2023-24 #2: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Most of us probably haven't seen much of the guy. Luckily, somebuddy recently made a highlight vid from this season. #50

Santeri Sulku Rookie Highlights 2023-2024

Well, he's big, seems to be able to skate, and knows enough to go to the net. No idea if he's good enough to come over, but at least he isn't a ghost. Now we need some clarity on the legal issues that kept him out of action for a year...

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Yeh...

the "depth" is truly great. Have actual prospects who have a chance at NHL who are probably not in top 20 guys in pool.

BUT so much of the pool (read all but ~4-5 guys) are guys who likely top out as 3rd liners or #4-5 Dmen.

After Michkov I am not sure there is ONE prospect who has a good chance to be more than a 2nd liner or #3-4 Dman.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Yeh...

the "depth" is truly great. Have actual prospects who have a chance at NHL who are probably not in top 20 guys in pool.

BUT so much of the pool (read all but ~4-5 guys) are guys who likely top out as 3rd liners or #4-5 Dmen.

After Michkov I am not sure there is ONE prospect who has a good chance to be more than a 2nd liner or #3-4 Dman.

You're forgetting top prospects Alex Bump and Hunter McDonald.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Yeh...

Problem is, we won't ever play cheap depth to get better. We will pay money for the Deslauriers, Hathaway, Poehlings.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Just look at the forward group that Rochester could be icing next year with JUST PROSPECTS lmao.

Kulich-Savoie-Rosen
Wahlberg-Ostlund-Rousek
Neuchev-Helenius-Kisakov
XXXX-Kozak-Nadeau

Without Poltapov, Marjala and Sjodin too who will probably come in 2025.

They have Savoie, Ostlund, Helenus, Kulich AND Wahlberg under age 22 and C's with top six upside. Lmao. (albeit I dont think Wahlberg will be more than a 3rd liner)

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016

Yeh...

That's so depressing to read as a rebuilding club.

I know that we've had Brink, Foerster graduate this year and that we have a very young team. But my god, its brutal reading on the back end and centre positions. We desperately need to trade Laughton + Konecny for an injection of young talent elsewhere.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
That's so depressing to read as a rebuilding club.

I know that we've had Brink, Foerster graduate this year and that we have a very young team. But my god, its brutal reading on the back end and centre positions. We desperately need to trade Laughton + Konecny for an injection of young talent elsewhere.

They’re pretty shit at the whole rebuilding thing. Even if you put Foerster and Brink back in that pool, you’re still talking about middle six players. They refuse to do what is necessary to acquire high end talent. They wouldn’t even need to strip this thing down to the studs. If they had simply traded Konecny last offseason with term for a 1st+, we could be looking at a pool with Luchanko and Demidov. Instead, they still have Konecny, and are probably going to make a big mistake with him.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Yeh...

Yeh...

Ollie, Attard, and Ginning are no longer prospects to me. More like suspects.

Sad list.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Hodgson signed in Ottawa!

One thing I do appreciate from Torts is that he played HH for 4 minutes just to show up Chuck, and then he never played another minute for the Flyers.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Can't stop laughing at this

I see they are working on zone breakouts early this offseason.

Good for him. He was horrid in most of his time with the Flyers though.
I have a soft spot for Felix. In the games I saw, he would make lots of early ridiculous saves to keep the Flyers in the game, then give up a softy or two and the dam would break.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I see they are working on zone breakouts early this offseason.

I have a soft spot for Felix. In the games I saw, he would make lots of early ridiculous saves to keep the Flyers in the game, then give up a softy or two and the dam would break.

He probably had the best "Physical" tools of any Flyers goalie since Bob.

But he just never sorted his glove out, gets out of position too often and has such a tendency to get rattled and go through really bad stretches of play.

I dont think he has got any better since he was 18-19 years old if I am honest. He looked the same goalie last year as he did in 2015-16.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022

Boulton is a beyond terrible hockey player at this level. Nepotism at its finest. Going back to his AHYL he was a nothing player. At 19 he will get eaten alive in the AHL and more than likely ECHL

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad