Red Sox/MLB 2022 REGULAR SEASON III - THE RED SOX 4-10 IN JULY (47-43)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
So Malkin just got extended in Pittsburgh and Mo Salah got extended with Liverpool. That means Henry is going to extend two franchise cornerstones of the Red Sox in Xander Bogaerts and Rafael Devers, right? RIGHT???!?

I'm a Liverpool supporter, but if this is another case of robbing Peter to pay Paul I will be f***ing pissed off.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
there have been zero instances of that so I don’t know where you get “another” from

If they don’t extend Devers I will be very unhappy. Still got plenty of time to do that.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
there have been zero instances of that so I don’t know where you get “another” from

If they don’t extend Devers I will be very unhappy. Still got plenty of time to do that.

Just a coincidence that in 2020 the Red Sox traded a 25 yr old MVP in Betts instead of giving him a large deal at the same time Liverpool increased its payroll by $34m Euros including giving $41m Euros a year for one of the hottest young stars in Jota

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Just a coincidence that in 2020 the Red Sox traded a 25 yr old MVP in Betts instead of giving him a large deal at the same time Liverpool increased its payroll by $34m Euros including giving $41m Euros a year for one of the hottest young stars in Jota

34m euros is nothing in European soccer. You can’t even get much for that unless you get an aging player. Also Liverpool is known for not spending a ton to add additional players. Mookie was overpaid plain and simple and that contract isn’t going to age well.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
So Malkin just got extended in Pittsburgh and Mo Salah got extended with Liverpool. That means Henry is going to extend two franchise cornerstones of the Red Sox in Xander Bogaerts and Rafael Devers, right? RIGHT???!?

I'm a Liverpool supporter, but if this is another case of robbing Peter to pay Paul I will be f***ing pissed off.

Liverpool unloaded Mane so they are OK re-signing Salah.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
34m euros is nothing in European soccer. You can’t even get much for that unless you get an aging player. Also Liverpool is known for not spending a ton to add additional players. Mookie was overpaid plain and simple and that contract isn’t going to age well.
It already isn't.

Mookie is a great player, but the Dodgers are paying 31 million a year for a 3.0 WAR player since they acquired him.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Luis Perales. Teen. Last outing in the FCL- 3 perfect. 8 k’s. Up to 99. Trust the Process

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sox update:

@ Rays SERIES continues tonight;

Story/Strahm escape injury; X-Rays negative;

Winckowski starts;

Feliz officially DFA/Released after rejecting assignment to Worcester;

Whitlock/Eovaldi set to return @ NY;

Last edited:

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Every time I watch The TB Rays play, my love for baseball wanes a little.
Apparently baseball fans in their neighborhood feel the same, averaging >10,000 per game at that rundown circus tent. The franchise is perfect model of maintaining mediocrity ….but they do always find stunning pitching prospects (that they trade away as soon as eligible for big $$$).

Reactions: EvilDead

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Apparently baseball fans in their neighborhood feel the same, averaging >10,000 per game at that rundown circus tent. The franchise is perfect model of maintaining mediocrity ….but they do always find stunning pitching prospects (that they trade away as soon as eligible for big $$$).

redsox that would spend would beat them but I bet the rays are happy to have the sox try to beat them at their analytics style.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Great job building off the two wins against the Yankees. Absolute dog shit this series.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
No excuses for the Mickey Mouse bullshit this series. Bad baserunning. Bad awareness. Bad hitting. They look...awkward out there. I just don't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad