2023-2024 EPL Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland

FA Cup>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Energy drink cup.
Sure. Of course it is.

CL > Energy Cup / FA Cup.

Not needing to overhaul a squad > squad a complete mess.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
So it’s better to not apologize for being lazy, late, and not giving your best?

Wouldn't the idea here be that he doesn't feel he's lazy/doesn't train hard and doesn't want that image to be projected by apologizing?

I'm sure he wasn't perfect but when he bounces back right away after being loaned and becomes a key contributor to a CL finalist, hard not to think that ManU could have gone about this differently.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Wouldn't the idea here be that he doesn't feel he's lazy/doesn't train hard and doesn't want that image to be projected by apologizing?

I'm sure he wasn't perfect but when he bounces back right away after being loaned and becomes a key contributor to a CL finalist, hard not to think that ManU could have gone about this differently.
He might be motivated now that he knows his career is on the line basically. He went for the big payday at United and coasted. Sancho seems like a terrible personality- I have a hard time seeing Ten Hag going at him for no reason.

Reactions: Jussi

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Could be or he went to a lower level league and can excel there? Maybe that’s his level?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
He might be motivated now that he knows his career is on the line basically. He went for the big payday at United and coasted. Sancho seems like a terrible personality- I have a hard time seeing Ten Hag going at him for no reason.
I doubt Ten Hag and Sancho could work together again. Unless Ten Hag is replaced I would assume Sancho is loaned again or sold.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Who knows, I guess. All of the above is possible. I don't doubt that a lot of these younger guys in England probably get high on themselves really young. Seemed pretty telling when it was reported that Greenwood had been a dickhead to everyone around him at OT the instant he could hit a ball. But it seems to me like something should that should be nipped in the bud/or find a way to work around it.

I'm sure we'll never know the whole story here but I'm just not sure I'd take away all blame from a team as dysfunctional as United here.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
If a talented player can't even score in england, then there must some serious issues with the environment. Impossible to pinpoint from the outside wherein the fault for that lies...as good environments can be terrible to some good players for no reason at all...but it's pretty clear that Sancho & ManU are just a s*** fit for each other.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Percentage of minutes played by best starting XI this past season:

City 70 %
Arsenal 76 %
Liverpool 64 %
Tottenham 71 %
Chelsea 64 %

United's number was 59%.
How do you know that it was this Reece bloke of all the physios who had Arsenal at 76%? Maybe it was the head physio? Maybe it was all the physios? Maybe it was a combination of physios and the player attributes? Maybe it was a combination of everyone and being fortunate not to get a major injury? What you're doing is pushing confounding variables.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
How do you know that it was this Reece bloke of all the physios who had Arsenal at 76%? Maybe it was the head physio? Maybe it was all the physios? Maybe it was a combination of physios and the player attributes? Maybe it was a combination of everyone and being fortunate not to get a major injury? What you're doing is pushing confounding variables.
I. Posted. A. Tweet. For f***'s sake, no need to go all Ty on me.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
This also wasn't the first time he's thrown a giant fit when things didn't go his way.

At literally every stop in his career, including the national team, he's either skipped training, been late for training, or been criticized for his effort in training.

Sure ETH might have handled it poorly, but it's not like Sancho is some veteran with a long history of working hard and giving it all to the team.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
This also wasn't the first time he's thrown a giant fit when things didn't go his way.

At literally every stop in his career, including the national team, he's either skipped training, been late for training, or been criticized for his effort in training.

Sure ETH might have handled it poorly, but it's not like Sancho is some veteran with a long history of working hard and giving it all to the team.
But then you could also say that United bought Sancho knowing he had this history, because they thought the talent outweighed those issues. And then ETH put him in the doghouse for it anyways while playing Antony, who hasn't been any better on the pitch, but he's an ETH guy. And then Sancho gets loaned out and looks great again.

Sancho deserves some blame, but it's not a sparkling reflection on United/ETH either.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
But then you could also say that United bought Sancho knowing he had this history, because they thought the talent outweighed those issues. And then ETH put him in the doghouse for it anyways while playing Antony, who hasn't been any better on the pitch, but he's an ETH guy. And then Sancho gets loaned out and looks great again.

Sancho deserves some blame, but it's not a sparkling reflection on United/ETH either.
Sancho wasn't in the dog house until he took ETH saying that he made a team selection decision based on quality shown in training as some sort of personal attack and publicly went after the manager and then refused to apologize. Sancho got plenty of chances before that including the team giving him a ton of individual training time and even letting him get away for a few months to try to focus and regain confidence.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis

The counterpoint is that it isn't like ETH is some coach with a long history of getting along with his players.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Not going to lie, I like your lots influencers a lot better than ours. Flex and KG are dope compared to the ones we have, we have Troopz and that's pretty much it. Nobody beats Expressions though, he is Mufasa of all these blokes.
What ever happened to Sophie? She hasn't been seen in except in one AFTV video after Chelsea played Arsenal.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What ever happened to Sophie? She hasn't been seen in except in one AFTV video after Chelsea played Arsenal.
No idea, I only watch Best of Enemies 99% of the time, but I saw her around in one of the podcasts a couple of months back (E: It was actually the AFTV video when we destroyed Chelski when I last saw her). I think she's got an OnlyFans, which is an automatic disqualification of anything relevant out of her mouth. I much prefer the Spurs fan, she's way better at everything while Sophia would just show attitude 99% of the time, but I can't remember her name.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
No idea, I only watch Best of Enemies 99% of the time, but I saw her around in one of the podcasts a couple of months back (E: It was actually the AFTV video when we destroyed Chelski when I last saw her). I think she's got an OnlyFans, which is an automatic disqualification of anything relevant out of her mouth. I much prefer the Spurs fan, she's way better at everything while Sophia would just show attitude 99% of the time, but I can't remember her name.
She's had that for a few years I guess and it's been brought up on DR Sports by multiple people in ribs. I thought she took an offense to that until I saw Robbie interviewing her on AFTV after that Chelsea win and they were quite friendly. I think she might have been representing Chelsea fans on a season preview episode of The Overlap too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad