Prospect Info: 2023-24 #1: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
2-1 win for the Phantoms. Lycksell and Wilson.

at first I thought they played like the Flyers system….oh wait they did.
what was interesting , very few fans unlike Lehigh Valley; of course , more to do to Toronto

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
2-1 win for the Phantoms. Lycksell and Wilson.

at first I thought they played like the Flyers system….oh wait they did.
what was interesting , very few fans unlike Lehigh Valley; of course , more to do to Toronto
Very boring team, much like the Flyers. 'm not sure why you sit one of your fastest players (Gendron) or dress Mete for Andrae. I'm not sure how Gendron is ot a better option than at leat 6 of the forwards that played last night

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So the other day, I mentions this
s-l1200.jpg

Well yesterday, I had the chance to thumb thru it, thinking of buying it. Nope. Not worth the money. Comcast 100% paid The Hockey News for that cover along with a full page ad inside. Oh, and a 4 page spread on the New Era of Orange....sound familiar? Talk of how the organization is ready for a full on rebuild, had us picking 3rd.

It was ranking guys 21 and younger, Michkov was ranked 14th, Cutter in the 20's. For team ranking of depth, they gave C+ for forwards, C- for Defense and for Goalies.

So why again are the Flyers on the cover when their ranking in in the C's while multiple other teams have A's and B's rankings? Isn't the cover reserved for the top team? Or team with the top prospect....not #14. It 100% read like a Flyers propaganda piece. A paid piece.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
So the other day, I mentions this
View attachment 772552

Well yesterday, I had the chance to thumb thru it, thinking of buying it. Nope. Not worth the money. Comcast 100% paid The Hockey News for that cover along with a full page ad inside. Oh, and a 4 page spread on the New Era of Orange....sound familiar? Talk of how the organization is ready for a full on rebuild, had us picking 3rd.

It was ranking guys 21 and younger, Michkov was ranked 14th, Cutter in the 20's. For team ranking of depth, they gave C+ for forwards, C- for Defense and for Goalies.

So why again are the Flyers on the cover when their ranking in in the C's while multiple other teams have A's and B's rankings? Isn't the cover reserved for the top team? Or team with the top prospect....not #14. It 100% read like a Flyers propaganda piece. A paid piece.
The hockey news are really high on Gauthier. They have him the second highest player to watch in the NCAA behind Macklin Celebrini. Gauthier isn’t even the best center on his team.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
The hockey news are really high on Gauthier. They have him the second highest player to watch in the NCAA behind Macklin Celebrini. Gauthier isn’t even the best center on his team.

Seeing as the "best" center on his team was taken fourth overall in a draft class with Matvei Michkov that may or may not be true.

It also isn't very relevant since Gauthier is generally regarded as a high end prospect.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Seeing as the "best" center on his team was taken fourth overall in a draft class with Matvei Michkov that may or may not be true.

It also isn't very relevant since Gauthier is generally regarded as a high end prospect.
I have watched a lot of Gauthier this season, probably 80% of his total icetime. I believe he’s overvalued as a prospect. He doesn’t have elite puck skills, his pass/shot selection is bad, he’s not that good without the puck. Fact is, when he’s not shooting, he’s been kind of invisible. A decent play here or there, but nothing spectacular. And that’s my biggest gripe with this top-C potential designation he’s generating. If he is going to be a top line C, he need to show a higher skill level more consistently.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I have watched a lot of Gauthier this season, probably 80% of his total icetime. I believe he’s overvalued as a prospect. He doesn’t have elite puck skills, his pass/shot selection is bad, he’s not that good without the puck. Fact is, when he’s not shooting, he’s been kind of invisible. A decent play here or there, but nothing spectacular. And that’s my biggest gripe with this top-C potential designation he’s generating. If he is going to be a top line C, he need to show a higher skill level more consistently.
Thanks, Vlad. Your perspective adds to my consideration that Gauthier would be best used as a key trade piece to land a 1C or 1D. Of course, that would blow up a few FO heads, and there may be actual pitchforks and torches at the doors of the WFC.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
That description....sounds like Laine

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Thanks, Vlad. Your perspective adds to my consideration that Gauthier would be best used as a key trade piece to land a 1C or 1D. Of course, that would blow up a few FO heads, and there may be actual pitchforks and torches at the doors of the WFC.

He would be my trade choice as well.
That description....sounds like Laine

It’s not like I don’t like him, but a realistic upside is Tippett-like player. Shot first, big, good skater, hard worker, but lacks high end puck skills. He just doesn’t make those types of subtle but nice plays. He never makes up for the bad pass by controlling those difficult pucks.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
So it wasn’t on ESPN+, but Cutter had 3 secondary assists tonight.

One was nice a nice play, not spectacular but nice, nonetheless

This one was nice, coming in late and making a good cross-ice pass in a shooting spot. That’s good to see. More of that!

(3rd assist in post below)

Last edited:

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
So it wasn’t on ESPN+, but Cutter had 3 secondary assists tonight.

One was nice a nice play, not spectacular but nice, nonetheless

This one was nice, coming in late and making a good cross-ice pass in a shooting spot. That’s good to see. More of that!

The last one was a bank pass from behind the net. Didn’t really have much to do with the goal.

He's not on the ice in the third clip?

• Haha
Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad