Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 NBA Finals - Celtics lead series 3-1 - Game 5 Monday at TD Garden

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Honestly I hope this goes 5 and Dallas takes one in their building and we wrap it up at home. I want this to comeback here to Boston so the fans can roast Kyrie again and heckle him. It's hilarious seeing the fans get under his skin so easily
I take the win in 4 rather than play with it for a roast. Banner is the only, repeat, only thing to work on.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
had anyone ever heard of a soleus strain prior to KP's injury vs. MIA
I have probably because I was diagnosed with one 2 years ago only to find out it was my gastrocnemius that tore.

Looking at this diagram, there is no way the medical staff clears him. The unkown risks are not worth it

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
From the sounds of it he already played on it for a quarter, he didn’t get removed until relatively late in the game and the injury apparently happened in the 3rd

Reactions: Alicat

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I have probably because I was diagnosed with one 2 years ago only to find out it was my gastrocnemius that tore.

Looking at this diagram, there is no way the medical staff clears him. The unkown risks are not worth it

IDK, I think they'll clear him. It looks like its more of just a sheath that keeps other things in a groove vs a structural issue. Gotta imagine its something that they can try to brace/tape to lessen the chance of slippage. Doesn't seem any riskier than when guys go out and play on torn knee tendons like Chara and his PCL a few years ago

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
IDK, I think they'll clear him. It looks like its more of just a sheath that keeps other things in a groove vs a structural issue. Gotta imagine its something that they can try to brace/tape to lessen the chance of slippage. Doesn't seem any riskier than when guys go out and play on torn knee tendons like Chara and his PCL a few years ago
The fact that even the Celtics docs called this a rare injury makes me think he won't be cleared. The docs at MGH don't classify something as rare very often.

No amount of bracing or taping will help this kind of injury. He'll get some torodol for pain management but that is about it until he goes in for surgery.

I love KP and want him to play but the risk to further damaging his ankle/foot is just not worth it imo. He's still got a number of years left to play.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Len and Reggie would have been magic together.

It feels like this story resurfaces every year the Celtics play into June. The Bruins; Red Sox and Patriots have historically crushing defeats. The Celtics have this. Horrible.

I heard an anecdote from a friend who said Michael Jordan was asked who the best player he ever played against was. Jordan replied that the best player he ever played against wasn’t in the NBA. It was Len Bias. Had Lenny lived, Magic vs. Bird would have transitioned to Jordan vs. Bias. I’d bet a lot of money on that.

I’m not sure if that anecdote my friend told me was true or not, but one thing that is true is that because of Len Bias’ cocaine overdose, I never touched the stuff. It’s been in front of me many times, and I thought of Bias every time.

Rest easy, bud. Enjoy the game tomorrow.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
It feels like this story resurfaces every year the Celtics play into June. The Bruins; Red Sox and Patriots have historically crushing defeats. The Celtics have this. Horrible.

I heard an anecdote from a friend who said Michael Jordan was asked who the best player he ever played against was. Jordan replied that the best player he ever played against wasn’t in the NBA. It was Len Bias. Had Lenny lived, Magic vs. Bird would have transitioned to Jordan vs. Bias. I’d bet a lot of money on that.

I’m not sure if that anecdote my friend told me was true or not, but one thing that is true is that because of Len Bias’ cocaine overdose, I never touched the stuff. It’s been in front of me many times, and I thought of Bias every time.

Rest easy, bud. Enjoy the game tomorrow.
Alteted history as overplaying Bird (back) and McHale (foot) following year expedited their demise

Basketball is really my 4th sport but Bias death in my lifetime was the worst thing that ever happened to a Boston sports team

We - everyone was robbed of what I figured was going to be the most dominant team we would ever have seen up to that point

They could with health won 75-82 games they were like the 86 Bears defense and the Brady/Moss ‘07 Patriots

I was at work it was around 930-10 when I heard it - mind blowing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad