2023-2024 Calder predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJHKY

Aug 10, 2021
With the new season coming, annual Calder trophy will be awarded after the season.

The last time #1 draft pick winning the trophy was AM34.

I hope this will be another #1 pick 98 Connor Bedard to win Calder.

Cheers!

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
F7DW0e7X0AAzp1z

Random Comment

Mar 5, 2018
If Bedard stays healthy there is no chance anyone else touches him. The question should be : if Bedard gets injured, who will win Calder?

Reactions: TJHKY

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
If Bedard stays healthy there is no chance anyone else touches him. The question should be : if Bedard gets injured, who will win Calder?
Depends on who gets the most opportunity. A guy like Knies won’t be on PP1 while a guy like Fantilli might be. So who’s the player that gets the best opportunity on their respective teams?

Reactions: TJHKY

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006
Depends on who gets the most opportunity. A guy like Knies won’t be on PP1 while a guy like Fantilli might be. So who’s the player that gets the best opportunity on their respective teams?
Another reason it will be hard to beat Bedard (outside injury), not only the pure talent. But he will be the #1 guy for Chicago, he will get tons of PP time and will absolutely have a high amount of O zone starts.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Obviously have some rose tinted glasses on but Fantilli has an absolutely excellent opportunity to be in contention for Calder. He basically has a top C spot within his grasp with basically no competition for it. Which means top line time with at least one of Gaudreau and/or Laine attached to his hip on top of PP1 time.

Another reason it will be hard to beat Bedard (outside injury), not only the pure talent. But he will be the #1 guy for Chicago, he will get tons of PP time and will absolutely have a high amount of O zone starts.
What hurts Bedard but favors Fantilli is the talent currently around them. Bedard will be dragging boat anchors around while Fantilli will be trying to keep up with veteran established stars/superstars (whatever you want to label them as) while both possibly being the default 1C damn near from the start of the season.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Bedard
Cooley
If im not voting bedard(too easy pick)

Ill say finalists

Cooley
Fantilli
Knies

I think Knies is in the best situation and playing wing.... so for him to beat Cooley/Fantilli/bedard i think hed have to win the point race by a bit (maybe 5 points +)

Dmen could be interesting but i think its going to be tough for any Dmen to jump ahead of the first group.

Reactions: Half Clapper

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006
Obviously have some rose tinted glasses on but Fantilli has an absolutely excellent opportunity to be in contention for Calder. He basically has a top C spot within his grasp with basically no competition for it. Which means top line time with at least one of Gaudreau and/or Laine attached to his hip on top of PP1 time.

What hurts Bedard but favors Fantilli is the talent currently around them. Bedard will be dragging boat anchors around while Fantilli will be trying to keep up with veteran established stars/superstars (whatever you want to label them as) while both possibly being the default 1C damn near from the start of the season.
True about the linemates. I didn't know if Cbus was just going to roll with AF even through rookie mistakes, if they are trying to make the playoffs. Since I believe Cbus views themselves as a playoff team (injuries killed last season).

In Chicago there is pretty much zero expecting of winning. Sometimes it is easier for a talented you kid to come into a situation were the expectations are low. Plus there is always the garbage time points for teams like the Hawks. Our D/goal situation will find us behind a lot in third periods and the other team will be just going through the motions (ie not rolling there top guys out a ton). Also a lot of coaches will have the Hawks circled on the calendar as a good night for the starting goalie to get a night off.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I mean, it's Bedard. Even if he doesn't have a great all-around season (and he very well might!) he's going to absolutely farm points on the PP. Even if/when the Hawks are terrible they'll get their share of PPs via game management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad