2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
A United awards hat trick: Slabhe...Maguire player of the month(!), ETH manager of the month(!) and Garnacho goal of the month. :eek2:
Yes United are best form for the month, but ETH does not deserve manager of the month at all.

November for United in the PL had:
A 1-0 win against Fulham in which they were the second best team for decent chunks of it and needed a 91st minute winner.
A relatively comfortable 1-0 win over Luton.
A 3-0 win over Everton in which Garnacho scored the goal of the season but United were very clear the second best team on the pitch for the first half, then went up 2-0 on a bit of a random pen (ie, it wasn't earned out of a stretch of domination or anything). A couple bounces the other way and they're down at half.

For the month they played two teams in the relegation zone and another bottom half team and only were the better team in one of the games.

I also know it doesn't technically matter for the award, but starting your month of by being drubbed from the league cup isn't great.

Maguire I dunno if I have much thoughts on, but picking a defender from a team that's seemed mid at defense at best seems werid.

Garnacho's goal was a no brainer. Gonna be hard pressed for that not to win goal of the season.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
England captain had three clean sheets. No shock there.

The funny thing about Maguire and ETH getting these awards is that we all saw the league cup and champions league.
But these were Premier League awards. Other competitions don't count in that.

Yes United are best form for the month, but ETH does not deserve manager of the month at all.

November for United in the PL had:
A 1-0 win against Fulham in which they were the second best team for decent chunks of it and needed a 91st minute winner.
A relatively comfortable 1-0 win over Luton.
A 3-0 win over Everton in which Garnacho scored the goal of the season but United were very clear the second best team on the pitch for the first half, then went up 2-0 on a bit of a random pen (ie, it wasn't earned out of a stretch of domination or anything). A couple bounces the other way and they're down at half.

For the month they played two teams in the relegation zone and another bottom half team and only were the better team in one of the games.

I also know it doesn't technically matter for the award, but starting your month of by being drubbed from the league cup isn't great.

Maguire I dunno if I have much thoughts on, but picking a defender from a team that's seemed mid at defense at best seems werid.

Garnacho's goal was a no brainer. Gonna be hard pressed for that not to win goal of the season.
Name another "crisis club" that has achieved three awards in one month. :laugh: Chelsea, top this! :laugh:

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Winning manager of the month in a month in which you got drubbed from the league cup and blew multiple goal leads in the CL on multiple occasions, against Danish and Turkish clubs, to leave yourself bottom of the group going into the last matchweek is hilarious even if those competitions have no bearing on the award.

It's even funnier when their PL performances weren't even that good.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
The manager of the month should be Emery or Eddie Howe, not Ten Hag.
Villa lost to Forest and Newcastle lost to Bournemouth in November so they didn't win.

It's basically the same criteria that let Ange win 3 straight. Manager of the team in the best form wins it regardless of anything else going on. If you have teams within 1 or 2 points over 4-5 games, then maybe there's a tie break, but beyond that it's a pretty dumb award.

Reactions: gary69

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm not going to be able to explain humor to a Finn.
Are you German? Because nobody gets their sense of humor and Finns are huge fans of Brit humor.

Winning manager of the month in a month in which you got drubbed from the league cup and blew multiple goal leads in the CL on multiple occasions, against Danish and Turkish clubs, to leave yourself bottom of the group going into the last matchweek is hilarious even if those competitions have no bearing on the award.

It's even funnier when their PL performances weren't even that good.
I think they only look at wins for the manager award.

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
Are you German? Because nobody gets their sense of humor and Finns are huge fans of Brit humor.

I think they only look at wins for the manager award.

And that’s why neither of the managers for the top 4 teams have won it. They haven’t collected a perfect month so far. Neither Arsenal or Villa have had bad stretches with consecutive dropped points though. That’s preferable.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Hilarious considering their spending.
Since Boehly took over, Chelsea are averaging 1.17 points per premier league game.

By comparison :

Frank Lampard 1.3 ppg
Sam Allardyce 1.26 ppg
Alan Pardew 1.24 ppg
Roy Hodgson 1.23 ppg
Tony Pulis 1.2 ppg

So yeah, that’s the company they are in. They will throw more money at it because eventually they will fall upwards and we will hear about how great and how smart they are. But until then, this is where they are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad