B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Prior to the start of the season in Belleville, there was a press conference with David Bell and Ryan Bowness where they discussed - among other things - how much the player budget had increased for the coming season.

Belleville Senators General Manager Ryan Bowness said the team hopes that adding skillful players will lead to improvements on the rink.

“We’re actually provided with greater player budgets this year…I think that’s a big part of the reason why we were able to make some of the better additions that we did,” he said.
Last year, the Senators found it difficult to win games due to their limited ability to rotate players, Bell said. Some nights the team would play games with seven or eight players, he said.

Playing with a short roster caused the Senators to lead in penalty minutes. Last season, the team sat out 1,186 minutes, the worst in the division.

“When you had smaller lineups and smaller number of lineups, guys play tired, and when you play tired, it creates penalties,” Bell said.

Due to having more players on the roster this season, Bell said there will be more accountability and responsibility on the team when it comes to taking penalties.

Having a small number of players last year caused the team to take a lot of penalties because they knew their playing time wouldn’t be affected, but this year that isn’t the case, said Bell.

“So, there’s going to be more accountability to not taking them,” he said.

Last year, players knew that any penalty meant there were no consequences, he added. The player could keep on playing because nobody was on the bench to replace them, he said.

“But this year is different. If you take dumb penalties that hurt the team, there’s a responsibility to come out of the lineup because there are capable bodies sitting in the stands to replace you,” he said.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What does he mean "Some nights the team would play games with seven or eight players" ???

I mean, a hockey team normally has 21 players in a game... Edit : oops, I meant 19 lol

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
What does he mean "Some nights the team would play games with seven or eight players" ???

I mean, a hockey team normally has 21 players in a game...
They would often have 2 lines and a defense pairing of ECHL players that they wouldn't put on the ice.

• Wow
Reactions: Xspyrit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I mean, a hockey team normally has 21 players in a game...
20 players dress for games, 12 forwards, 6 defencemen & 2 goalies. He may mean that they play some players much more than others who may be weak & don't get much ice time or that he doesn't trust on the ice. They seem to be signing a number of vets to return for next season which should help Belleville be better.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
A very good signing when you look at his time in the OHL; back-to-back OHL Champion and great numbers in this year's playoff run. Will be interesting to see how he does this year:

1719526795243.png

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
They've actually had a few the last year or so. They had MacEwen too iirc.
A very good signing when you look at his time in the OHL; back-to-back OHL Champion and great numbers in this year's playoff run. Will be interesting to see how he does this year:

View attachment 888255
Anything over .900 in the OHL is outstanding these days with how offensive that league has become.

Ouroboros

Feb 3, 2008
I guess he's our replacement for Heatherington? (unless he's back?)

Our D so far: Davies, Matinpalo, Sebrango, Guenette, Hamara, Donovan, Andonovski. Is Larsson back?
Larsson went back to Europe and I don't expect Heatherington to return. Andonovski is too young to play in the AHL.

They probably need at least 1 more vet.

Reactions: Icelevel and DrEasy

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
With Boko Imama leaving, I wonder if they sign Mikael Robidoux to an AHL contract. He was at their training camp last season.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
This is what we are looking at. Essentially running it back, which is good. Can reasonably expect many of these guys to continue improving

Crookshank - Ostapchuk - Pilon
Jarventie - Halliday - Highmore
Reinhart - Bongiovanni - Pettersson
Daoust - Rees - Boucher

Davies - JBD
Sebrango - Guenette
Donovan - Matinpalo
Hamara

Sogaard
Merilainen

Reactions: DrEasy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
This is what we are looking at. Essentially running it back, which is good. Can reasonably expect many of these guys to continue improving

Crookshank - Ostapchuk - Pilon
Jarventie - Halliday - Highmore
Reinhart - Bongiovanni - Pettersson
Daoust - Rees - Boucher

Davies - JBD
Sebrango - Guenette
Donovan - Matinpalo
Hamara

Sogaard
Merilainen
We'd probably lose JBD on waivers if we send him down, no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad