Prospect Info: 2023 1st Rd Selection - #28 OA (via BOS, WSH) - C, Easton Cowan [London Knights, OHL; [Height 5.11 -- Weight 185]

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Remember this Leafs Kid line?

John Anderson -- Laurie Boschman -- Rocky Saganiuk

View attachment 875329
................................. Vintage Autograph Collection: Maple Leaf Kid Line .....................................

Rocky Saganiuk

1978 to 1983

230 Games 56 Goals 62 Assists 118 Points 164 PM

Laurie Boschman

1979- to 1982

187 Games 39 Goals 70 Assists 109 Points 406 PM

John Anderson

1977 to 1985

534 Games 189 Goals 204 Assists 393 Points 168 PM
John Anderson played hockey? I just thought he made juicy burgers

Reactions: keonsbitterness

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
No Points!!!

I didn't watch, so no idea how anyone played.

Who scouted?
I watched a replay of the game. Not Cowan's finest hour. He committed a lot of turnovers trying to make fancy plays. He may have been pressing. Hopefully he plays a more solid game the next outing.

Reactions: horner

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
No Points!!!

I didn't watch, so no idea how anyone played.

Who scouted?
I went to the game. He was underwhelming. Lots of giveaways and was too hesitant to shoot. There was a scrum after every whistle and he didn't want to partake. He got hit with a shot early in the second and limped off the ice and actually looked better when he came back. He is definitely poised and I see an NHL player there, he just didn't have it yesterday.

horner

May 22, 2007
I went to the game. He was underwhelming. Lots of giveaways and was too hesitant to shoot. There was a scrum after every whistle and he didn't want to partake. He got hit with a shot early in the second and limped off the ice and actually looked better when he came back. He is definitely poised and I see an NHL player there, he just didn't have it yesterday.
London knights didn't play great

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
He got a secondary assist so he’s on the board. Have to say that to this point he hasn’t had much of an impact in either game.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
He was ok tonight. Great on the PK and had a couple chances. A few nice passes. Nothing super noteworthy.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I thought a few nice passes was enough. 1 primary. 1 secondary. He was fine - not great.

Honestly, I think he’s injured.
I agree, he's been okay but nothing special. He certainly isn't ready for prime time next season based on his performance in the Memorial Cup. Unless like you suggest he is battling with injuries then we're not seeing his "A" game and his performance isn't actually telling us anything.

Reactions: Budz and ACC1224

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He did miss time at the end of the season with an upper body injury.

He played the final game of the OHL finals and the first game of the memorial cup as the 1C...he was back to wing in game 2 against Moose Jaw and he got some points on the board.

I still think long term he's more likely than not to be a winger at the pro level.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I agree, he's been okay but nothing special. He certainly isn't ready for prime time next season based on his performance in the Memorial Cup. Unless like you suggest he is battling with injuries then we're not seeing his "A" game and his performance isn't actually telling us anything.
Also of note, he’s on the second line. No longer with Barkey.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Easton Cowan has added yet another accolade to his already tremendous 2023-2024 season for the London Knights.​

The Knights star had an out of this world 2023-2024 season, as he captured the OHL regular season MVP, Playoff MVP and led his Knights to the OHL championship. Cowan just added another accolade to his spectacular season. Cowan was named to the OHL First All-Star Team, voted on by the OHL managers.

TGB

Jun 7, 2021
And he will likely replace Robertson next season.

What? Do you really think Treliving, who loves big, slow, dumb, and feisty, will give Robertson money when he can save that for Bertuzzi and just throw Cowan into the same spot?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad