Speculation: 2023-2024 General Lightning Discussion - Part 4

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I see it as Sergachev for McDonagh, Moser, Geekie. Big win for us, and let’s see what we do with the cap space.
While I do think Serg would have got his 22+ mins a night, picking up shifts with Heddy, we were still paying 8.5 for a LD3.

Serg was a luxury during the cups and his bridge deal but hadn't taken that next step to become the guy yet. We got our LD3 in Moser (who also averaged 20+ mins a game for 3 years in Arizona) so we'll see how that goes. 2 years younger and should be much cheaper, I don't know what his ceiling was when drafted but if he could become a potential top 4 D (McD replacement?) Then this move could be very interesting

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I wonder if we can dump perbix and sign a RHD in the 3 to 3.5 million bucks range ? Help Mac and heddy out more ?
Checking Moser's stats he averaged 20+ a night in Arizona, could try and give him some minutes to further development and see what we have.

I wonder what they do with Liliberg now 🤔

Reactions: Outl4w

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I’d give him 7.5 AAV and 7 years in Tampa would he grab it ?
This is what I was thinking as well. It's lower than what others can offer, but we need to use the cap wisely, considering JBB just grabbed some picks, I'm sure he's itching to trade them already and will want to save a tad of cap for TDL.

I do think we need to grab one of the top 6 FA though, I like Guentzel as the best option.

Imagine we sign Stammer and finally get him a good winger to play with after years of a shuffling linemates:laugh:

Reactions: Todd1a

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
lol 😂 but what if stammer still leaves?

I see the "plan" now at least, we aren't going into next year with the status quo and he's making moves to improve the team.

Obviously, the Stamkos situation still sucks

Flip the numbers upside down to make 86. Ducktape over the name and write Kuuuuuuuuuuch
Excellent suggestion, sounds like you've done this before!

Conor Geekie's draft scouting report btw for all of those interested in what we got.

1719682175181.png

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I see the "plan" now at least, we aren't going into next year with the status quo and he's making moves to improve the team.

Conor Geekie's draft scouting report btw for all of those interested in what we got.

View attachment 889450
I like to use dobberprospects.com

I'm pretty sure he immediately becomes our top prospect.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

View attachment 889450
So looks like his skating is a concern. Sounds like a Brayden Point situation.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Hurricanes offered him 8 million per year for 8 years and he rejected it
Yikes.
That should raise all kinds of Red Flags in Tampa to look in another direction.

JBB cleaning up the messes he's made.

Maybe he's not done yet, still time to trade Cirelli
Sheary is still on the roster and has not been dealt or bought out.
Cernak's name keeps popping up as well but there are questions regarding his seemingly injury prone time in Tampa Bay.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
This Geekie kid is 6'4". Very different kind of player, but it's been a very long time since we've had a very big scoring line center, Lecavalier was the last. I love it if he pans out, his stock has risen considerably recently too.
A 6'4 Brayden Point!!!
I meant a prospect with everyone talking about skating issues. Points biggest weakness at one point was his skating ability

We'll have a scapegoat even if we win every single game next season.
I'm still on the Blashill and Sheary anti-bandwagon!

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
This Moser kid looks real good too! His advanced stats look great, I'd be happy with him as our 2nd LD if we didn't have McDonagh

Report is that we are creating cap space to sign Guentzel

Reactions: The Gongshow

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
What other top 6 guys are available?
With the cap going up and our desperate need for a top 6 winger, I think they gotta try, to an extent, of course, we shouldn't be spending all the cap on one guy
Please understand that Tampa Bay just traded two players to enable the organization to sign Stamkos AND fill out the roster with acceptable talent.

Adding a player who is likely asking far more than Stamkos not only defeats that logic, but it also forces more moves to free up Cap Space which in turn create more opening roster spots that need to be filled with less money.

Sign Stamkos and use the rest of the Cap that is leftover to see what competent free agents can be convinced to play in Tampa Bay for a shot at the Cup with a core that has already proved they know who to win it not once but twice.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
This Moser kid looks real good too! His advanced stats look great, I'd be happy with him as our 2nd LD if we didn't have McDonagh

Report is that we are creating cap space to sign Guentzel
Hes just coming off his rookie deal too, so hopefully we sign him under 3 direction 3 years and see if he can continue to handle 20+ mins a night on what should be a better team/situation for him. If he can be our McD replacement in 2-3 years that could be huge. Either way, we all wanted a cheaper LD3 option and we got one now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay