailloux
Engstrom - Reinbacher
Trudeau - Bisson
Johansen - Laaouan
Langlois/Cibulka - Tourigny

or

Bisson - Mailloux
Engstrom - Reinbacher
Trudeau - Myers
Johansen - Laaouan
Langlois/Cibulka - Tourigny

Reactions: Bottle Rocket

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I expect Bisson to be back. Assuming Hutson and Struble in the NHL, this is the current AHL D-core:
Eight NHL defencemen, while four are waiver-exempt?

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Struble
Harris-Barron

So either Harris and Barron never play, or young waiver-exempt Ds will be eating hot dogs fairly often.

Why?

Start Hutson in Laval without a silver spoon.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Eight NHL defencemen, while four are waiver-exempt?

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Struble
Harris-Barron

So either Harris and Barron never play, or young waiver-exempt Ds will be eating hot dogs fairly often.

Why?

Start Hutson in Laval without a silver spoon.

I don't expect Hutson to need a silver spoon to stick in the NHL. The one going down would be Struble and I don't really see it.

But yes, it would lead in a shifting bottom pair until Savard gets traded or injuries happen.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I don't expect Hutson to need a silver spoon to stick in the NHL. The one going down would be Struble and I don't really see it.

But yes, it would lead in a shifting bottom pair until Savard gets traded or injuries happen.

What's wrong with Hutson starting in Laval and working his way up?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
What I'm saying is he will force hands.
If I’m wrong and Hutson is capable of NHL defending without excessive sheltering, I'll be happy for him and the club. However right now, I would guess he is less likely to be ready than Reinbacher or Mailloux.

What no one wants is a repeat of the Victor Mete fiasco.

Thing is: when Mete "forced MB's hand" we had a lack of quality D. Same when Guhle, Harris and Xhekaj arrived.

This year, the bar is much higher. That's a very good thing. If Lane makes the squad on merit, that would be an impressive accomplishment and likely mean Calder vote possibilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad