Pre-Game Talk: 2023-24 Boardie Award Nominations

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
That was my first and longest lasting memory here. Ran into his "bet" I believe it was and thought.......this might be a fun place to visit and root for my team. Boy, was I wrong,
Nice to see you Larry. Larry is very nice. Many years ago he gave my dad a Jean Ratelle hockey card. My dad was my world so that meant a lot to me. :)

I was 20 years older than my now ex wife. Hahaha. When we got married I was 52 and she was 32. Hahaha. We’re still good friends. Signed our divorce papers in a bar. No lawyers, no mediators. My friends with difficult divorces absolutely HATE me.
Staying good friends is awesome. In my mind that is how it should always be but the reality it does not end up that way often. I'm glad that went that way. 20 years seems fine to me :D

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
Nice to see you Larry. Larry is very nice. Many years ago he gave my dad a Jean Ratelle hockey card. My dad was my world so that meant a lot to me. :)

Staying good friends is awesome. In my mind that is how it should always be but the reality it does not end up that way often. I'm glad that went that way. 20 years seems fine to me :D
Yeah at those ages 20 years isn't bad. Now if I had been 38 and she was 18, maybe not as cool... hahahaha.

Gordon Bombay

Built for the HFNYR Offseason
Oct 13, 2006
Underrated funny guy around here is @Filip Chytil

Guy has worked on his humor despite the brain injuries. I’m thinking he’s a full go for next year

nicest guy is @Ginger Papa for me. No one improves a post to like ratio better than him.

You’re all smarter than me these days. No time to know half the league anymore.

I don’t know how long he’s been here but @huerter should get something so that award works.

Board MVP is @Machinehead. Hate him or love him that dude loves the shit out of this message board.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Underrated funny guy around here is @Filip Chytil

Guy has worked on his humor despite the brain injuries. I’m thinking he’s a full go for next year

nicest guy is @Ginger Papa for me. No one improves a post to like ratio better than him.

You’re all smarter than me these days. No time to know half the league anymore.

I don’t know how long he’s been here but @huerter should get something so that award works.

Board MVP is @Machinehead. Hate him or love him that dude loves the shit out of this message board.

@Filip Chytil 's love of Brett Howden ages like fine wine.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Thank you Richie. That was very nice of you. See what I did there? :D

I just realized via your name and avatar you remind me of a Giants fan on another board. Are you a Giants fan?
No sorry. I'm from NY (Newburgh) but my Mom worked for Sears (got discount on Stealers or Cowboys) & loved the Cowboys colors. Dressed me in their shit my entire childhood.

Got my ass kicked perpetually by Giants & ironically Jets fans.

Then I got old enough to love the cheerleaders lol.

Still do ;-)

Stayed with them ever since.

I think we should all get participation trophies.
Some should get them & then be stripped of them lol

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
No sorry. I'm from NY (Newburgh) but my Mom worked for Sears (got discount on Stealers or Cowboys) & loved the Cowboys colors. Dressed me in their shit my entire childhood.

Got my ass kicked perpetually by Giants & ironically Jets fans.

Then I got old enough to love the cheerleaders lol.

Still do ;-)

Stayed with them ever since.

Some should get them & then be stripped of them lol
I think both the "Mc" names on the Rangers and Giants board are related to guitar since both avatars have a guitar player in them. That is why I asked :)

I vote for myself and @Boris Zubov as the Best Pizza Expert.

Obviously @EdJovanovski too. /s
I eat and review the most frozen pizza. Just had a California Pizza Kitchen BBQ Chicken Thin Pizza. I only give it a B minus grade but its not bad for 220 calories a slice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad