2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
I think Newcastle will finish 5-6. Tonali and Barnes are good signings but the top 4 teams have also made good signings, and their players and depth are better than Newcastles. We really need to finish top 4 next year again to get a world class player like Kvara.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So Villa have Pau Torres, Diego Carlos, Tielemans, Dendoncker, Couthino, Digne, Kamara and Diaby. Probaly more incoming.

Newcastle have Barnes, Isak, Botman, Trippier, Gordon, Tonali, Almiron, Bruno and probaly more incoming.

Both this clubs are gonna challenge for a top 4 spot.

Reactions: CuuuJooo

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
He has basically zero to do with the club. Everything remotely connected was moved to the family away from Joe Lewis' control. Nothing will change from an operational Pov

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Me as a Chelsea fan watching this

B9759CA6-42D7-404F-B566-3D46E1F914F8.png
CEF9FFF1-0C6B-44E6-B82A-B272545F8CB8.png

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Guess you don't have to worry about him being benched for Fofana, so that makes sense.
If they name James (Poch's comments and some club social media stuff making it suddenly seem more likely than previously), then Silva will be #2 and I would imagine Kepa will be #3.

So, if Fofana comes back strong and relegates Silva to the bench, we'll have a captain more famous for actively disrespecting a former coach than for his actual ability :)

Civetty

Jan 2, 2017
I think Newcastle will finish 5-6. Tonali and Barnes are good signings but the top 4 teams have also made good signings, and their players and depth are better than Newcastles. We really need to finish top 4 next year again to get a world class player like Kvara.

It'll be competetive for sure. Newcastle have a great team spirit though which most others top teams lack. If Newcastle can improve Isak's weaknesses though he'll be an absolute star.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Window is open for them.
They gotta beat out Newcastle, Liverpool, and Man United. I think they are better than Spurs and Brighton with the moves they did, but Liverpool got loads better (and should be healthier), Man United has done okay (the defensive line is still a major weakness IMO), and Newcastle got better (still lack elite CB and goalscorer though). I actually think Villa made the smartest moves out of any of those three clubs considering the price, but all the others already have a solid core which they all built upon that I think Aston Villa still lack. For example, LFC got Mac Allister and the Hungarian on top of an extremely deep/winning core.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They gotta beat out Newcastle, Liverpool, and Man United. I think they are better than Spurs and Brighton with the moves they did, but Liverpool got loads better (and should be healthier), Man United has done okay (the defensive line is still a major weakness IMO), and Newcastle got better (still lack elite CB and goalscorer though). I actually think Villa made the smartest moves out of any of those three clubs considering the price, but all the others already have a solid core which they all built upon that I think Aston Villa still lack. For example, LFC got Mac Allister and the Hungarian on top of an extremely deep/winning core.
LFC is screwed. They are going to have to win Europa League; which they might; to get in UCL. Man Utd and Newcastle (and Arsenal) heavily benefited from no UCL last season. Think this season everything is up for grabs

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Also, I totally forgot Chelsea concerning Chelsea who should have a bounce-back season since bought Nkunku (which should be one of the best signings of the season), Jackson, got Angelo, and look to be close to buying Lavia/Caicedo. No way I take Aston Villa over them on paper, even a half-arse talented Pochettino can get them back in the top 5-6 based on talent alone.
LFC is screwed. They are going to have to win Europa League; which they might; to get in UCL.
I don't think so, I agree that Klopp's targets have been strange considering I am not sure the club needed to waste the funds on both Mac Allister and Szoboszlai when replacing Fabinho and buying another CB were bigger issues for me as a neutral fan. However, you lot have the potential to win games 4-3 on the current set-up. Gakpo when properly used looked very good, you lot still have a prime Salah, Jota though overrated is still quality in Klopp's system, Tsimikas is wonderful, TAA is still a powerhouse offensively, Robertson is still good, and Diaz will be back healthy who was an absurdly good buy.

I definitely think there is still a level of iffiness about Nunez succeeding, but Diaz/Gakpo/Salah should make up for a lack of goals by Darwin. The biggest concern I have for you lot and it is something dating back to last season is that Klopp is a one-trick pony when it comes to tactics. Even with all the offensive talent on the pitch, teams might have already figured him out and when you think how rough the defensive unit currently looks, I think you lot will concede a ton. There is also a chance that Liverpool will play right into the trap of other teams due to the tactic that Klopp only plays (high pressure). His tactics also run rugged on players' stamina as well, not sure how well the ageing Liverpool core will be able to keep up over the course of the campaign. Nonetheless, I still think LFC is currently a better team than Man United based on the window so far.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Also, I totally forgot Chelsea concerning Chelsea who should have a bounce-back season since bought Nkunku (which should be one of the best signings of the season), Jackson, got Angelo, and look to be close to buying Lavia/Caicedo. No way I take Aston Villa over them on paper, even a half-arse talented Pochettino can get them back in the top 5-6 based on talent alone.

I don't think so, I agree that Klopp's targets have been strange considering I am not sure the club needed to waste the funds on both Mac Allister and Szoboszlai when replacing Fabinho and buying another CB were bigger issues for me as a neutral fan. However, you lot have the potential to win games 4-3 on the current set-up. Gakpo when properly used looked very good, you lot still have a prime Salah, Jota though overrated is still quality in Klopp's system, Tsimikas is wonderful, TAA is still a powerhouse offensively, Robertson is still good, and Diaz will be back healthy who was an absurdly good buy.

I definitely think there is still a level of iffiness about Nunez succeeding, but Diaz/Gakpo/Salah should make up for a lack of goals by Darwin. The biggest concern I have for you lot and it is something dating back to last season is that Klopp is a one-trick pony when it comes to tactics. Even with all the offensive talent on the pitch, teams might have already figured him out and when you think how rough the defensive unit currently looks, I think you lot will concede a ton. There is also a chance that Liverpool will play right into the trap of other teams due to the tactic that Klopp only plays (high pressure). His tactics also run rugged on players' stamina as well, not sure how well the ageing Liverpool core will be able to keep up over the course of the campaign. Nonetheless, I still think LFC is currently a better team than Man United based on the window so far.
LFC way too unbalanced and have a ton of work to do. Still a lot of time to go I guess but I’m not picking them top four as of right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad