2023-2024 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Same here. My dad introduced me to the game I fell in love with and would go on to coach my youth hockey team for several years. Before I moved out we used to watch Blues games and work our way through a giant bucket of Dubble Bubble over the course of a hockey season.

I was beginning to question whether he'd get to see the Blues win the Cup in his lifetime. I had almost accepted that it just wasn't meant to be. The Blues can't win the Cup. Then the storybook season happened.

I set up my iPhone in the corner of his living room to capture the reaction of that last few minutes of action before we won the Cup. We hugged, he cried. It was awesome and I'm glad I have that moment captured for the rest of our lives.
in 5 years we'll all post our vids in a 10 year anniversary thread

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Has to be a Steen promotion

There's a rumor out there that we're buying puckpedia. Although, that might just be fan speculation since they shared the Blues announcement(admittedly, they're denying it).

I also wouldn't be surprised if it's an extension of some kind with Springfield. The current agreement expires after next season.
Extension with Springfield, introduction of the new coaching staff and announcing Steen as Springfield's GM would be fairly major.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
But him being promoted to just AGM is really milking it for "major announcement" so either its not major or hes GM.
How would that not be major? Going from “European Player Development Consultant” to Assistant GM would be a huge jump, and basically would signal that he is being groomed as our future GM once Armstrong retires. That’s pretty significant.

Reactions: Brian39

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
How would that not be major? Going from “European Player Development Consultant” to Assistant GM would be a huge jump, and basically would signal that he is being groomed as our future GM once Armstrong retires. That’s pretty significant.
Because its just a totem pole at the end of the day. We don't really care about any positions outside of GM and president, except maybe director of scouting. All the other roles are voices in a room with titles

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Because it’s just a totem pole at the end of the day. We don't really care about any positions outside of GM and president, except maybe director of scouting. All the other roles are voices in a room with titles
Well speak for yourself but you are wrong. Just been confirmed that Steen will be GM in 2 years.

That’s huge news.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada

Outlines some other front office movement including promoting Tim Taylor become assistant GM alongside Ryan Miller.

But, as stated elsewhere - biggest part is Steen to become GM following the 2025-26 season, with DA extending as president of hockey operations until the end of 2029 season.

Reactions: Blueston

AyeBah

Apr 5, 2019
Well speak for yourself but you are wrong. Just been confirmed that Steen will be GM in 2 years.

That’s huge news.
Yeah that wasn't what you said. You just said Steen would be assistant gm which was what Tim Taylor got and nobody cares about that.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yeah that wasn't what you said. You just said Steen would be assistant gm which was what Tim Taylor got and nobody cares about that.
lol I love how you left out the part where I said it would mean Steen is being groomed as our future GM. Which is exactly what happened.

Sgt Schultz

Jun 30, 2019
Santa Fe, NM
The moment when I felt: "Holy shit, they're actually going to do it."

You and me both, brother. I was on a business trip in south Jersey for that game. A bunch of us went out to dinner. I was lucky to get a seat where I could see the TV in the bar. I watched the first and second periods from that seat.

We left the restaurant shortly after the second period ended. I turned on the game in my hotel room, almost dreading what the scoreboard was going to say. It was still 2-0 and were only about 12 minutes left. I was surprised so much time had ticked by, but they had that stretch where they played like 5 minutes without a stoppage. Almost as soon as I settled in Binner made that incredible save on Nordstrom.

Then that goal a few minutes later. It was when my mindset changed from "how are we going to eff this up" to "holy crap, they are actually going to bring this thing home."

Right about the time that sank in, the Zach Sanford goal happened. People started leaving TD Garden. I sat in a room at the Residence Inn in Egg Harbor, New Jersey absolutely stunned. Watching the final four or five minutes tick off was surreal, and a feeling I'll never forget.

I've said this before here, but the thing that still puts a lump in my throat is with about 12 seconds and counting Doc Emrick belted out "and the Blues at the bench are realizing that are going to be champions."

I just sat there. I didn't want to head to the bar down the street and celebrate, I didn't want to see anybody (might have been different if there had been fellow Blues fans around), I just wanted to soak in what I was seeing.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
You and me both, brother. I was on a business trip in south Jersey for that game. A bunch of us went out to dinner. I was lucky to get a seat where I could see the TV in the bar. I watched the first and second periods from that seat.

We left the restaurant shortly after the second period ended. I turned on the game in my hotel room, almost dreading what the scoreboard was going to say. It was still 2-0 and were only about 12 minutes left. I was surprised so much time had ticked by, but they had that stretch where they played like 5 minutes without a stoppage. Almost as soon as I settled in Binner made that incredible save on Nordstrom.

Then that goal a few minutes later. It was when my mindset changed from "how are we going to eff this up" to "holy crap, they are actually going to bring this thing home."

Right about the time that sank in, the Zach Sanford goal happened. People started leaving TD Garden. I sat in a room at the Residence Inn in Egg Harbor, New Jersey absolutely stunned. Watching the final four or five minutes tick off was surreal, and a feeling I'll never forget.

I've said this before here, but the thing that still puts a lump in my throat is with about 12 seconds and counting Doc Emrick belted out "and the Blues at the bench are realizing that are going to be champions."

I just sat there. I didn't want to head to the bar down the street and celebrate, I didn't want to see anybody (might have been different if there had been fellow Blues fans around), I just wanted to soak in what I was seeing.
When Perron joined the celebration along the wall after the Sanford goal you could distinctly see him yelling, "We're going to win!" People forget that Perron had lost in the SCF the year before with Vegas. That was the moment I knew there was no way they were going to implode or fall prey to some kind of evil miracle.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
The experience of that game was like going up on a high wire across the grand canyon and the game starts and you are walking on it, focused, but you might fall. But since you are aware this is happening right now you are in complete zone of going through it.

I know it's not the appropriate moment but I personally felt the Blues were going to win the Cup when I said to my partner, "You know what would be great is if the Blues scored here with 20 seconds left and made it 2-0" and then Petro did that as if were manifested. And at that moment I was no longer prepared to fall, but also confident we were getting across that rope. I have seen too much hockey and been on the other end of that first period too many times. It was simply: "tonight it all goes our way."

The save-3d goal sequence in the third period was the clinching sequence crushing out final Boston hopes but when Petro scored I was internally calm and never budged from that. I just took it in.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad