2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Can't think of any high-level players who got this injured this young and fulfilled their potential afterwards.
He needed to play too.

His tackling, progression were strong. His anticipation and physicality weren’t. Sometimes, he was a second too slow and looked frail pretty consistently. Needed to be playing and in the gym.

But he had “it”. Good mentality, team didn’t concede a lot last season even with the swiss cheese midfield and fullbacks injured.

Well. Now your faith in Chalobah is tested. Thiago’s not here much longer.

Realistically, you can’t plan your future with Wes as a key cog anymore. If he comes back from it, great. He’ll have beat all odds and precedent. But there’s a long term hole at starting RCB now.

Reactions: Blender

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Chalobah is bad so this doesn't make me happy.

Selling Guehi and Tomori continues to be stupid.
I don’t think either of those guys is very good. At least, neither of them are starting level guys for a top four side.

I think Wes is/was a better player, but these knee injuries likely kill that.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I don’t think either of those guys is very good. At least, neither of them are starting level guys for a top four side.

Tomori would immediately become your second best central defender. Take it from someone who's watched more than half of his games the last couple of years.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
He needed to play too.

His tackling, progression were strong. His anticipation and physicality weren’t. Sometimes, he was a second too slow and looked frail pretty consistently. Needed to be playing and in the gym.

But he had “it”. Good mentality, team didn’t concede a lot last season even with the swiss cheese midfield and fullbacks injured.

Well. Now your faith in Chalobah is tested. Thiago’s not here much longer.

Realistically, you can’t plan your future with Wes as a key cog anymore. If he comes back from it, great. He’ll have beat all odds and precedent. But there’s a long term hole at starting RCB now.
Wonder if James takes over at RCB and Gusto is RB

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Disagree. They're both starting caliber for a top four side IMO.

Wes is better, but he's in the ward.
Tomori would immediately become your second best central defender. Take it from someone who's watched more than half of his games the last couple of years.
He's more seasoned than Colwill and is healthier than Fofana, so it's hard to clean compare with them, but Tomori would definitely be in a cluster with Badiashile/Fofana/Colwill behind Thiago. I think all those guys are roughly even in quality, although Colwill (and Badiashile, honestly) remains pretty raw.
Wonder if James takes over at RCB and Gusto is RB
James at RCB in a back five is a waste of his talents, but James at RCB in a back four (which Poch will almost definitely play) would be a full blown abomination. I'd be shocked if that happened.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
James at RCB in a back five is a waste of his talents, but James at RCB in a back four (which Poch will almost definitely play) would be a full blown abomination. I'd be shocked if that happened.
I more meant in the short term. I guess this would be a better comment if we weren't in the open window.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Chelsea are a shamble.

Yikes they have a weak roster for amount spent
Yeah, I'm very interested to see what place they come in. I'm not entirely sure a well-managed season by Poch ends up in a top 4 finish. People can say their prior group of players wasn't good and they needed changes, and that's entirely fair. However, the players they brought in to replace them are a bunch of unproven kids that typically aren't the types of players you'd associate with being immediate important players for Premier League top 4 sides.

We might have to reorient what Chelsea is once we see this season from them. They might end up what Arsenal had been before the last few years where their proper level was actually more in the 5-7 level of Premier League clubs as opposed to a top 4 club.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Anything between 4-8 for Chelsea would not surprise me. New and raw squad, but a very good coach and no Europe. Defense last year was actually amongst the best in the league.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Anything between 4-8 for Chelsea would not surprise me. New and raw squad, but a very good coach and no Europe. Defense last year was actually amongst the best in the league.
Being able to simply run around the pitch will bump us up a few spots in the table. I'm glad one of the things about our pre-season is that Poch has gotten the boys in much better shape, but holy shit that is an indictment on Tuchel/Potter.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Or perhaps because he's a much better captain than microwave head Barry?

That doesn’t say much. I don’t think there are much leadership in this United squad, but for sure i can see a couple of guys who would be a better fit than Fernandes. I would probably give the armband to someone like Shaw. Even Casemiro and Varane would make more sense despite only being there for a short time. Or Eriksen.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I assume you're basing this opinion on all the time you've spent in the locker room?
No, on all the times I've seen both on the pitch.

That doesn’t say much. I don’t think there are much leadership in this United squad, but for sure i can see a couple of guys who would be a better fit than Fernandes. I would probably give the armband to someone like Shaw. Even Casemiro and Varane would make more sense despite only being there for a short time. Or Eriksen.
Ever heard of Varane and Casemiro?

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Casemiro looks like he's been on a steady diet of Rodizio on his holidays

1690054581248.png

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
As he should be because they both rock
Well I agree it just seems that he's happy to go into the season with them both playing first team roles. With how young our midfield is I just assumed he'd be pushing for more transfers.

Wee Baby Seamus

Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Well I agree it just seems that he's happy to go into the season with them both playing first team roles. With how young our midfield is I just assumed he'd be pushing for more transfers.
I’d rather we spend 15m on a decent vet to play babysitter than 100m on Caicedo. We have the talent, they just need guidance and support.

Ironically, Jorg would’ve been a perfect fit for such a task.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad