Laval Rocket: 2023-24 Laval Rocket Thread

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
How did florian xhekaj look in his few games in the AHL? Any chance of being a legit bottom 6 guy at some point?

And even a 1/50 chance he could become a tom wilson?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How did florian xhekaj look in his few games in the AHL? Any chance of being a legit bottom 6 guy at some point?

And even a 1/50 chance he could become a tom wilson?
He actually looked decent. He did not look overwhelmed. I imagine a summer of serious training and this kid will surprise more than people may think come next season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Considering how few spots there are in Laval, the bar should be set much higher than him.

They will still need a few vets in the line-up. They have Gignac and Condotta still under contract. But they will still need a few more. And Barre-Boulet would be a big get for Laval because he's a top notch player at that level and he can even step into your NHL line-up and still play respectable.

In his AHL career, he's put up 299 pts in 294 GP. He's over a PPG player. And over the years, he's put up 18 pts in 68 NHL games, which is not bad considering he's mostly an AHL player.

I understand the priority should be the prospects, but you still need those kids to be around pros, and pros who can also deliver on the ice.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
You absolutely need a few established AHL vets to get anywhere in that league, just look at the two teams in the calder cup finals. The Barre-Boulet types are the ones who will run your powerplay and carry your top prospects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schooner Guy

Jul 6, 2016
They will still need a few vets in the line-up. They have Gignac and Condotta still under contract. But they will still need a few more. And Barre-Boulet would be a big get for Laval because he's a top notch player at that level and he can even step into your NHL line-up and still play respectable.

In his AHL career, he's put up 299 pts in 294 GP. He's over a PPG player. And over the years, he's put up 18 pts in 68 NHL games, which is not bad considering he's mostly an AHL player.

I understand the priority should be the prospects, but you still need those kids to be around pros, and pros who can also deliver on the ice.
Right. Stephens and Bourque can still come back too.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Right. Stephens and Bourque can still come back too.

Yup. Although I'd rather have Barre-Boulet over Bourque. And I'd be happy with Stephens returning because he's a center and real good on face-offs.

So at forward, having Gignac, Stephens, Barre-Boulet & Condotta.

On the back end, bring back Bisson.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yup. Although I'd rather have Barre-Boulet over Bourque. And I'd be happy with Stephens returning because he's a center and real good on face-offs.

Belpedio would be welcomed back or Tory Dello...2 excellent AHL journeymen

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Jul 6, 2016

Stephens is gone too…..

Belpedio has another year on his deal with Philly.

I think we can do better than Dello.
Philip Meyers is UFA.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Stephens is gone too…..

Philip Meyers is UFA.

I'd re-sign Bisson and try a guy like:
Lucas Johansen
Roland Mckeown
Philippe Myers

Guys that are defensively good with at least decent size as our prospects can bring the offence. Of course, if we could get a guy like Kyle Capobianco (AHL D of the year), that would be good too.

Banging on this drum again, but I'd try to sign Laaouan back and actually try him in the AHL at some point next year (injuries and trade will make space).

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
What's going on with Laval? the coach is gone also now and many players never last,laval can't or doesn't want to retain them or the players want out? can't blame them but still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad