NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
How does Bennett get away with everything? He just knocked Skinner down. He threw a hit against someone earlier who was facing the boards and he leaped into his head. How can a guy accidentally on purpose keep hitting the other team's best players in the head every series and everyone keeps falling for it? He should win the Conn Smythe and an Emmy.
I just remember Maroon getting tossed for saying mean words at someone. Different thresholds for different players I guess.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I know there's been loose talk about making a play for Drai if he ever becomes available and while he has dominant playoff numbers in his career, there's a lot about his game I don't like right now. Lead footed, weak on the puck, doesn't look like he even wants it on his stick right now. He's gotta be dealing with an injury of some sort.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
McDavid, wow. We're watching history, folks.

Edmonton could've won Game One, so this series wasn't as lopsided as it looked.

Now the psychology takes over, as well as the wear and tear of flying across the continent again.

I concur that Draisaitl must have an undisclosed injury. To paraphrase Jim Benning (if memory serves), if Edmonton got anything out of him, they win.

I'll also say PK Subban is building his game as an analyst. I know he was tight with Don Cherry, and I can see the influence.

Curious - are these two day breaks because of the travel?

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022

Now the psychology takes over, as well as the wear and tear of flying across the continent again.

I concur that Draisaitl must have an undisclosed injury. To paraphrase Jim Benning (if memory serves), if Edmonton got anything out of him, they win.

I'll also say PK Subban is building his game as an analyst. I know he was tight with Don Cherry, and I can see the influence.

To look at the other side, Barkov hasn't looked himself either. Not since the Draisaitl hit. His lack of play is part of McDavid's success last 2 games. A little bit like with Bergeron when we met Chicago.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When I was medically cleared I was invited back to work and the NHL is providing 2 charters so it is a 6 hour flight but not a nightmare- If Florida wins on Friday the NHL will fly us to Newark.

But my gut says there will be a Game 7 next Monday in Sunrise.

:popcorn:
The pressure Florida will be under in a game 7 will be like nothing I’ve seen

I don’t recall a game 7 Finals where a team came back from down 3-0 but its probsbly happened at some point

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I haven't watched the games but the pressure is all on the Panthers now. If they mailed it in for game 4, as some here suggested so they could hoist the Cup on home ice, it is biting them hard now. Oilers scoring 13 goals in the last two games is huge. Rattle Bob's cage some more!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The pressure Florida will be under in a game 7 will be like nothing I’ve seen

I don’t recall a game 7 Finals where a team came back from down 3-0 but its probsbly happened at some point
@DKH Only happened in 1942

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
@DKH Only happened in 1942

Thanks Kevin - glad to hear you are feeling better

McDavid is amazing

I’m hoping for a game 7 to start what should be a wild & fun week leading into the draft, free agency - and Dev Camp

Hockey Christmas in June (and July) for me - and us here

Pretty jacked / and a game 7 with Connor McDavid vs Florida not only winning but not blowing a 3-0 lead

Spectacular theatre but they gotta win game 6

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He's got that look in his eyes, like a great white shark that smells Panther blood. I don't think he will be denied.

Thanks to a sweetheart travel schedule since mid-January, the Panthers are not conditioned to this cross-continental time-zone changing travel and are in huge trouble.

35-year old Bobrovsky looks like he's out of gas (not surprising, last night was his 80th game of the season, a career high).

The Panthers trademark heavy forecheck machine requires a ton of energy and they've gone from 5th gear down to 2nd or 3rd. Also not surprising their game is hard to sustain over 4 rounds of playoffs. Even in the Ranger series you saw glimpses of their forechecking game slowing down.

Looks good on them. I hope McDavid crushes their dreams.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Ah well. The kitties will win it in Edmonton, and this season can finally f***ing end.

are you rooting for it to end? I’d love an Oilers comeback. Hard for me to see how any non-Florida fan isn’t rooting for that.

I keep hearing “I don’t want Edmonton to win because of Canadian media”…

But IMO sports talk is a silly, waste of time medium regardless of who wins. I’ll take a high entertainment factor in the games if it means ignoring something that’s really easy to ignore.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I won't lie, Florida losing back to back cups with this one being 3-0, would just TICKLE me.

I'm so ready for that.

I actually think Edmonton is going to do it too

I know there's been loose talk about making a play for Drai if he ever becomes available and while he has dominant playoff numbers in his career, there's a lot about his game I don't like right now. Lead footed, weak on the puck, doesn't look like he even wants it on his stick right now. He's gotta be dealing with an injury of some sort.

This is like not wanting Pasta because of his series against Florida

Reactions: dangermike and BMC

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

He's a weird player to watch even when he's playing well.

On the one hand, you have McDavid, whose speed and skill is so evident and obvious every time he's on the ice. Draisaitl, on the other hand, stands out mostly as being a very big body that's hard to take off the puck with good vision. The majority of the time, he is super effective despite not having the finesse generally associated with a guy that has his stat line. But other times, he looks wholly unimpressive.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

They absolutely should have. Total domination.

Bobrovsky was great but Edmonton also made some really poor shot selection decisions in that game.

I hope Edmonton wins next two for ultimate humiliation of Panthers. If not though, Oilers will kick themselves for not finding a way to get pucks past Bobrovsky in that G1.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
are you rooting for it to end? I’d love an Oilers comeback. Hard for me to see how any non-Florida fan isn’t rooting for that.

I keep hearing “I don’t want Edmonton to win because of Canadian media”…

But IMO sports talk is a silly, waste of time medium regardless of who wins. I’ll take a high entertainment factor in the games if it means ignoring something that’s really easy to ignore.
It is fairly easy to see why some don’t want Edmonton to win especially when they make it blatantly obvious.

Go Edmonton!!

Reactions: Ladyfan and DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad