2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Dier/Emerson or the 18 year old Ashley Phillips.

If Phillips is healthy, it would not surprise me if he plays, given how Ange has set the squads up thus far.
Ferguson will find the spaces between Royal and Davies...I'd actually probably lean Dier in this situation, but then I am concerned about Skipp in the midfield compounding the issue...Maybe it's time for Phillips or Dorrington

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
When you're an Arsenal fan, you're so desperate for any title that you'll take the Fair Play crown. England won the fair play award at last year's World Cup - it came home!!!!

Chelsea are bottom of the fair play table, which makes me mad because it's due to how many profoundly stupid yellows we take. Nothing to do with dirty play, everything to do with boneheads kicking balls away. Scumminess need not enter the chat.

I remember a few years ago when Chelsea went a whole match without a foul, and it was (rightfully, IMO) seen as a bad thing because it showed how low the team's intensity was.
Well, at this point we're headed to the road that all of Chelsea and Man City trophies are tainted wins.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Ferguson will find the spaces between Royal and Davies...I'd actually probably lean Dier in this situation, but then I am concerned about Skipp in the midfield compounding the issue...Maybe it's time for Phillips or Dorrington
No guarantee Ferguson starts. He's been pretty invisible since that Newcastle hat-trick.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Savant Team of the (Half) Season

Don’t really care about formation. 1000 minute minimum (for me anyway)

GK - Alisson
D - Alexander-Arnold
D - Virgil (Half Season MVP)
D - Saliba
D - Groß (yeah fudging a bit but why not)
M - Rice
M - Rodri
F - Son
F - Saka
F - Salah
F - Haaland

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'd put Maddison in my TOTS so far despite the injury.
For me, simply came down to not enough minutes.

Honestly the midfielder I wanted to squeeze in but had a hard time with was Douglas Luiz

Yeah, Kudus has been very impressive. We were linked to him all summer, kinda sad we never got it done
It will never not be hilarious to me that David Moyes at West Ham got the ETH best Ajax players

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Decided to change it up and do my Underrated Team of the Season

Just a normal 4-3-3

Garnacho - Solanke - Mbeumo
Tavernier - McGinn - Gibbs-White
Mykolenko - Konsa - Andersen - Livramento
Sa

Kaminski, GK
Robinson, LB
Coufal, RB
Boly, CB
Lemina, CDM
Sarr, CM
Elanga, LW
March, RW
Hwang, CF​

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Didn't realise that the Spurs are going to get destroyed by the international cups. They're losing Son, Bissouma, and Sarr. That's with their injuries on top of that, yikes.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Kaminski would likely be my keeper in a TOTS, so I think he def should be in an Underrated TOTS
I actually had him there in originally, but changed it to Sa because I think he's gotten a tad better results with Wolves under O'Neil. However, Kaminski will be a beast once he goes to a more talented club. The only problem is he's already 31 years old, so not sure how much of a chance he will be given by a bigger EPL club. If I was Brighton or Chelsea, I would totally go after him.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Incoming bottle job from a team that played the stupidest transfer window I've ever seen and was refused twice; but still somehow ended up in 1st place on New Year's day.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Given how happily our local Arsenal fans emphasised Cole Palmer scoring some penalties (two more open play goals today :) ), I would be remiss if I didn't note the fact that Mykhailo Mudryk and Bukayo Saka have scored the same amount from open play in the league this year
Saka also has 7 assists to Mudryk's 2 in the league. And Saka has 7 G+A in 5 CL games.

We'll stick with our guy over both Chelsea players :)

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I didn't think I needed to say explicitly that Saka is better than Mudryk :laugh:
I didn't think you did and knew you were just poking fun at the previous comments.

But there is a contingent of Arsenal fans and other fans (not necessarily on here, but in general) that have said Saka is having a bad start to the year and started to call out his recent performances. I think that's crazy - he's not been perfect, but he's got 20 G+A in 25 games in all competitions.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I didn't think you did and knew you were just poking fun at the previous comments.

But there is a contingent of Arsenal fans and other fans (not necessarily on here, but in general) that have said Saka is having a bad start to the year and started to call out his recent performances. I think that's crazy - he's not been perfect, but he's got 20 G+A in 25 games in all competitions.
If I were an Arsenal fan, I would probably focus on the rest of the entirely dry offense and not on Saka, but maybe I'm just built different

Reactions: Blender and KJS14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad