NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
My neighbor is from Columbia and he invited me to the Copa America soccer game tonight at NRG Stadium, Columbia vs. Paraguay. It's a major event here in Houston, with such a large Latin American population; but I'm too emotionally invested in this series, and the culmination of yet another great NHL season.

But I'm also noticing lots of local people who never watched hockey excited about tonight. So I'm happy for the league.

I'm more than happy to give them a synopsis, and when asked who they should pull for, I say the Oilers, of course. ;)
5a2ef2af6e2cf.image.jpg

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I genuinely despise a few guys on the Panthers, but I'm sick for the rest of them. I can't even imagine having to walk around with a failure like this. I actually hope they win tonight, as much as I hate to say it.

I hope florida wins as well. However solely for the reason I think the 31 years without a cup to a Canada team is very funny and I hope that continues.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I hope florida wins as well. However solely for the reason I think the 31 years without a cup to a Canada team is very funny and I hope that continues.
As a Canadian, the whole "Canada without a Cup" makes me laugh. I chose Boston as my team and almost half of the players in the league are Canadian. I couldn't care less if it ever comes to Canada, I cheer for my team, not the country, unless it is international competition such as the Olympics.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
As a Canadian, the whole "Canada without a Cup" makes me laugh. I chose Boston as my team and almost half of the players in the league are Canadian. I couldn't care less if it ever comes to Canada, I cheer for my team, not the country, unless it is international competition such as the Olympics.
100% agree and well said!

The media in Canada especially hasn’t got past the fact that Canadian teams don’t dominate for the Cup like 50-60 years ago

I hope the Oilers win, but mostly because I don’t care for Florida, not because the Cup has to ‘come home’

Reactions: caz16
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad