Player Discussion Mitch Marner - On Hiatus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will Marner be traded this off season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
View attachment 887766

If Marner would take accountability and stop being such a clown in the media he’d be a fan favorite.

And if he reaches his full potential he’s a top 5 player in the league.
Of course. Just as I predicted, you did the PPG stat instead of the total stat you used for the regular season. You guys are so transparent.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Mostly playing along side the best pure goal scorer in the league right now. I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

He is outproducing him... no clue if that has anything to do with it... is Matthews a stud in the playoffs now?

Reactions: Smif

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
He's basically Johnny Gaudreau and Jonathan Huberdeau v3.0 at this point. We should get out before we are the ones holding that bag for his age 36 year.

I'd offer him like 9x5 otherwise he can pack his shit and take a hike. Even then it feels really generous.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
What endless media speculation? I don't think anyone is saying anything. Everyone knows he will resign in Toronto. Why would they need to rush to resign him a year before they need to do so? At some point during the season we'll get a tweet saying that he's been resigned. It's just a matter of what the number and term end up being, but it will be team-friendly. He is here until he retires, and that won't happen for a few more years.
What?
Everyday there’s an overdrive show, report on Marner, top questions that come up at media interviews, Button, Dreger, Friedman, Biz, TSN, Dangle, podcasts, etc. And it’s only June.
What are you talking about.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
He is outproducing him... no clue if that has anything to do with it... is Matthews a stud in the playoffs now?
I wasn’t sure if we are talking about the playoffs or 25th in general.
I betting Matthews helps Marner much like McDavid helps Hyman or dies it only work for Edmonton

Reactions: arso40

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I betting Matthews helps Marner much like McDavid helps Hyman or dies it only work for Edmonton
Marner helped Tavares to his career best season, seems like everyone he plays with improves.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Who helps who more?

The two players who play together and are about even in points or the player who puts up double his linemate's points?

Also, watching them, it is obvious.

Reactions: ACC1224

Ports

Dec 7, 2017
I'm not sure whether you're agreeing with me or not.

Yes, $7.5M is small (not sure 'chump change', but) when you're looking at $100M, and it's only the cash part - cap is still $10.9.
Definitely not. Nobody pays out $7.5M when they can wait a few days to trade for him. What he gets on his next contract has nothing to do with it.

I believe Hyman was at least partly a cap issue. He wanted to stay badly, sounds like he would have taken a discount to do so too but we didn't have the cap space.

Domi was signed last summer. You wanted example of good signings and I gave them to you.

Next.
Hyman walked over not getting trade protection. He was willing to play for less to remain in Toronto.

Reactions: francis246

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
What endless media speculation? I don't think anyone is saying anything. Everyone knows he will resign in Toronto. Why would they need to rush to resign him a year before they need to do so? At some point during the season we'll get a tweet saying that he's been resigned. It's just a matter of what the number and term end up being, but it will be team-friendly. He is here until he retires, and that won't happen for a few more years.
Nightmare scenario

Reactions: RunItBackAgain

RunItBackAgain

“We were right there”
Oct 14, 2021
In before games 5-7 production is brought up. It's just a cycle at this point. No one is changing their stance at this point. Tre knows what needs to be done you can read the signs.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Let's hope your accuracy in predicting the playoffs is equal to your accuracy in predicting Leafs trades.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
This continues to be much, much different then the tone/language used with Nylander and his signing.
Yeah this is very interesting. Not a single thing mentioned about Mitch being a Leaf next year or alluding to any contract negotiations at all, but still didn't do anything to denigrate him or give away his cards. Nicely handled by Tre

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
What?
Everyday there’s an overdrive show, report on Marner, top questions that come up at media interviews, Button, Dreger, Friedman, Biz, TSN, Dangle, podcasts, etc. And it’s only June.
What are you talking about.
I'm talking about Tavares, not Marner.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Apologies then. I thought you were talking about Marner.
Yeah, I have no idea what happens with Marner. I tend to think that you're right in that the Leafs probably want to trade him, but simply may not be able to because of the circumstances.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Yeah, I have no idea what happens with Marner. I tend to think that you're right in that the Leafs probably want to trade him, but simply may not be able to because of the circumstances.
Sadly they only have themselves to blame for that. They had a prime opportunity a year ago and it sounds like he was never even shopped...

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
If MM is this great player, our best playoffs performer according to some here. How come no teams are offering great package to trade for him?

Tkachuk did it with a year left and Tre got a great package, just that he renewed Hubie a few months too early. I would take a 1st round pick, a top pairing puck moving RHD and top line winger for MM.

Yet, all we hear is that teams are not offering anything close to that.

I think the best way for all the MM can’t do no wrong Fans Club, to get a gotcha to the rest of Leafsnation is for MM to get traded for an amazing package. That way it just proves that MM is, as some suggested, a top 5 player in the league.

Like Keller, 2 1st rounder and Geekie from Utah
Or
Pietra, Roy,Thompson, 2 1st rounder
or
Parayko, Thomas, 2 1st rounder

If MM gets one of those package and more. I will start a MM most underrated and under appreciated thread.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Definitely not. Nobody pays out $7.5M when they can wait a few days to trade for him. What he gets on his next contract has nothing to do with it.

Hyman walked over not getting trade protection. He was willing to play for less to remain in Toronto.

He walked over AAV and term.

Reactions: ACC1224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad