Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Finals - Celtics lead series 3-1 - Game 5 Monday at TD Garden

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KOZ37

May 17, 2010

Congrats to the Jays. I still had more fun watching Bird and McHale back in the day though. Really enjoyed how the game was played. First game I saw live was at the old "Gahden" back in '86 at the age of 13. Talk about a loud and rabid crowd lol. The crowds now are not nearly as loud but times are different. That team was amazing to watch though!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Congrats to the Jays. I still had more fun watching Bird and McHale back in the day though. Really enjoyed how the game was played. First game I saw live was at the old "Gahden" back in '86 at the age of 13. Talk about a loud and rabid crowd lol. The crowds now are not nearly as loud but times are different. That team was amazing to watch though!

I think the old Garden being smaller and better acoustics had something to do with the noise level. Boston still goes crazy for their teams at TD.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Think if you're #2 in the history of the game it means a little bit.
Not when you’re completely f***ing your team over and forcing them to play 5 on 4 for 70% of the game you aren’t

You have Kyrie pushing him out to his man because he has no idea where he’s supposed to be. Thats the funny thing- it’s not just a total lack of effort, it’s a total lack of understanding of how to play defense. So historically good on offense, historically bad on defense. Won’t win a god damn thing until that changes

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Does it matter how much you score when you give it back on the other end?

He was at best the 4th best player on the court the other night fwiw- if he’s as talented as you believe he is that’s unacceptable in a finals game
Tatum was worse in games #1 and #2 but we barely notice because Boston's a wagon.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tatum was worse in games #1 and #2 but we barely notice because Boston's a wagon.
And because he isn’t a total black hole on one end of the floor- he is actually proof you can lead your team in scoring, rebounding, and assists while actually playing on the other side of the ball, so good call bringing him up! Thats why he’s a game away from the title!

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
And because he isn’t a total black hole on one end of the floor- he is actually proof you can lead your team in scoring, rebounding, and assists while actually playing on the other side of the ball, so good call bringing him up! Thats why he’s a game away from the title!
No, we don't notice because the team around him carried the weight. Doncic doesn't have that luxury.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He's a game away from the title for the first time ever because there's a stacked team around him and he's leaning on them. Doncic is on an island.
On an island yet wasn’t even the best player on his team last game lmao

Again keep making excuses for a 70% blow by rate if you want, hopefully Luka never addresses that and keeps blaming the refs. We will never see him win a title until that fixes itself. He’s gonna have to play defense eventually if he wants to achieve the ultimate goal!

Reactions: lopey

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
On an island yet wasn’t even the best player on his team last game lmao

Again keep making excuses for a 70% blow by rate if you want, hopefully Luka never addresses that and keeps blaming the refs. We will never see him win a title until that fixes itself. He’s gonna have to play defense eventually if he wants to achieve the ultimate goal!
Yeah and how'd that work out for them. . .

He's never going to win a title until he's on a team with more than him and Kyrie. Jesus if that ain't the lesson Boston seems to have finally learned after so many close calls.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah and how'd that work out for them. . .

He's never going to win a title until he's on a team with more than him and Kyrie. Jesus if that ain't the lesson Boston seems to have finally learned after so many close calls.
~70% needs to change and until you and Luke admit that nothing else will. Iverson came the closest to one-way playing himself to a title, and it still wasn’t all that close. At least for him it’s mostly a size thing, not a heart thing. You gotta play 2 way ball if you want to win a title as a star

Yes they need a 3rd option but it really doesn’t matter when your main guy plays on one side of the court. They lost last game by 7. I bet you I can find 8 points allowed because of Luka’s lack of effort

Last edited:

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
~70% needs to change and until you and Luke admit that nothing else will. Iverson came the closest to one-way playing himself to a title, and it still wasn’t all that close. At least for him it’s mostly a size thing, not a heart thing. You gotta play 2 way ball if you want to win a title as a star

Yes they need a 3rd option but it really doesn’t matter when your main guy plays on one side of the court. They lost last game by 7. I bet you I can find 8 points allowed because of Luka’s lack of effort

Why are you even bothering with this on today of all days?

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
This town is starving for a championship, and it’s obvious that while the Patriots are rebuilding, Red Sox ownership can’t be counted on to even pretend to try, and the Bruins are gonna Bruin (NEED THAT #1 CENTER, DONNY).

Dallas will put up a gallant struggle, but I think the Celtics will do what it takes and euthanize the Mavs. Tonight is the night long-suffering Boston fans have been waiting for.

1718370482507.jpeg

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
This town is starving for a championship, and it’s obvious that while the Patriots are rebuilding, Red Sox ownership can’t be counted on to even pretend to try, and the Bruins are gonna Bruin (NEED THAT #1 CENTER, DONNY).

Dallas will put up a gallant struggle, but I think the Celtics will do what it takes and euthanize the Mavs. Tonight is the night long-suffering Boston fans have been waiting for.

View attachment 882702
And if not tonight then Monday.

Reactions: rfournier103

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
2nd in the history of the NBA in playoff pts per game.

Cool story, his career is young. This is like crowing because you're in 2nd 10m into a 100m sprint.

But since you want to play this game lets do it.

1. His production is steadily decreasing from 35 PPG 2 years ago to 28 this year
2. His shooting %s are trending down from a .490 FG% and .408 3pt% 2 years ago to .444 FG% and .340 3pt% this year.
3. His PER has dropped from 27.1 to 22.6
4. His on-off dropped from +33 to +11

Not even getting into the fact that he is close to the sole reason why the Mavs defense is failing in this series. He can't stay in front of anyone and him getting abused off the dribble is leading to all the help D and blown coverages. Tatum and Brown can get into the paint at will with him on them. It's embarrassing

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Cool story, his career is young. This is like crowing because you're in 2nd 10m into a 100m sprint.

1. His production is steadily decreasing from 35 PPG 2 years ago to 28 this year
2. His shooting %s are trending down from a .490 FG% and .408 3pt% 2 years ago to .444 FG% and .340 3pt% this year.

Not even getting into the fact that he is close to the sole reason why the Mavs defense is failing in this series. He can't stay in front of anyone and him getting abused off the dribble is leading to all the help D and blown coverages. Tatum and Brown can get into the paint at will with him on them. It's embarrassing
The guys up to 50ish games already and you think he's 1/10th of his way in. . . give it a rest.

He's probably the best talent on the court for either team. Tip the cap and accept the Championship win when it comes.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Does it matter how much you score when you give it back on the other end?

He was at best the 4th best player on the court the other night fwiw- if he’s as talented as you believe he is that’s unacceptable in a finals game
You can't play good/great defense(needed to be a champ) when you're lazy anywhere but attacking the rim. He's a big boy, but could use getting in shape to be able to play both ends of the court.

We are talking about Doncic, correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

KOZ37

May 17, 2010

People tend to overlook as well the fact that every time he gets blown by, or chooses not to play defense, his teammates are the ones picking up the slack and wearing down. It baffles me why he is so tired when he only tries on offense. Then again his obvious lack of fitness explains it I guess.

Reactions: CDJ and Mad-Marcus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad