NHL 2023-2024 Out of Town: Stanley Cup Playoffs II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
You can make an argument for the lottery being rigged every single year for every single team. I don't think they rig anything. I'm sure the NHL does some shady things, but I don't think they screw with the lottery. I believe they have a major third party accounting firm overlook the ball roll as well.

The big difference between the 2011 Bruins and the 2024 panthers is...

The Bruins were a classy team with very likeable players, who played the right way...

The panthers have many unlikeable players with no class, who are often helped by shady officiating

Is this satire? Listen, I understand the 2011 Bruins were beloved (I never watched then), but just looking at some of the highlights, it's clear that Marchand and Lucic in particular were playing like scumbags at various times.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The big difference between the 2011 Bruins and the 2024 panthers is...

The Bruins were a classy team with very likeable players, who played the right way...

The panthers have many unlikeable players with no class, who are often helped by shady officiating

Gotta disagree. The Bruins were so unliked that year, it took an All-Star team of truly loathsome players (Burrows, Bieksa, Lappy, Torres, Kessler), and a personality shift by two creepy, but previously "classy" players, for the league to root for the Bruins. I love that Bruins team, but not because they were "classy" (outside of Patrice Bergeron). They were bullies, and I was 110% OK with that.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
The realistic alternative to Edmonton in that lottery was Toronto and for sure, dollar for dollar, more cash in that option than the Oils. But the Gretzky thing has huge appeal. I get the argument for the Leafs, but put it this way, if I were in charge and happy to rig the lottery, I'm picking Edmonton. The marketing aspect would be irresistible to me. So on that basis I think it's at least arguable that that draw was manipulated.
This reads like you starting with an end point and then twisting logic to get there.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I actually like a few them, but I think the general consensus will be the Yeti
ttuBFDzLbhU6A.gif

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Maybe the arrogance of entitlement of the old boy's club in Edmonton has finally departed. That combined with the maturation process of their prospects finally reaching a level of maturity that is allowing them to give up their own selfish wants and desires and instead buy into a coach's philosophy and game plan. No longer do Conner McDavid and Leon Draisaitl play a selfish, highlight real - look at me game, having bought into the coach's plan and other players are now also following suit.

That said, I really hope Edmonton can light Florida up. I just don’t really care for Florida's team other than wishing the Bruins had a Barkov to play center.
Edmonton has been a coach's killer.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Can't both of them lose? :dunno:
haha ........that is what I am rooting for, ice melts in Florida, because these morons starting with Betteman, think we should end the Cup Finals a week before the 4th.All about MONEY, MONEY ,MONEY..........Th players in the finals get two months off before they get back to camp.

Reactions: BMC

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Bleh to all of them

I don't know what I would want, but I do know it wouldn't be any of those
Agreed. All of them are weak.

The whole notion of having the fans vote is silly anyway. Particularly when the answer is already staring them right in the face.

Just go with my name for every single non-Bruins team. "The Sucks".

Try it! It's perfect, and fits every team like a glove.

Toronto Sucks
Montreal Sucks
Florida Sucks
ST Louis Sucks

And yes, back to the point at hand, Utah Sucks.

Reactions: caz16

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Edmonton has been a coach's killer.
That can happen when you have a number of very young self centered previously entitled potential star/supper stars who believe they can do it all themselves and don't believe they need the direction of a coach telling them how they need to learn to play at this level. Experience and maturity changes many things. Along with the proper timing of the life cycle and a coach who can communicate in a way that the players will respect and respond.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Chili's
My vote is Yeti or Blizzard but I'm sure almost any of them will have a big group of people go "Oh this really sucks" until the season starts and then we'll get used to whatever the name is real quick.

I say almost though because I despise the HC route. Choose a name!!

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad