NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
are you rooting for it to end? I’d love an Oilers comeback. Hard for me to see how any non-Florida fan isn’t rooting for that.

I keep hearing “I don’t want Edmonton to win because of Canadian media”…

But IMO sports talk is a silly, waste of time medium regardless of who wins. I’ll take a high entertainment factor in the games if it means ignoring something that’s really easy to ignore.
If people hate watching than don't. No one is forcing you to turn on the TV. Geez....All of this whining (not you @CharasLazyWrister)

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I think the Panthers bear down and end this in 6. I feel like the last couple times we've seen a 3-0 lead begin to slip away, the leading team puts it away in game 6, home or away ice it doesn't matter. Canes/Rangers earlier was the closest we've seen before the Canes pissed away the 3rd period lead in game 6.

But . . you never know. I hope the Oilers can pull it off. McDavid should win the Conn Smythe win or loss at this point.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Cam Neely wannabe.....:laugh:

Screen-Shot-2019-06-07-at-9.09.06-AM-768x432.png

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
3-0 Florida collapse would be amazing.

Especially since this is essentially their last chance with this roster. They have limited cap space and guys like Bennett, Vergaehe, Ekblad hitting free agency
those 3 have one year left, their biggest concern is Reinhart, Montour, Kulikov, Ek-Larsson moving on

The McDavid show has been very fun to watch. But the other Connor I've been impressed with is Brown. Great compete level, hustling on pucks, doing all the things you need from a bottom 6 guy in the playoffs – plus scoring a goal, of course.
based solely on what I read about the kid and hear a bit about, feel like that Kuntar kid might have the chance to be like Brown, energy, maybe add a bit of offence here and there?

Cam Neely wannabe.....:laugh:

Screen-Shot-2019-06-07-at-9.09.06-AM-768x432.png
it`s a copycat league :)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He's got that look in his eyes, like a great white shark that smells Panther blood. I don't think he will be denied.

Thanks to a sweetheart travel schedule since mid-January, the Panthers are not conditioned to this cross-continental time-zone changing travel and are in huge trouble.

35-year old Bobrovsky looks like he's out of gas (not surprising, last night was his 80th game of the season, a career high).

The Panthers trademark heavy forecheck machine requires a ton of energy and they've gone from 5th gear down to 2nd or 3rd. Also not surprising their game is hard to sustain over 4 rounds of playoffs. Even in the Ranger series you saw glimpses of their forechecking game slowing down.

Looks good on them. I hope McDavid crushes their dreams.
Excellent point

McDavid is showing greatness and to lead his team back from 0-3 to win would basically cement him as all time top 5 minimum even if he never won another

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Excellent point

McDavid is showing greatness and to lead his team back from 0-3 to win would basically cement him as all time top 5 minimum even if he never won another

I really wasn't into this series much until last night. I was watching but not paying super-close attention.

But the finale of this cup final has become absolute must-see TV and it's largely because of McDavid. If he drags Edmonton back to a cup win after being down 0-3, it's something truly special and likely never to be repeated.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
The McDavid show has been very fun to watch. But the other Connor I've been impressed with is Brown. Great compete level, hustling on pucks, doing all the things you need from a bottom 6 guy in the playoffs – plus scoring a goal, of course.
Absolutely. Was thinking just the same thing. He reminds me of the kind of productivity and purpose our Merlot Line gave us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad