Pre-Game Talk: 2023-2024 Habs Rookie Camp & Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Habs have been irellevant , the only relevant thing about us is other fans saying how did that team win that game/series with that roster on paper for 20 years straightJesus Christ!!!

I suppose it's nice to be the underdogs but frankly im sick of it

Irrelevant is too strong a word. I'd say they have been mediocre, and as you alluded, they punched above their weight several times in the last 30 years.

Since 1994, I'd say the Habs have only been clear favourites going into a series four times.

Twice in 2008, once in 2013, and once in 2015.

Some people might call the 2013 team a wash rather than a favourite, but that habs team did win their division, if I remember correctly.

Anyways, point stands. The habs presence as clear cut favourites in a series has been very rare in the past 30 years.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
One scrimmage to the next? People have these exact opinions watching Mesar in the SAME scrimmage. It's almost like certain posters see what they want to see.
people are being incredibly micro in their evaluations. Players won’t be at their best every single shift, every single game. Too much focus on the moment-to-moment. A lot of habs fans are really on edge with the prospects.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Irrelevant is too strong a word. I'd say they have been mediocre, and as you alluded, they punched above their weight several times in the last 30 years.

Since 1994, I'd say the Habs have only been clear favourites going into a series four times.

Twice in 2008, once in 2013, and once in 2015.

Some people might call the 2013 team a wash rather than a favourite, but that habs team did win their division, if I remember correctly.

Anyways, point stands. The habs presence as clear cut favourites in a series has been very rare in the past 30 years.
Twice on 2014 - Habs were Vegas favorites vs TBay and NYR which they lost, Bruins were slight favorites in the 2nd round series they lost

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
people are being incredibly micro in their evaluations. Players won’t be at their best every single shift, every single game. Too much focus on the moment-to-moment. A lot of habs fans are really on edge with the prospects.
Very true. Overreacting to every play, shift or even game is a fool’s game. Why we need to look for is consistency, reliability, IQ and trends (both good and bad).

The bottom line is you don’t attend an NHL camp unless you have some elite, enticing abilities. And every single one of them has flaws and will make mistakes. You need a vast sample size to see what they’re really all about.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
First four cuts, as expected:

Cédrick Guindon
Florian Xhekaj
Quentin Miller
Jan Spunar

And then there were 68.

I expect maybe a few more cuts after tomorrow's game. More likely the invites like Dufort and Demin.

And at some point they'll realign the groups where they'll place all the AHL guys together. Maybe they'll do that after tomorrow or at the latest after their second preseason game on Wednesday.

• Haha
Reactions: SwiftyHab

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Loved Miller at that camp. Liked Florian. Can't wait to see how he'll elevate his offensive game. For Miller...well good luck....try to keep that save % better than .875....lol

I even liked Spunar. Let,s keep an eye on him too. Ced...well...it's all about development from now on.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Twice on 2014 - Habs were Vegas favorites vs TBay and NYR which they lost, Bruins were slight favorites in the 2nd round series they lost

I'm talking about clear cut favourites, though. The tampa and NYR series were closer to being a wash than having clear cut favourites.

Bishop was a big loss for tampa, and the habs ended up exploiting lindback pretty badly. I also think the rangers and Habs had alot in common in 2014...they were mirror images in some ways.

Reactions: HabzSauce

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Has there been any word on whether or not the pre-season game tomorrow will be televised?

Trying to see if I’m going to be doing a side by side feed with the Devils split season games or if I have to just stick to the home one.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I'm really questioning people ability to tolerate a rebuild.
The thing is that it is not a true rebuild. Core forward pieces were drafted in 2017 & 2019. Hughes said he wanted to accelerate the rebuild by trading for young guys and I think it is worth a try but it means you have to expect the guys in their d+5 to be relevant in this league. Else you should have kept the picks lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad