Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 5

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Can someone confirm JB said there are still moves or is he just done and not telling us because that is somehow just too much information that us fans cannot be privy to?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
His PP2 spot now belongs to Raddysh, with Atkinson I no longer see a fit.

I think he got more flack for his contract, not his play. I'm still a big TJ fan
I would consider it more like his role on the 2nd cup team. 10 minutes per night but he chipped in timely offense. He had an impact on the SCF. Not sure if he can still do that.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I would consider it more like his role on the 2nd cup team. 10 minutes per night but he chipped in timely offense. He had an impact on the SCF. Not sure if he can still do that.

I think we are all good in that role, which is unfortunate because TJ is still an NHL player and deserves a home

RLP55

Jul 13, 2022
No on TJ. We’re scrawny enough as is.

In the camp that a trade is in the works. Waiting on the Moser #s and term. Hope they keep both Perbix and Lilleberg, but one probably gets moved.

Reactions: Zwui21

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
we were after henrique so clearly we want a player at that level but whether we can actually get one is another question altogether

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I just wish the guy would elaborate on if we are done or not. You would think we have another move because of the cap space but hey, we let Stamkos go anyway for the cost of what we still have. Our prize is sitting and guessing some more

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Apparently moser is going to take most of our cap space
Based on what? Not that I don't believe you or am saying you are full of it. It's just more that if JB's gonna wait another 2 to 4 weeks for an arbitration and then see what we can do then just say it already. If Carolina didn't purposely leak everything to hopefully start a bidding war for Guentzel, we'd have all just said "WOAH WTF?" when it all went down

Well finally some insight. Thank you JB for keeping this shocking development to your chest while us Lightning fans sound like morons speculating the next move when clearly nothing else is gonna happen for a while

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
we got 4 million cap space and i don’t see moser taking less than 3 so there isn’t much to work with. shipping out sheary would help

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
we got 4 million cap space and i don’t see moser taking less than 3 so there isn’t much to work with. shipping out sheary would help
They currently have 5.75 in cap space with 12 F, 5 D and 2 G. Moser shouldn't cost more than 3, so then it's about if a trade is coming or not. Sheary being traded or bought out still allows.for one additional F in the 2.5-3 range.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
They currently have 5.75 in cap space with 12 F, 5 D and 2 G. Moser shouldn't cost more than 3, so then it's about if a trade is coming or not. Sheary being traded or bought out still allows.for one additional F in the 2.5-3 range.
So we have like 4.9 million in cap space with Lilly as the extra defenseman

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
So we have like 4.9 million in cap space with Lilly as the extra defenseman
After Lilleberg and a 775k 13th F (likely Goncalves), they would have 4.105 left with which to sign Moser. If Sheary is bought out, then they'd have 5.522 to sign Moser+one additional F. Waiving Sheary with no one claiming him gives them 5.255, and trading Sheary gives them 6.105. I can't see Moser taking more than in the 2.5-3 range, so even at 3 million, they'd have 1.1 left with no Sheary trade, 2.5 with a biy out, and 3.1 with a trade. If Perbix was being moved as part of some deal with Crozier then getting his spot, you can add another 258k to those numbers.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I thought everyone here was shitting on Johnson for his last two seasons here. Do we suddenly want him back?
He wasn't making a millionish then.

Depends on what we are looking for. If we need a bit of scoring, it wouldn't be the worst thing. And, again, for all the flack he caught, he scored some timely goals in his last handful of tb games.

I just don't know if we want another small, scoring forward in the bottom six. Probably looking for some size/nastiness.

Reactions: Rschmitz

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
jbb: moser is a top 4 D

moser: give me top 4 money

jbb:
IMG_0121.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad