Red Sox/MLB 2022 REGULAR SEASON III - THE RED SOX 4-10 IN JULY (47-43)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
:banghead:

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — It’s convenient to dismiss the day-to-day foibles of the Red Sox by pointing out that if the season were over, they’d still be in the playoffs.

It’s time to put that rationalization in the trash. The way the Sox are playing now, they’d get embarrassed in a postseason setting.

Their slide continued on Wednesday night with a 4-1 loss against the Tampa Bay Rays. That’s seven losses in the last nine games.

Baseball teams invariably go through slumps. The issue with the Red Sox has been repeated incidents of poor fundamental play leading to losses.

But JWH is pleased

“I feel good, but we’re still in a building mode here. We’re concentrating on building our organization from top to bottom,” principal owner (and Globe owner) John Henry said in a recent interview at Fenway Park. “We took a good step forward last year. We’re taking a good step forward this year. But we’re still building.”

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah the worst thing they can do is meddle in an attempt to win an immediate WS

Last few games were sloppy. You’ll have those runs every year, sometimes if you play lesser teams you’ll sneak away with a win but it’s really hard to beat a team that doesn’t beat themselves when you’re playing like shit

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
smart business decision, imagine investing real assets into acquiring him only for him not to play against a major competitor in the playoffs. It defeats the purpose of investing in him altogether.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Chaim will do that without batting an eyelash, while selling us on Franchy "improving in ways that do not show on the back of the baseball card."
I did enjoy Bill James (Penn State defender) telling everyone that Benintendi is not actually having a good year and then proceeded to use RBI as part of his reasoning. These nerds have no use for RBI until they do. Anybody know what Trevor Story's secondary average is? Maybe it's actually .330.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I did enjoy Bill James (Penn State defender) telling everyone that Benintendi is not actually having a good year and then proceeded to use RBI as part of his reasoning. These nerds have no use for RBI until they do. Anybody know what Trevor Story's secondary average is? Maybe it's actually .330.
I will admit I had to look up secondary average, but it is a good point that sabremetrics becomes subjective if you dig. All I know is that Chaim and his 29 minions seem rather poor at evaluating major league talent and Chaim piles it pretty deep, which I guess is an occupational hazard.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Trust the process!
Yes, indeed! Trust the process! It’s a *process*. Something they haven’t had since Theo. They’re not just gonna go out and run the team like a random know-nothing miserable douche fan because of a bad series in July. Here to help.

You’re not allowed to root for them when they’re really good in the near future, we will remember.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad