Prospect Info: 2023-24 #1: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
They're frustrated with Brink's injuries, not Brink.

They know he has an exceptional skill package, skating is probably the only thing holding him back, he's not that "small," he's built up enough to hold his own in dirty areas. He just has to skate well enough to keep up, espeically on defense.
what injuries? he only had one no?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Several warnings on Lappy's presser. It's about work. He loves Ginning and Desnoyers just needs his man strength.

aiChoAniki_01.jpg

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
IT BEGINS :nod:

Ginning's gonna help just like Lappy said, stay back and pass to the offensive guys

He's gonna help keep the goals against DOWN.....that wins games

If York is for real the Flers might surprise this year

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
what injuries? he only had one no?
But it affected his skating for a year or so - which of course slowed his development since improving his skating is his primary weakness to be addressed. He looked like he was 75% when he returned to the Phantoms last year. He'll probably start there this season, and if he's 100% and has improved his skating, can't see him down there for long.

Reactions: renberg

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
But it affected his skating for a year or so - which of course slowed his development since improving his skating is his primary weakness to be addressed. He looked like he was 75% when he returned to the Phantoms last year. He'll probably start there this season, and if he's 100% and has improved his skating, can't see him down there for long.
you said injuries though.

I can, as who will he replace? I like Brad. He will have to light it up to get a top 9 spot once the season starts. We shall see who JT benches and who is called up.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
you said injuries though.

I can, as who will he replace? I like Brad. He will have to light it up to get a top 9 spot once the season starts. We shall see who JT benches and who is called up.
If Brink is tearing up the AHL and can't win a top 9 spot, the Flyers are a playoff team!
These things work their way out, injuries, players regressing, etc.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Brink just turned 22 in July, basically lost a season to the hip.
Lead the NCAA in scoring at 20, and had half a season to adjust to the AHL, so it's not like jumping from the CHL - I'll be disappointed if he doesn't break out in a big way.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
Brink just turned 22 in July, basically lost a season to the hip.
Lead the NCAA in scoring at 20, and had half a season to adjust to the AHL, so it's not like jumping from the CHL - I'll be disappointed if he doesn't break out in a big way.
breakout in the AHL or NHL?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
breakout in the AHL or NHL?
AHL. He should be a man among boys at that level, there may be some adjustment to the NHL, b/c his game is more vision and anticipation than raw skill, and the faster game requires time to learn what you can and can't get away with.

blackjackmulligan

Jun 17, 2022
AHL. He should be a man among boys at that level, there may be some adjustment to the NHL, b/c his game is more vision and anticipation than raw skill, and the faster game requires time to learn what you can and can't get away with.
we shall see way to early to suggest that imo

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
baring another injury setback - he'll play

they need a guy with his vision and passing

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Rookie Game 1 is tonight vs NYR. Preview.
Preview: Rookie Game 1 | NHL.com

I watched the 3rd period, stream was pretty good. Share on Flyers' website live, but not archived yet. I didn't see any Flyer goals, but they said Ciernik had one.

Lines
Matt Brown - Desnoyers - Foerster
Barkey - Furry - Brink
Wisdom - Gaucher - Ciernik
Gendron - Fauchon - Tuomaala

Ginning - Bonk
Zmolek - Samson
Millman - Sotheran

Maier in net

Impressions
F: Brown has a lot of speed and jump. Ciernik is a fast, skilled player, worked well with Wisdom. Foerster is the entire size and hitting in the lineup and works well with Desnoyers. Tuomaala showed some speed and skill and board play. Fauchon had a couple good plays. Brink is still slow AF but he knows what to do with it and how to get it. He will play better with better players, he's so smart and skilled.

On D, Bonk was the best player, paired with Ginning who seems to be skating better and crosschecking everyone, so I liked his game (LOL!).

Both Sotheran and Samson jumped up into the play well. Millman was meh. Zmolek was unnoticeable. They had the three vets with the three rookie RHDs, which made sense.

That's all. Another game tomorrow afternoon and I won't be able to watch. Bjarny will be in net. Assume we'll see the other D (Andrae, Grans, Mann, Sedley). JR Avon was the only F who didn't dress for this one because he has an injury, it looks like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ask in a month when we see the kids in preseason action and see how NHL ready they look.

York, for example, did not look ready in preseason, I still contend that he overbulked up over the summer and lost some agility, after a couple months in the AHL he was a completely different player.

• Haha
Reactions: Curufinwe

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
York, for example, did not look ready in preseason, I still contend that he overbulked up over the summer and lost some agility, after a couple months in the AHL he was a completely different player.

Meltzer has already confirmed that York got on Torts' bad side when the senile old midget tried to provoke verbal altercations with him in camp. The idea that York underwent some kind of major body transformation over the summer then reversed it in two months playing AHL hockey is absurd. As was the idea that Zamula was more NHL ready than York in October in November.

Last edited:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Meltzer has already confirmed that York got on Torts' bad side when the senile old midget tried to provoke verbal altercations with him in camp. The idea that York underwent some kind of major body transformation over the summer then reversed it in two weeks playing AHL hockey is absurd. As was the idea that Zamula was more NHL ready than York in October in November.
I have already gotten to the point where I dont even read most of his posts . He talks out of both sides of his mouth at the same time . He contradicts himself all the time and is always the first one to post his opinion which is always always in company line .

Stop reading what he posts it makes life a lot easier .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Haven't heard much about him, but Jonathan Fauchon is interesting.
5/11 176, turns 19 in Jan, went undrafted.

Played on the same team with Gendron before he was traded, leading scorer with 65 points in 53 games on a weak offense. Supposedly has speed and creativity.

Sam Sedley is the other interesting prospect, 20 year old D-man, listed on EP at 5'10 154, listed on Flyers rookie roster at 6'0 184, either someone is wrong or EP is working off his numbers at 18 and he's had a growth spurt.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
lol matt brown just scored but hes been all over the ice today

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Just curious, in your opinion, if the Flyers were run on merit, what would their opening night lineup look like?

Frost 2C, drop Deslauriers, drop Staal, Seeler, and Risto.

Ask in a month when we see the kids in preseason action and see how NHL ready they look.

Yes, York did.

Reactions: Larry44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad