Speculation: 2023-24-25 Sharks Roster Discussion

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Absolutely, and he's gonna have to continue to force the issue for the rest of his career. There are approximately zero 5'8" NHL players. As unfair as it is, Gushchin is gonna have to scratch and claw to prove he can be one.

I'm rooting for that crazy lil dude though.
Isn't Cole Caufield 5'8?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Isn't Cole Caufield 5'8?
Isn't Cole Caufield like 5'6"?
tbf 1 is approximately zero technically speaking. anyways, i expect gushchin to be the second coming of jiri hudler.
Yes.
Alex DeBrincat 5'8"

Mats Zuccarello 5'8"

Is 3 approximately zero? :laugh:
Yes.
I think Logan Stankoven is a very generous 5’8 as well
4 is approximately zero in a league of 800 players. :)

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
It's so awesome how we don't get any official announcement from the team twitter or even the pr account, instead the president of business ops tweets out a low resolution notes app screenshot for the official roster

The Capital of Silicon Valley, ladies and gentlemen

• Haha

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
It's so awesome how we don't get any official announcement from the team twitter or even the pr account, instead the president of business ops tweets out a low resolution notes app screenshot for the official roster

The Capital of Silicon Valley, ladies and gentlemen
The team twitter literally posted a graphic for the opening night roster a few minutes before Becher...

YUPPY 2 7 10 11

Oct 5, 2020
Isn't Cole Caufield like 5'6"?

Yes.

Yes.

4 is approximately zero in a league of 800 players. :)
NHL Theo flurry is only 5.6'' tall and he had a wonderful hockey career with 1008 points and 455 goals. sharks fans remembered him very well for the wrong reason. i hated him whenever he scored against the sharks.

Last edited:

sampler

Aug 3, 2018
Smaller players can succeed. It’s hard but they can. Gush is one of those….

His shot is elite. His speed is nhl level. He passing is respectable. His motor is excellent.

He’s improving the defensive side and the positioning side. But, what he brings in transition is sorely sorely missing. Celebrini and granlund are the only two other guys in the team that can transition from d zone to ozone with speed consistently.

I’m just pissed that he seems destined for fourth line duties. That’s a total and complete misuse especially compared with will smith, who isn’t even an nhler right now. Warsofsky also seems to be breaking the Lund line which I think is a mistake.

We’ll see how it plays out on Thursday….

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

LilLeeroy

Dec 14, 2013
Smaller players can succeed. It’s hard but they can. Gush is one of those….

His shot is elite. His speed is nhl level. He passing is respectable. His motor is excellent.

He’s improving the defensive side and the positioning side. But, what he brings in transition is sorely sorely missing. Celebrini and granlund are the only two other guys in the team that can transition from d zone to ozone with speed consistently.

I’m just pissed that he seems destined for fourth line duties. That’s a total and complete misuse especially compared with will smith, who isn’t even an nhler right now. Warsofsky also seems to be breaking the Lund line which I think is a mistake.

We’ll see how it plays out on Thursday….
Will Smith had a better year in the NCAA than a lot of prospects that were immediately good in the NHL. Why you keep insisting that having a prospect like that in the top 6 is a mistake is ridiculous.

Also have no idea why you think he isn't an NHLer right now.

The Lund line got caved in 5v5 last season. The got some points thanks to an unsustainable shooting percentage to end the year. This point hot streak also happened during a stretch of games that the Sharks played the worst they did all season in a season they were the worst team of the millennia. No reason to go out of their way to keep that line together.

I've got a feeling you're going to be doing a lot of whining this season when they aren't magically competing for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad