2023-2024 EPL Season

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
If West Ham cannot sell Paqueta, they might have to sell Bowen and/or Kudus for PSR ?

(Thinking out loud)

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
If West Ham cannot sell Paqueta, they might have to sell Bowen and/or Kudus for PSR ?

(Thinking out loud)
They’re in good shape for PSR purposes. Don't expect you to watch this video, but this is a relatively short run through of their finances.

Long story short, they’re solid. They have said they have no intention of selling Kudus (saw confirmation today the release clause only triggers next season @KJS14 ) and Bowen just signed a 7 year deal. You’re talking nine figures to get him to move and doubt he wants to leave anyway.

But yes, losing out on the Paqueta £85M screws them a bit this summer.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
They’re in good shape for PSR purposes. Don't expect you to watch this video, but this is a relatively short run through of their finances.

Long story short, they’re solid. They have said they have no intention of selling Kudus (saw confirmation today the release clause only triggers next season @KJS14 ) and Bowen just signed a 7 year deal. You’re talking nine figures to get him to move and doubt he wants to leave anyway.

But yes, losing out on the Paqueta £85M screws them a bit this summer.

Will watch another time for sure. Yeah I wasn’t trying to say yall were in bad shape. Just a bit curious on the financial end just because Kudus and Bowen are the only too that would be able to generate close to what Paqueta would.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Will watch another time for sure. Yeah I wasn’t trying to say yall were in bad shape. Just a bit curious on the financial end just because Kudus and Bowen are the only too that would be able to generate close to what Paqueta would.
No doubt. It’s a huge window for West Ham. The squad needs a lot of work and that Paqueta money would have gone a long way.

I’m not exactly doing backflips about the guys they’ve been linked to so far Max Kilman, some 28 year old Brazilian CB Fabricio Bruno (paging @John Pedro), and now there’s predictably Lookman chatter. They started off saying they needed to get younger and now it sounds like they’re just targeting more of the same, which makes no sense to me.

Reactions: Savant

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
No, bans like this are made worldwide by FIFA. The Saudis want the World Cup and they'd never defy FIFA anyway. He is likely not ever going to play again.
Just add another 50 million to the World Cup bid and no one will care if they let Paqueta play in Saudi Arabia or not.

On another note, are teams really not educating their players on how serious them betting on games is, or are some players just stupid beyond repair?

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
No doubt. It’s a huge window for West Ham. The squad needs a lot of work and that Paqueta money would have gone a long way.

I’m not exactly doing backflips about the guys they’ve been linked to so far Max Kilman, some 28 year old Brazilian CB Fabricio Bruno (paging @John Pedro), and now there’s predictably Lookman chatter. They started off saying they needed to get younger and now it sounds like they’re just targeting more of the same, which makes no sense to me.
Fabricio Bruno is a nice meat and potato CB. Not really a ball playing guy but he's got pace to hang on with almost any striker and is very good defender overall. Flamengo probably won't sell him unless someone overpay which I doubt any will bc he's old for Europe

He can do some simple side passes, especially when on a possession dominant side, usually has very high passing % but don't expect him to break lines with forward balls

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
On another note, are teams really not educating their players on how serious them betting on games is, or are some players just stupid beyond repair?
Players don't think they will be caught. Many more across sports are gambling on their own games. What happened to Paqueta and Jontay Porter in the NBA is only the beginning.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So with a scorer every 132 minutes, Kai had the most productive season of his career domestically. Topping the scorer point every 137 & 138 minutes that he produced his last two seasons in Leverkusen. Though he played 440 minutes less than in 18/19, so the 20 scorers he got this season fell short of the 21 he totaled 5 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
So with a scorer every 132 minutes, Kai had the most productive season of his career domestically. Topping the scorer point every 137 & 138 minutes that he produced his last two seasons in Leverkusen. Though he played 440 minutes less than in 18/19, so the 20 scorers he got this season fell short of the 21 he totaled 5 years ago.
And it took him some months to really get going and then take over the 9 role. Hopefully his form over the last 4 months carries into next season.

Reactions: luiginb

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And it took him some months to really get going and then take over the 9 role. Hopefully his form over the last 4 months carries into next season.
Would be nice, since the end of January he’s been scoring at a similar rate to what he does for the NT.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

yep. Keep ETH forever
FA Cup>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Energy drink cup.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Percentage of minutes played by best starting XI this past season:

City 70 %
Arsenal 76 %
Liverpool 64 %
Tottenham 71 %
Chelsea 64 %

United's number was 59%.
How do you come up witj this number when Nkunku and RJ played like two full games together

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
How do you come up witj this number when Nkunku and RJ played like two full games together
I didn't come up with them. There's a poster at RedCafe who does these every season apparently.

Chelsea's: End of Season - % PL Minutes Played Analysis - United Worst Hit? Top 10 DONE (Rest of league - Please request individual teams) He wasn't quite sure what Chelsea's best XI was and asked around.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I didn't come up with them. There's a poster at RedCafe who does these every season apparently.

Reece James played 5 60’s this season and Nkunku played 0 minutes in those 5 games idk

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Benni Mccarthy was on a South African radio show yesterday and had this to to say about Sancho:

"‘I spoke to Jadon as a coach, as a mentor, as a friend, and as someone who grew up on the streets and knows the code.

‘But Jadon just wasn’t seeing it. He said, “I ain’t apologising because if I do, I’m apologising for being lazy, always being late, not giving my best – that’s what I’m apologising for”. Those were his reasons".

‘I spoke to the manager and I said to him that you know the delicacy, and I think Jadon feels that if he apologises then he's going to be classed as someone who doesn't train hard, doesn't work hard, that everything that was said against him was true.’

What an entitled brat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad