Prospect Info: 2023 1st Rd Selection - #28 OA (via BOS, WSH) - C, Easton Cowan [London Knights, OHL; [Height 5.11 -- Weight 185]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
He has top 6 upside but he hasn’t looked good so far this preseason. Doesn’t seem like a skill issue though I think it’s nerves.

Very disappointing showing so far in the preseason games to date. He’s looked overwhelmed and pretty much invisible.

Nerves are probably getting the better of him but would love to see him to turn it around in the remaining games. Either way, he will be really good player for us one day. Just not looking like he’s quite there yet.
Yeah, underwhelmed and invisible so far to be fair, but that should be expected when you have a 19yo kid playing against men for the first time. Biggest thing that jumped out to me was his lack of speed advantage at the NHL level. In juniors, he was faster than most kids on the ice... not so much at the NHL level where just about everyone is now above average skaters too. Just needs to mature, continue to work on his strength and skating. The skill is there. The IQ is there. You see the flashes. The total package just isn't quite ready to compete against men on a nightly basis yet. just need a little time until he can put it all together against men and be able to do it consistently.

I do agree that the CHL/AHL rules sucks for some of these kids. I think he needs to keep playing against men at this point, not kids. Not sure where he can do that though... it appears it wont' be in the AHL for another season.

Going back to London wouldn't be the end of the world. It's a top notch organization that churns out future NHL'ers. The Hunters know how to develop players that play the right way. He'll be just fine if he does have to go back there. I just don't think he has much left to gain by continuing to play kids at this point.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Put him back in junior. Please dont do this dragged out, play a game in the nhl here and there with only 10 mins a night. Then in a month and a half send him to the AHL for a conditioning stint, then have him shit for a few more weeks before going to the WJC, and then to just ultimately send him back to junior. PLEASE dont do this. I cant stand when teams do this shit. If you know he is not going to be here in the new year, then just rip the band-aid off and send him back to junior.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Put him back in junior. Please dont do this dragged out, play a game in the nhl here and there with only 10 mins a night. Then in a month and a half send him to the AHL for a conditioning stint, then have him shit for a few more weeks before going to the WJC, and then to just ultimately send him back to junior. PLEASE dont do this. I cant stand when teams do this shit. If you know he is not going to be here in the new year, then just rip the band-aid off and send him back to junior.
Why not get him a few extra bucks and time playing/practicing against Men?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad