2023-2024 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Early in his career, I expected Parayko to score plenty by slapshots from the point. He was injuring goalies
and defenseman with his powerful shots.

What happened. Did he quit shooting volutarily, or did the coaching staff tell him to quit?

What

Combination of he couldn't hit the net and also the league moving away from point slap shots in general. Slap shots take too long to get off and don't typically result in scoring chances, so you're better off floating a mid/wrister and going for a top with traffic in front or opting to attack downhill and make a better scoring chance. Parayko doesn't really have the offensive instincts to really be effective on the latter way, leading to his struggles in the Ozone.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Combination of he couldn't hit the net and also the league moving away from point slap shots in general. Slap shots take too long to get off and don't typically result in scoring chances, so you're better off floating a mid/wrister and going for a top with traffic in front or opting to attack downhill and make a better scoring chance. Parayko doesn't really have the offensive instincts to really be effective on the latter way, leading to his struggles in the Ozone.

If only we could learn how to take one timers.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Yo, is that Blueslifer guy on the trade boards colt55? I need to know if I should just stop bothering.
100% its him. Starting to type in broken english now on his Armstrong tirade. Direct quote below:

"no it was just pure dumb luck...and without JB50 arm would be out of a job..too bad we couldnt have traded him for dubas last summer"

• Haha
Reactions: The Electrician

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
100% its him. Starting to type in broken english now on his Armstrong tirade. Direct quote below:

"no it was just pure dumb luck...and without JB50 arm would be out of a job..too bad we couldnt have traded him for dubas last summer"

That's a pretty disgusting statement but I'll admit, at first I thought he meant trading Binny for Dumba, not Armstrong for Dubas.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Wednesday June 12ths are the greatest days that have ever been invented and today is the first one since the last one, which was a good one.
Blues win 2019 Stanley Cup.png

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I knew we were winning the Cup when Boston hammered us in G6. I went in to work the day of G7 and my boss asked me if I was ready for G7 and I said, "Yeah I've waited a long time to see them win the Cup". He said, "Well you HOPE they'll win the Cup..." and I said, "No, they're winning the Cup. Take a look at their trends throughout this PO, they're 9-3 in road games and they come back from big losses with a big win. Also Binnington takes those multigoal drubbings personally and will come back with a huge performance. We're winning the Cup."

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
5 years already…damn that’s absolutely insane. I know we all go back and forth like a dysfunctional family, but at the end of the day, we all were finally able to witness greatness, and I’ll be forever thankful to have watched along with you all.
That was one of the best nights of my life.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Same. I got to watch it with my dad, who is the one got me into sports (like most of you I’m sure) and I’ll forever cherish that memory.
Same here. My dad introduced me to the game I fell in love with and would go on to coach my youth hockey team for several years. Before I moved out we used to watch Blues games and work our way through a giant bucket of Dubble Bubble over the course of a hockey season.

I was beginning to question whether he'd get to see the Blues win the Cup in his lifetime. I had almost accepted that it just wasn't meant to be. The Blues can't win the Cup. Then the storybook season happened.

I set up my iPhone in the corner of his living room to capture the reaction of that last few minutes of action before we won the Cup. We hugged, he cried. It was awesome and I'm glad I have that moment captured for the rest of our lives.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
MAJOR Hockey Operations Announcement tomorrow per Blues Facebook. How dramatic. Scottie Bowman named Equipment Manager?

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
I think longtime AGM Ryan Miller has been the Blues internal capologist, I wonder if the capfriendly purchase gave him enough leverage to be promoted to GM similar to Colorado promoting MacFarland to keep from losing him.

Absolute stab in the dark.

Reactions: Drubilly
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad