Pre-Game Talk: 2023-2024 Habs Rookie Camp & Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Easy answer, waive Armia. He hasnt been noticable, is taking up a roster spot from a rookie and no one will claim him.

Armia won't be claimed anyway. So, we lose nobody and keep Primeau. Allen is a piece of glass. He'd be injured before American Thanksgiving

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Shouldn't people be happy that Armia might be claimed off waivers if he's waived? Freeing his cap space without a sweetener and without having to take a player in return is great.

Which is why he's not going to be claimed. :laugh:

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Joshua Roy should not have been cut but some AHL time has never hurt anybody. Based on merit though, he deserved a longer look.
He will need a massive AHL year because the competition with which he is fighting for a spot is pretty strong and its doubtful he makes it with us in my honest opinion.

Next training camp there will be the 2024 draftees. Honestly i don't think there is a clear path for Roy to make the NHL with us.

Competition is very, very strong on the top six(Suzuki, Dach, Newhook, Caufield, Slaf) and there are players like Farrell, Heineman, Davidson, Josh Anderson(4 more year under contract) whom he is competing with for a middle/bottom six role and they seem better suited for this role. (Not Farrell). The 2024 draftees are coming and if we sign Tuch it will be another competitor.

If we acquire a top forward with our draft capital next summer, his chances are pretty much cooked.

So yeah, he will need a massive, eye-opening year in the AHL.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I don't think he looked great but better then the rest which shows how thin our forward prospect pool is.
whats the rush?

Its better for him to play major minutes in Laval this year and develop properly. Im tired of guys in Montreal too early and then they dont pan out, or hit their full potential.....

its time to take the Detroit example........

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
Was at the game last night and it was horrible.

The 3 players that stood out to me were Anderson,Monahan and Xhekaj. I thought Xhekaj looked great amongst a terrible D-core and Anderson and Monhan were the only 2 forwards doing anything.

Beck and Roy werent horrible but dont look ready yet and Ylonen skating is impressive. Not sure where he fits into this team though now and in the future.

I see the potential with Mailloux but he needs to seriously work on his defensive game.

Also, Gallagher looked absolutely terrible last night. I doubt he has anything left in the tank unfortunately.

The rest of the team looked like AHLers.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Easily cuts after tonight's game:

Farrell (F)
Kidney (F)
Maillet (F) (waivers)
Andersson (F) (waivers)
Norlinder (D)
Trudeau (D) ????
Dobes (G)

So 16 F, 11 D and 4 G remaining but Price (G) Dvorak(F), Wideman (D) and Matheson (D) are injured.

Which means we're at 15 F, 9 D and 3 G.

Caufield-Suzuki-Monahan
RHP-Dach-Slafkovsky
Anderson-Newhook-Gallagher
Pearson/Pezzetta-Evans-Armia/Ylonen

Wildcard: Heineman
IR: Dvorak

Guhle-Savard
Xhekaj-Harris
Reinbacher or Trudeau?????-Lindstrom/Kovacevic/Barron

Wildcard: Mailloux
IR: Wideman, Matheson

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He looked great but he didn't kick the door in and that's what you need to do with this roster while we sort through the Bergevin garbage collection.
HuGo have a lot more garbage to dispose of once they do Roy and Heineman the question is how long will that take. :dunno:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Easily cuts after tonight's game:

Farrell (F)
Kidney (F)
Maillet (F) (waivers)
Andersson (F) (waivers)
Norlinder (D)
Trudeau (D) ????
Dobes (G)

So 16 F, 11 D and 4 G remaining but Price (G) Dvorak(F), Wideman (D) and Matheson (D) are injured.

Which means we're at 15 F, 9 D and 3 G.

Caufield-Suzuki-Monahan
RHP-Dach-Slafkovsky
Anderson-Newhook-Gallagher
Pearson/Pezzetta-Evans-Armia/Ylonen

Wildcard: Heineman
IR: Dvorak

Guhle-Savard
Xhekaj-Harris
Reinbacher or Trudeau?????-Lindstrom/Kovacevic/Barron

Wildcard: Mailloux
IR: Wideman, Matheson

Players I have Farrell ahead of:

Gallagher
Armia
Heineman
Pearson
Pezzetta

Granted Gally and Armia are likely on the team regardless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad