Speculation: 2023-24 Free Agency/Trade Thread II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
There's nothing rushed, the point of PV selling off the veterans he inherited was to build the team with the players he wants to bring in, both internally through the draft/prospect trades and externally with veterans. This is nothing more than a direct continuation of what he's already been doing
Exactly somehow I still find myself max annoyed with the people who say “ we reset the rebuild” like Verbeek Lied to the Samuelis to get the job, then ended up taking a route that was off the original plan.

Reactions: Deuce22

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Idk how Fowler keeps slipping through the cracks…. We should def be offering fowler to Sabres devils and redwings

He served his purpose, he led us to 3 top 3 picks…. Time to move on from the tank commander
His contract, his ntc, maybe the organization likes him and thinks he’s a net positive on the team, teams just aren’t interested. Take your pick. I’ve said it before but Fowler is absolutely finishing this contract with us, after that i don’t know.

Reactions: DuckDuckGetz

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Exactly somehow I still find myself max annoyed with the people who say “ we reset the rebuild” like Verbeek Lied to the Samuelis to get the job, then ended up taking a route that was off the original plan.
People have an easier time coping with the losing by pretending things aren’t going to plan, which would mean things would dramatically change rather than the team continuing to stay the course

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Trouba is worth it just for the pure hatred conjured by having one of him or Gudas on the ice for the majority of each game. You would probably have to go back to the 90s to find a pair of RHD that dirty on the same roster haha, people would hate it.
Would definitely put some fear into opposing forwards which is the goal.
Ideally Trouba would a #4 and Gudas a #6

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
Yeah that wasn’t really meant to you in particular and I noticed you mentioned Roy earlier. Generally we have pretty high standards around here for free agents. Basically we will have to overpay for someone, but being thrifty isn’t always the right decision.
I hear you. I'm all for throwing money at free agents, within reason. Matt Roy or Brett Pesce in the $6 - $7 million range for 5 years isn't going to cripple the team. I don't think Stamkos is the right fit for this team, but I wouldn't be upset if they signed him for 2 years at basically any price. I have zero problems with the Killorn contract.

The Ducks are going to need to pay to bring in quality players. Let's do it.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Yeah, his 2022 off-season acquisition is great proof of what he wanted to bring in - especially that defense. What a disaster of that was, which Verbeek expected the team to be a .500 team to start the season.

It's just another flip flop, but it's a great thing Verbeek reset the rebuild so that he buys time to make up for the many mistakes he makes all along the way.
So because you weren’t happy with his 2022 offseason, you think he should never try to improve the team externally again?

Reactions: goonsaredumb

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I’m surprised a ton of people are against Trouba. He’s a top-4 RHD that plays physical - exactly what this defense core needs.

But alas, people don’t want to improve the team lol.
@Leonardo87 watches him every game and says he’s not very good, he’s got a sizable 8M Cap hit, won’t be free to acquire, is a poor skater, and has a broken ankle - which won’t help his already inferior skating. He also makes stupid plays and is a dirty player who headhunts with elbows, who won’t be getting the O6/big market “get out of jail free” card for that shit in Anaheim.

He’s not the Trouba of 4-6 years ago.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
@Leonardo87 watches him every game and says he’s not very good, he’s got a sizable 8M Cap hit, won’t be free to acquire, is a poor skater, and has a broken ankle - which won’t help his already inferior skating. He also makes stupid plays and is a dirty player who headhunts with elbows, who won’t be getting the O6/big market “get out of jail free” card for that shit in Anaheim.

He’s not the Trouba of 4-6 years ago.

Tuba is a liability on the ice. He is also dirty. Watch that game 6 first goal. That’s Trouba in a nutshell. His ankle was healed this was during the regular season he was injured.

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
His contract, his ntc, maybe the organization likes him and thinks he’s a net positive on the team, teams just aren’t interested. Take your pick. I’ve said it before but Fowler is absolutely finishing this contract with us, after that i don’t know.
The NTC is an issue, but I think Fowler would waive it to the right team. His comments in the recent Stephen's article suggested that was on the table. He wasn't asking for a trade. But he was open to moving.

“At the end of the day, I want to be competing for a chance to play in the playoffs,” he said. “Play longer. I’d love for that to be here, honestly. But I think that’s just a conversation we have to have with the people in charge and understand where they see the future, where I fit in that plan and then go from there.”

The no-trade clause helps with a potential destination, but the Ducks’ all-time scoring leader among defensemen said he hasn’t “given that a second thought, honestly.”

“It is part of my contract, but who knows if that’ll even be a conversation down the road. Honestly, we’ll just have to see,” he added.

I think there's a pretty good chance he's traded. It might not be until next year's TDL, but given the duck's pipeline, it seems like eventually he goes elsewhere.

I’m surprised a ton of people are against Trouba. He’s a top-4 RHD that plays physical - exactly what this defense core needs.

But alas, people don’t want to improve the team lol.

I'm not against Trouba per se. But I don't see a role for both him and Gudas. I'd much rather sign Roy to a longer term deal, even with an overpay.

Reactions: dracom

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
My current for fun and obviously wrong ideas:

Trade Gibson @ 2 retained (4.5 per) + 3rd (Ducks) for 10th (NJ)
Trade Vaakanainen + 2nd (BOS) for Kakko (NYR)
Sign UFA Lankinen for 2.2 x 2 years
Sign UFA Roy for 6 x 5 years
Sign UFA DeBrusk for 5.5 x 5 years

Gauthier-Carlsson-DeBrusk
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Killorn-Zegras-Kakko
Regenda-Strome-Colangelo

Mintyukov-Roy
Fowler-Zellweger
LaCombe-Gudas

Dostal
Lankinen

Reactions: Boo Boo

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
The NTC is an issue, but I think Fowler would waive it to the right team. His comments in the recent Stephen's article suggested that was on the table. He wasn't asking for a trade. But he was open to moving.

“At the end of the day, I want to be competing for a chance to play in the playoffs,” he said. “Play longer. I’d love for that to be here, honestly. But I think that’s just a conversation we have to have with the people in charge and understand where they see the future, where I fit in that plan and then go from there.”

The no-trade clause helps with a potential destination, but the Ducks’ all-time scoring leader among defensemen said he hasn’t “given that a second thought, honestly.”

“It is part of my contract, but who knows if that’ll even be a conversation down the road. Honestly, we’ll just have to see,” he added.

I think there's a pretty good chance he's traded. It might not be until next year's TDL, but given the duck's pipeline, it seems like eventually he goes elsewhere.

I'm not against Trouba per se. But I don't see a role for both him and Gudas. I'd much rather sign Roy to a longer term deal, even with an overpay.
IMO, that’s some pretty newsworthy stuff regarding Fowler. I’m not saying we should be in a hurry to move him but it sure sounds like if a good deal came along from a contender it might not take a lot to twist his arm. He’s tired of losing and recognizes his window to win is closing. Good on him for being open to the possibility of moving on.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
It's tough as a fan to lose familiar faces (tougher for some than others) but many times it is best for both the player and the organization to make a change. I believe that applies to both Fowler and Gibson if PV can get good value for each of them.

Reactions: goonsaredumb

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
My current for fun and obviously wrong ideas:

Trade Gibson @ 2 retained (4.5 per) + 3rd (Ducks) for 10th (NJ)
Trade Vaakanainen + 2nd (BOS) for Kakko (NYR)
Sign UFA Lankinen for 2.2 x 2 years
Sign UFA Roy for 6 x 5 years
Sign UFA DeBrusk for 5.5 x 5 years

Gauthier-Carlsson-DeBrusk
Vatrano-McTavish-Terry
Killorn-Zegras-Kakko
Regenda-Strome-Colangelo

Mintyukov-Roy
Fowler-Zellweger
LaCombe-Gudas

Dostal
Lankinen
I think I'd rather put the Kakko money and add to the Debrusk money and get a real top 6 player and let Strome stick as a 3rw and either add a 4c or let Lundy do it. I think Debrusk is more of a middle 6 guy. Closer to the tier of Vatrano or even Strome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad