B-Sens 2023-24 Belleville Senators

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I like these callups, both defencemen have good size & should not get pushed around, both are mobile, one is a left shot & the other a right shot & both can produce some offence. Why is Merilainen been called up, do we also have a goalie injury?
I really liked Manti in his first pre season game. I kept asking the tv who the heck that guy was who was clearing the net front, could skate the puck out, and could shoot the puck.

The tv didn’t answer but eventually I caught his name plate was was like “whodat?”

He wasn’t as good in subsequent games but maybe he’ll thrive with NHL structure around him.

All eyes on Kleven though. My expectations are moderate on the physical side as I imagine that he wants to make sure that he doesn’t get out of position and that he plays his position properly first.

They both should have a nice run here until at least Zub is back. It’s little things like this that make watching the next game a bit more intriguing. That and I would really like to see Sidney, Malkin, and now EK lose. That defeat on the east coast was glorious.

Reactions: aragorn and DrEasy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009

Senators sign Belleville-born defenceman Cameron Supryka to professional tryout​

Roster Notes:

With a rash of injuries on the blueline in Ottawa, the NHL Senators have called down to the Friendly City for some reinforcements, as defencemen Tyler Kleven and Nikolas Matinpalo were recalled to Ottawa following Friday night’s game. Additionally, the Senators have recalled goaltender Leevi Merilainen from their Texas-based ECHL affiliate, the Allen Americans, and also agreed to a professional tryout offer with Belleville-born defenceman Cameron Supryka. The 22-year-old has one assist over three games this season with the ECHL Fort Wayne Komets, following his pro debut last year, when he had 24 points (five goals, 19 assists) in 59 games with the ECHL Tulsa Oilers.

Who to Watch:

Sens defenceman Jacob Larsson had the game winner last night, for his third career overtime winning goal. The big Swedish defenceman is a big piece of Belleville’s leadership corps, along with what he brings on the ice. Many local fans will also be watching to see if Cameron Supryka will get in the lineup. Should he dress tonight, he’ll become the first Belleville-born player to see game action for the Sens. Goaltender Anthony Popovich dressed as a back-up for Belleville in the 2021-22 season, but didn’t play.

For the Marlies, Nick Robertson will certainly be a man on a mission tonight. The speedy forward didn’t find the net on Friday night, but registered a career-high 11 shots on goal. Both Max Ellis and Joseph Blandisi had their respective four-game point streaks snapped last night.

At the rink:

Tonight’s is 90s Night at CAA Arena, presented by Hits 955 FM. Fans will be treated to 90s music and theming throughout the rink and are being encouraged to wear their best 90s outfit, for a chance to win a Belleville Sens prize pack. Hits 955 will also be giving away a pair of tickets to see the Jonas Brothers, during the first intermission. The first 2,000 fans in the building tonight will also receive a free Belleville Sens snap bracelet.

Follow the action:

Tonight’s game can seen on AHL TV and heard on the Belleville Sens Entertainment Network.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Penalties

BSens X X Y Y X

To X Y X Y Y

bsENS LOSE 4-3

Last edited:

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Maxence Guenette

3rd
Maxence Guenette (#21)
Belleville Senators
G: 0 | A: 2

Reactions: Icelevel and DrEasy

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Curious about Fizer. No points in 6 GP but +1. Is he getting ice time? His shot looked wicked in the Preseason tourney and he was PPG vs his peers.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Take a break dude.

lol like if being tired of losing after a very long rebuild wasn't normal... I understand that you can't always win in life but I'll never give up on the desire to win sorry. You do you and you also have to let others do what they want. I demand that we start winning, we have been waiting long enough, they went through a scorched earth rebuild and it has to be worth it.

TeamLast appearance in post-seasonPost-season drought
2010–1112 seasons
2015–167 seasons
2016–176 seasons

Sabres and Wings have now a lot of present too, and they have much better futures... so the pression is on Ottawa. Unless that the right approach if we continue losing would just be to "take a break"?

Well, the reality is that this is a really competitive league and teams don't take many breaks in their desire to win. Look at Montreal for example, made the SCF just a bit over 2 years ago, going through a rebuild with Ben freaking Chiarot as one of their best trade chips and are currently 5-2-2 above us in the standings. It's early and I hope/don't think it will continue but what an embarrassment that would be if they finish above us in the standings lol.

One thing for sure though, is that the defendors will keep telling us that it's normal and that Dorion has done all he could do, rebuilds take time.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
lol like if being tired of losing after a very long rebuild wasn't normal... I understand that you can't always win in life but I'll never give up on the desire to win sorry. You do you and you also have to let others do what they want. I demand that we start winning, we have been waiting long enough, they went through a scorched earth rebuild and it has to be worth it.

TeamLast appearance in post-seasonPost-season drought
2010–1112 seasons
2015–167 seasons
2016–176 seasons

Sabres and Wings have now a lot of present too, and they have much better futures... so the pression is on Ottawa. Unless that the right approach if we continue losing would just be to "take a break"?

Well, the reality is that this is a really competitive league and teams don't take many breaks in their desire to win. Look at Montreal for example, made the SCF just a bit over 2 years ago, going through a rebuild with Ben freaking Chiarot as one of their best trade chips and are currently 5-2-2 above us in the standings. It's early and I hope/don't think it will continue but what an embarrassment that would be if they finish above us in the standings lol.

One thing for sure though, is that the defendors will keep telling us that it's normal and that Dorion has done all he could do, rebuilds take time.
You just seem really obsessed and upset.

The good news is that now you can move on, we can all move on.

Hopefully the next guy does a bang up job for this young team.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Then can't until they've reached a mental breakdown caused by 5 furyous years with anxiety attacks for not being able to let go.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

lol the famous emotional indentification through black and white words written on the internet. The only thing that upsets me was that we have been stuck with a GM constantly hurting our chances to win in the future and also the few people gaslighting all of us by constantly saying that "we're just too negative, everything is fine and we just need to take a break" and then play the innocent card when there was a backlash

I think the whole situation with how it ended pretty much sums up that it's not because we were "negative".

Reactions: DrEasy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Dude, your every post was some sort of complaint about Dorion. He is gone now, try to be happy.

Dude, I have made more polls about prospects, stars of the game or whatever related to this team that you have posts on this forum.

There's just some people who can't take anything negative that is said about their fandom, like if it was somewhat personal. I wonder how they would feel to venture outside of this board where external fans have been trashing this organization and its players for years

Also, lol at "He is gone now, try to be happy"... the guy has been gone for 24 hours after damaging this organization for 8 years... And his coaching staff is still there. I'm happy with a lot of things in life but after 7 years, I'd also like to be happy with my favorite hockey team and that comes with winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bileur and DrEasy

R We A Team

Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Ottawa
Ah the old I post a lot so I'm better??.You sure put me in my place. A lot of your posts were complaining about Dorion, it's over now so maybe you can find another horse to beat to death.

Now I'll go back to lurking as I find bitching to be tiresome. Enjoy your polls dude.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad