2022 Personal draft boards!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I need Bob’s final ranking and The Black Book before I post mine. Two of my go-to resources that usually come out in June.
I guess Bob isn’t putting out his final list until a week before the draft, and HP is going to do there’s like a week before that.

I’ll try to come up with something before that, but I’m pretty lukewarm on this class.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
1. Shane Wright
2. Juraj Slafkovsky
3. Matt Savoie
4. Logan Cooley
5. Simon Nemec
6. Danila Yurov
7. Conor Geekie
8. David Jiricek

That's my top 8, and ideally I want us to get one of those 8 players. I really don't know what to do with the next group of players. I think the next 4 guys I would be most comfortable with us getting would be Mintyukov, Mateychuk, Korchinski, or Kasper. So maybe that tells me who to put next. But I have a hard time ranking them against Kemell, Lekkerimaki, Gauthier, Nazar, Kulich, and Mesar. It's all a pretty even group to me.

No clue what to do with Mirosnichenko and his situation. I don't feel I know enough about the risk involved and how it could affect his development to properly rank him. Without any health concerns I would probably put him somewhere 7-10.

TBH I have more questions than I do answers with this draft.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
1. Shane Wright
2. Juraj Slafkovsky
3. Matt Savoie
4. Logan Cooley
5. Simon Nemec
6. Danila Yurov
7. Conor Geekie
8. David Jiricek

That's my top 8, and ideally I want us to get one of those 8 players. I really don't know what to do with the next group of players. I think the next 4 guys I would be most comfortable with us getting would be Mintyukov, Mateychuk, Korchinski, or Kasper. So maybe that tells me who to put next. But I have a hard time ranking them against Kemell, Lekkerimaki, Gauthier, Nazar, Kulich, and Mesar. It's all a pretty even group to me.

No clue what to do with Mirosnichenko and his situation. I don't feel I know enough about the risk involved and how it could affect his development to properly rank him. Without any health concerns I would probably put him somewhere 7-10.

If we going to get Jiricek it's probably SY doesn't trust Hronek been top 4 at d and he will trade him for potential center

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
1. Shane Wright - Safe bet to be a top 6C with high end potential
2. Slafkovsky - Showing all the tools to be a star winger. Would probably be 1st OA if it was purely BPA

3. Cooley - Great speed and anticipation mean that he's always contributing to the play
4. Nemec - Love the poise with the puck, precise passing and agile skating ability to consistently get the puck up ice
5. Savoie - The skill is off the charts. I know there's this whole "is he a C or W" debate with Savoie, but honestly I don't care. He's a great pick either way and gives me "surprise best player in the draft" vibes.

6. Jiricek - The skating scares me a little, but otherwise the package looks too good to pass up. Our blueline would be downright scary adding his size.
7. Kasper - I was a little concerned that he didn't have enough creativity for high level upside, but he's convinced me that he has enough skill to produce even with his industrious game. You're confident that you're getting a gamer either way, and if Kasper can produce in the NHL, he'll be a great player.
8. Geekie - The size/skill combo here is really intriguing. I have a feeling Draper will like him quite a bit as his game is a little reminiscent of Dach for me. I worry about his speed, but frankly with his size, passing and shooting I think he can be effective even as a below average skater. Have Barb Underhill transform him into a speedster and Geekie starts to look like a special player.
Frankly I'd be pretty cool with most of the names around 8 too: Lekkerimaki, Gauthier, Nazar, Mesar, Kemell, Yurov are the first that come to mind. There's a solid chance that as I mull over old film before the draft I'll move one of them into the top 8. I feel like nearly all of these players either have a significant deficiency that worries me, or lack any particularly elite skill that I think will help them stand out at the next level.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
1. Shane Wright
2. Juraj Slafkovsky
3. Matt Savoie
4. Logan Cooley
5. Simon Nemec
6. Danila Yurov
7. Conor Geekie
8. David Jiricek

I consider this the same as turning in an incomplete paper.

F minus, @Frk It . I am disappoint.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
I have a list I can put out, but I am going to make edits/adjustments to it after The Black Book and Bob's final list comes out.

Initial list then your final list. I'm going to make a new list prior to the draft as well.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
1. Wright
2. Slafkovsky
3. Savoie
4. Nemec
5. Cooley
6. Jiricek
7. Yurov
8. Geekie

9. Nazar
10. Mateychuk
11. Gauthier
12. Mintyukov
13. Kemell
14. Korchinski
15. Kasper
16. Lekkerimaki
17. Lambert
18. Mesar
19. Kulich

20. Goyette
21. Perevalov
22. Firkus
23. Ohgren
24. Howard
25. Zhilkin
26. Rinzel
27. Pickering
28. Sapovaliv
29. Bichsel
30. Trikozov
31. Luneau
32. McGroarty
33. Ostlund
34. Chesley
35. Snuggerud
36. Gaucher
37. Nelson
38. Duda
39. Hamara
40. Hughes

You could flip anyone I have ranked 9-19 around and I wouldn't fight you too much.
(this list may look decently different in a month)

Killerjas

Mar 6, 2017
Netherlands
^^ Good ranking, personally I have Geekie a bit lower Trikozov in the top 15, Kasper outside of the top 20.

Sapovaliv mid 2nd round, Ostlund around 25.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
You could flip anyone I have ranked 9-19 around and I wouldn't fight you too much.
(this list may look decently different in a month)
I think this looks pretty good. If you flip the two defensemen in the top 9 and then move Geekie up to six you are about where I would land. I am not sold on Mateychuk as an NHL defensemen. Nazar v. Gauthier is a coin flip for me.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think this looks pretty good. If you flip the two defensemen in the top 9 and then move Geekie up to six you are about where I would land. I am not sold on Mateychuk as an NHL defensemen. Nazar v. Gauthier is a coin flip for me.
Mateychuk is just a personal favorite for me. I think he has a ton of room for growth and I like everything about how he plays. But I totally get where you are coming from.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Have you seen Nemec play in these world championships? Holy smokes that kid is good for an 18 year old.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Have you seen Nemec play in these world championships? Holy smokes that kid is good for an 18 year old.
I have not, but still see Jiricek as a bit more projectible as an NHL player. I love a lot of what Nemec does, just wish he was a bit more explosive at his size. He does have a very good head for the game though. I will give you that. Maybe there is more offense in there as well.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Decided to go with a top 34 as I feel like these players have separated themselves from the rest. Personally, I found this draft very hard to rank as there are many good players with excellent traits but multiple uncertainties that they need to work on. You're gonna tell me that's true for every draft, yes, sure, but usually I have a much better idea on the tiers I want to establish but this year I feel like I have a tier at 1-2, then 3-7 and then an enormous 8-34. Feel free to discuss, I like nothing more than having people give me different opinions and perspectives on prospects and make me re-evaluate what I saw!

1. Shane Wright
2. Noah Ostlund
3. Frank Nazar
4. Liam Ohgren
5. Matthew Savoie
6. Brad Lambert
7. Juraj Slafkovsky
8. Conor Geekie
9. Logan Cooley
10. Arseni Koromyslov
11. David Jiricek
12. Jiri Kulich
13. Joakim Kemell
14. Marco Kasper
15. Jonathan Lekkerimaki
16. Lian Bichsel
17. Simon Nemec
18. Viktor Neuchev
19. Kevin Korchinski
20. Danila Yurov
21. Dmitri Buchelnikov
22. Jagger Firkus
23. Filip Mesar
24. Ivan Miroshnichenko
25. Adam Sykora
26. Isaac Howard
27. Pavel Mintyukov
28. Julian Lutz
29. Nathan Gaucher
30. Gleb Trikozov
31. Ty Nelson
32. Jordan Dumais
33. Cutter Gauthier
34. Owen Pickering

HM: Seamus Casey, Rutger McGroarty, Mattias Havelid

Ostlund at 2
Refer to this thread if you want clips posted by @simonedvinsson and my small summary below.

Koromyslov as best D and Russian
As I watched Koromyslov's team, he's the one who caught my eye multiple times and as he started to really grow on me, I noticed that I had a post from 2020 in his thread on HF saying he was really good, which I had kind of forgot about. So that shows that this is not just a hunch but really a player's profile that has caught my eye more than once. So basically, I had seen him prior to his draft year and I remember the talk being that his defense was the thing that needed to improve. Well... let's just say that during his team's MHL playoffs run (they won), he was, to my eye, by far the most effective shutdown defenseman on the team. He was shutting down other highly skilled Russian prospects while the other defense pairs seemed to struggle to keep the high-danger chances count low. His offense, which was his strong suit before this season, has kind of stagnated but the potential and the flash is there and also is a result of how the MHL play on offense, they mostly play on the rush and pass it to their other linemates rather than back to the defense (more true for some teams than others).

As for his game, he's just an excellent defender with the skating and stick checking to keep up with the most dangerous opposing forwards. He's also calm with the puck and usually managed pressure really well and will invite forecheckers on him to open the neutral zone and then throw good breakout passes to the forwards. He's not afraid of jumping into the offense if he sees an opportunity but has often been looked off from his forwards as a lot of them seem to keep focusing on driving forward and attack relentlessly. Koromyslov is also excellent along the boards and in front of his net, he's quite lanky but strong for his league which allows him to push people around, get into scrums after the whistles, and even delivering big hits sometimes. I just really like his profile and he's one of the few defenseman in the MHL who plays an "NHL" mature style game. Not afraid on keeping it simple and throwing it off the glass if a turnover seem to be to only outcome as he gets pressured.

He played 6 games in the KHL as an 18 years old and 1 game last year as a 17 years old. I wish I would have watched a game of his in the KHL to get a better idea of where he's at and how he handles the pace, but sadly I haven't been able to.

Nemec kinda low
I like his profile and his fundamentals quite a lot but he makes too many mistakes everytime I watch for me to justify putting him higher. Also, the way he plays the game is a little hard to project, I feel like he has to change the way he plays to be good at the NHL level. I find his IQ to be quite lacking if he's not in the offensive zone or carrying the puck out of the defensive zone. His passing, deception and decision-making leave a lot to be desired, but he does have very good offensive awareness. This draft is really hard for me to rank so just because a player is lower than the "consensus" doesn't mean I dislike them or think they will fail, I'm just more cautious about their NHL upside.

Nazar above Cooley
Almost just as skilled but doesn't show it as often. Has a better IQ and understanding of the game, in my opinion. Generally, I am not super high on the current USDP players, but I really like Nazar.

Noah Ostlund (Unbelievable 2-way IQ, skill, passing, skating... the full center package, except size and strength. Needs to get much stronger)
Liam Ohgren (Reminds me of Lukas Reichel with his elite hockey sense and knowing where to be and what to do to just produce. Complete player and higher potential than what I've read about)
Arseni Koromyslov (Supposed to go in the 3rd round, but I think he should be a 1st rounder)
Viktor Neuchev (Tremendous potential with this player. Super skilled and good size at 6'2)
Jordan Dumais (Despite the size, he is really talented and should not go as low as I've seen in some rankings)
Lian Bichsel (While raw, his tools are fantastic. Reminds me a little bit of Edvinsson as a potential meteoric growth in his D+1 season, and his weaknesses in his draft year are similar when it comes to IQ and passing, which Edvinsson seem to have fixed. Risky but I think he'll go high in the draft, his potential is enormous)
Dmitri Buchelnikov (Borderline overager with so much potential. Just an overall super skilled player. A bit on the smaller side, though)

Spencer Sova (I've liked what I've seen from him, interesting skill set but needs to be better on defense)
Kasper Kulonummi (I like his skating quite a bit. I think he has a decent head for the game too)
Daniil Ivanov (Another defenseman, and like Koromyslov, I find him super underrated. I don't think his defensive game is on Koro's level but his skating and general calmness and intelligence with the puck should make him a high pick)
Ilya Ivantsov (Overager but excellent VHL production at 19 years old and played very well in the MHL playoffs from what I've seen)

Patrik Juhola (Big goalscoring center. I like what I've seen. Quite smart.)
Gaël Christe (played alongside Bichsel at the Hlinka and I thought he showed some great skating and skill)
Elias Cohen (Overager that I felt should have been drafted last year. Liked his play in his D-1. Didn't watch him this year but seem to have done well so I'll just leave him here)
Alexander Tochilkin (Long shot as he's small and doesn't have great stats, but has played exclusively a defensive role on his team and is going to the VHL next year and I think there's some hidden potential. Had an amazing open ice hit in one game I've watched. Smart, responsible and very good defensively)
Luca Auer (Plays well in front of the net. Smart but needs to work on his pace/skating)
Dennis Good Bogg (Very good on defense, I like him, he's smart and keeps it simple, but the upside is low. One of the best name ever should make him an NHL player :sarcasm:)
Jack Harvey (Another overager I've liked last season)

Edit on June 11th: Few ranking adjustments.
Edit on June 28th: Few ranking adjustments before the release of Bob's list.
Edit on July 3rd: Added an "Underrated" section for higher prospects. Adjusted "Sleepers" as a result.

Last edited:

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Decided to go with a top 34 as I feel like these players have separated themselves from the rest. Personally, I found this draft very hard to rank as there are many good players with excellent traits but multiple uncertainties that they need to work on. You're gonna tell me that's true for every draft, yes, sure, but usually I have a much better idea on the tiers I want to establish but this year I feel like I have a tier at 1-2, then 3-7 and then an enormous 8-34. Feel free to discuss, I like nothing more than having people give me different opinions and perspectives on prospects and make me re-evaluate what I saw!

My top 34 prospects
1. Shane Wright
2. Noah Ostlund
3. Brad Lambert
4. Juraj Slafkovsky
5. Matthew Savoie
6. Frank Nazar
7. Liam Ohgren
8. Conor Geekie
9. Logan Cooley
10. Arseni Koromyslov
11. David Jiricek
12. Jiri Kulich
13. Filip Mesar
14. Simon Nemec
15. Kevin Korchinski
16. Lian Bichsel
17. Adam Sykora
18. Danila Yurov
19. Jonathan Lekkerimaki
20. Marco Kasper
21. Joakim Kemell
22. Ivan Miroshnichenko
23. Nathan Gaucher
24. Dmitri Buchelnikov
25. Viktor Neuchev
26. Isaac Howard
27. Pavel Mintyukov
28. Julian Lutz
29. Gleb Trikozov
30. Ty Nelson
31. Jagger Firkus
32. Owen Pickering
33. Cutter Gauthier
34. Jordan Dumais

Hot takes
Ostlund at 2
Refer to this thread if you want clips posted by @simonedvinsson and my small summary below.

Koromyslov as best D and Russian
As I watched Koromyslov's team, he's the one who caught my eye multiple times and as he started to really grow on me, I noticed that I had a post from 2020 in his thread on HF saying he was really good, which I had kind of forgot about. So that shows that this is not just a hunch but really a player's profile that has caught my eye more than once. So basically, I had seen him prior to his draft year and I remember the talk being that his defense was the thing that needed to improve. Well... let's just say that during his team's MHL playoffs run (they won), he was, to my eye, by far the most effective shutdown defenseman on the team. He was shutting down other highly skilled Russian prospects while the other defense pairs seemed to struggle to keep the high-danger chances count low. His offense, which was his strong suit before this season, has kind of stagnated but the potential and the flash is there and also is a result of how the MHL play on offense, they mostly play on the rush and pass it to their other linemates rather than back to the defense (more true for some teams than others).

As for his game, he's just an excellent defender with the skating and stick checking to keep up with the most dangerous opposing forwards. He's also calm with the puck and usually managed pressure really well and will invite forecheckers on him to open the neutral zone and then throw good breakout passes to the forwards. He's not afraid of jumping into the offense if he sees an opportunity but has often been looked off from his forwards as a lot of them seem to keep focusing on driving forward and attack relentlessly. Koromyslov is also excellent along the boards and in front of his net, he's quite lanky but strong for his league which allows him to push people around, get into scrums after the whistles, and even delivering big hits sometimes. I just really like his profile and he's one of the few defenseman in the draft who plays an "NHL" mature style game. Not afraid on keeping it simple and throwing it off the glass if a turnover seem to be to only outcome as he gets pressured.

He played 6 games in the KHL as an 18 years old and 1 game last year as a 17 years old. I wish I would have watched a game of his in the KHL to get a better idea of where he's at and how he handles the pace, but sadly I haven't been able to.

Nemec kinda low
I like his profile and his fundamentals quite a lot but he makes too many mistakes everytime I watch for me to justify putting him higher. 14 is still really good and as I've said, this draft is really hard for me to rank so just because a player is lower than the "consensus" doesn't mean I dislike them or think they will fail, I'm just more cautious about their NHL upside.

Nazar above Cooley
Almost just as skilled but doesn't show it as often. Has a better IQ and understanding of the game, in my opinion. Generally, I am not super high on the current USDP players, but I really like Nazar.

Sleepers
Arseni Koromyslov (Supposed to go in the 3rd round, but I think he should be a 1st rounder)
Jagger Firkus (Insane power on wrist shot, very skilled, scored a michigan goal, needs to work on his game but high upside)
Spencer Sova (I've liked what I've seen from him, interesting skill set but needs to be better on defense)

Super sleepers (generally unranked)
Patrik Juhola (Big goalscoring center. I like what I've seen. Quite smart.)
Gaël Christe (played alongside Bichsel at the Hlinka and I thought he showed some great skating and skill)
Elias Cohen (Overager that I felt should have been drafted last year. Liked his play in his D-1. Didn't watch him this year but seem to have done well so I'll just leave him here)
Alexander Tochilkin (Long shot as he's small and doesn't have great stats, but has played exclusively a defensive role on his team and is going to the VHL next year and I think there's some hidden potential. Had an amazing open hit in one game I've watched. Smart, responsible and very good defensively)
Luca Auer (Plays well in front of the net. Smart but needs to work on his pace/skating)
Dennis Good Bogg (Very good on defense, I like him, he's smart and keeps it simple, but the upside is low. One of the best name ever should make him an NHL player :sarcasm:)
I've gotta respect the Ostlund at 2 rankings. It's crazy and I love it. I also agree with still believing in Lambert. Maybe not that high on my list as I like guys like Cooley more than you do, but I have him at 7 now after I redid my rankings (I do that every now and then when I feel I get too stuck in a mental set on how I'm ranking guys). Also loving Adam Sykora in the teens. I have him 25th now.

• Love
Reactions: Realgud

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I’ve tinkered with this so much that I’m just gonna call it good now. I’m in no way an expert and just do this for fun.

1. Cooley
  2. Wright
  3. Nazar
  4. Jiricek
  5. Slafkovsky
  6. Gauthier
  7. Savoie
  8. Nemec
  9. Kasper
  10. Kulich
  11. McGroarty
  12. Yurov
  13. Miroshnichenko
  14. Ostlund
  15. Mesar
  16. Mintyukov
  17. Lambert
  18. Hutson
  19. Firkus
  20. Lekkermaki
  21. Geekie
  22. Kemell
  23. Ohgren
  24. Zhilkin
  25. Howard
  26. Trikozov
  27. Mateychuk
  28. Korchinski
  29. Odelius
  30. Hughes
  31. Lutz
  32. Del Bel Belluz
  33. Chesley
  34. Snuggerud
  35. Lorenz
  36. Rinzel
  37. Luneau
  38. George
  39. Bichsel
  40. Nelson
  41. Forsmark
  42. Perevalov
  43. Goyette
  44. Sykora
  45. Casey
  46. Lucius
  47. Pickering
  48. Ingram
  49. Salomonsson
  50. Havelid
  51. Dumais
  52. Beck
  53. Bystedt
  54. Gaucher
  55. Kaplan
  56. Koromyslov
  57. Grudinin
  58. Furlong
  59. Minton
  60. Leinonen

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
My confidence in my ranking will be at an all time low this year :laugh:

I'm going to get the blackbook later and cross that with the eliteprospects guide and refine my list tomorrow or friday. But this is definitely feeling like a pretty meh draft. This draft is going to produce some good role players but I don't think it will give us many stars like the 2020 or 2021 draft are expected to.

Reactions: NickH8

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Blackbook doesn't attempt to pick where players will actually be drafted, but instead projects their long term view of the prospects. They end up with some "hot takes" at times because of that - they don't look so crazy a year or two later many times. I personally think they are the best of the bunch on projectability.
They might not try to pick where players end up, but they talk to a lot of scouts and are obviously influenced to some degree,
The last couple drafts, their high-grade players have gone early.
It was crazy last year how many of their A/B guys were gone by the start of round 3.

The one A grade guy who didn't get drafted a couple years ago was Rashevsky - and it's really starting to look like they knew what the f*** they were talking about and 31 GMs didn't.

Reactions: simonedvinsson

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
My list is based on some limited viewings as well as my prospect model. I also consider league play to be significantly more important than international. International results are fun, but should always be taken with a grain of salt.

This year I've revamped my prospect model. The updated model is a logistic regression model which outputs the probability a player will make it to the NHL. Each prospect is given a probability of reaching "Elite", "1st Line", "2nd Line", "3rd Line", & "4th Line" roles by age 27 for F and "Elite", "1st Pair", "2nd Pair", & "3rd Pair" for D. These probabilities are then used to produce an expected value stat, which in this case is an expected cap hit. I also used some other relevant stats to help determine their placement, but a large portion of the list was created using the model.

For the draft itself I really like it up to about the mid 40s and then there is a steep drop off. I'm not in love with a ton of prospects outside of the top tiers. As well, what matters is the tiers and not the rankings themselves. I think outside of the Russians you can make an argument for almost any of them within tiers. That being said, we've seen a number of Russian prospects get signed recently so I'm thinking there's a chance the high profile ones still go quite high.

TierRankPlayerPositionLeagueDraft Year
1​
Shane WrightCOHLDY
2​
Simon NemecDSlovakDY
3​
Logan CooleyCUSHLDY
4​
David JiricekDCzechDY
4​
5​
Matthew SavoieCWHLDY
4​
6​
Juraj SlafkovskyWLiigaDY
4​
7​
Frank NazarCUSHLDY
4​
8​
Gleb TrikozovFMHLDY
4​
9​
Brad LambertCLiigaDY
4​
10​
Danila YurovFMHLDY
11​
Denton MateychukDWHLDY
5​
12​
Kevin KorchinskiDWHLDY
5​
13​
Joakim KemellWLiigaDY
5​
14​
Jordan DumaisFQMJHLDY
5​
15​
Liam OhgrenFSuperElitDY
5​
16​
Jiri KulichCCzechDY
5​
17​
Seamus CaseyDUSHLDY
5​
18​
Filip MesarCSlovakDY
5​
19​
Isaac HowardFUSHLDY
5​
20​
Pavel MintyukovDOHLDY
5​
21​
Conor GeekieCWHLDY
22​
Marco KasperFSHLDY
6​
23​
Ty NelsonDOHLDY
6​
24​
Jagger FirkusWWHLDY
6​
25​
Cutter GauthierFUSHLDY
6​
26​
Jonathan LekkerimakiFSHLDY
6​
27​
Rutger McGroartyFUSHLDY
6​
28​
Alexander PerevalovFMHLDY
6​
29​
Vladimir GrudininDMHLDY
6​
30​
Lane HutsonDUSHLDY
6​
31​
Noah OstlundFSuperElitDY
32​
Luca DelBelBelluzCOHLDY
7​
33​
Jani NymanWLiigaDY
7​
34​
David GoyetteCOHLDY
7​
35​
Jimmy SnuggerudFUSHLDY
7​
36​
Ivan MiroshnichenkoFVHLDY
7​
37​
Christian KyrouDOHLDY
7​
38​
Lian BichselDSuperElitDY
7​
39​
Adam SyokraWSlovakDY
7​
40​
Julian LutzFDELDY
7​
41​
Mattias HavelidDSuperElitDY
7​
42​
Matyas SapovalivFOHLDY
7​
43​
Hugo HavelidGSuperElitDY
7​
44​
Ryan ChesleyDUSHLDY
45​
Nicholas MoldenhauerFUSHLDY
8​
46​
Jérémy LangloisDQMJHLDY
8​
47​
Adam IngramFUSHLDY
8​
48​
Jack HughesFNCAADY
8​
49​
Ludwig PerssonFSuperElitDY
8​
50​
Elias SalomonssonDSuperElitDY
8​
51​
Michael BuchingerDOHLDY
8​
52​
Viktor NeuchevFMHLDY
8​
53​
Artyom DudaDMHLDY
8​
54​
Tristan LuneauDQMJHLDY
8​
55​
Servac PetrovskyFOHLDY
8​
56​
Alexander SuzdalevFSuperElitDY
8​
57​
Nick MalikGLiigaDY+2
8​
58​
Nathan GaucherFQMJHLDY
8​
59​
Owen PickeringDWHLDY
60​
Aleksanteri KaskimakiCLiigaDY
9​
61​
Niks FenenkoDQMJHLDY
9​
62​
Otto SalinDLiigaDY
9​
63​
Simon ForsmarkDSuperElitDY
9​
64​
Jake FurlongDQMJHLDY
9​
65​
Maveric LamoureuxDQMJHLDY
9​
66​
Filip BystedtFSuperElitDY
9​
67​
Noah WarrenDQMJHLDY
9​
68​
Markus VidicekFQMJHLDY
9​
69​
Mats LindgrenDWHLDY
9​
70​
Hudson ThorntonDWHLDY
9​
71​
Ilya IvantsovFVHLDY+1
9​
72​
Calle OdeliusDSuperElitDY
9​
73​
Tomas HamaraDLiigaDY
9​
74​
Tucker RobertsonFOHLDY+1
75​
Elmeri LaaksoDLiigaDY
10​
76​
Dylan JamesFUSHLDY
10​
77​
Alex SotekFLiigaDY
10​
78​
Ilya KvochkoFMHLDY
10​
79​
Kirill KudryavtsevDOHLDY
10​
80​
Raul YakupovFMHLDY
10​
81​
Logan MorrisonFOHLDY+2
10​
82​
Rodwin DionicioDOHLDY
10​
83​
Reid SchaeferWWHLDY
10​
84​
Danny ZhilkinFOHLDY
10​
85​
David SpacekDQMJHLDY+1
10​
86​
Ben KingFWHLDY+2
10​
87​
Jordan GustafsonCWHLDY
10​
88​
Danil AimurzinCVHLDY+2
10​
89​
Joel JonssonWSuperElitDY

HM: Luke Mittelstadt, D, DY+1; Zakhar Vinogradov, G, DY+1; Michal Gut, C, DY+2, Jeremy Wilmer, W, DY+1

Some things to note on my list:

1. Jordan Dumais. He is one of the most under rated players in the draft. He has one of the highest likelihoods of becoming a top 6 player and is constantly ranked in the 70s. I know he's small and his skating isn't elite, but he is someone I'd be willing to swing for the fences on.

2. The WHL dmen. Korchinski & Mateychuk are both two of the premier offensive dmen in this draft; I wouldn't be shocked if either of the two became the best defenceman from this class. If Mateychuk was a little bit bigger I think he'd be in my top 10.

3. The Russians. What Trikozov did as an U18 in the MHL was incredible. He had one of the best U18 seasons of all time while playing far less minutes than some of those ahead of him. He is my favorite prospect in the draft and someone I'd love to snag should he fall in the draft; if not for the current political issues he would be #5 on my board. Yurov was no slouch either and while he didn't produce in the KHL his MHL numbers were outstanding. I'd have liked to have seen him at the WJC, but his MHL numbers are enough for him to stay in my top 10. Without the political issues he'd be my 8th on my board

4. The Goalies. This draft is lacking any sort of can't miss goalie prospect, but there are still 2 interesting ones. Hugo Havelid may have had the best U18 tourney possible for his draft stock and it really solidified his position in my mind as the best goalie in the draft. While he is small his numbers and play speak for themselves. Nick Malik is my #2 ranked goalie. He was outstanding this year in the Liiga as a DY+2 and had a season worthy of being a top 90 pick.

Updated the list a little bit since this post. I had my prospect draft in some of my fantasy leagues and it really showed how I valued some of the players. The major changes are that the Nemec, Slafkovsky, & Cooley all sit in the 2nd tier. I have Jiricek a little bit behind this tier due to some concerns about his skating post knee surgery. Aside from that Lambert falls to the 4th tier; Kasper moves up to the 4th tier; Chesley and Rinzel both move into the 6th tier; Tyson Jugnauth makes his debut in the 7th tier, he's a smooth skating offensive dman from the BCHL with great offensive instincts; and I've added one more goalie, a Russian by the name of Maxim Mayorov, who is 6"5' and had fantastic stats in the MHL.

TierRankPlayer
1​
1​
Shane Wright
2​
2​
Simon Nemec
2​
3​
Logan Cooley
2​
4​
Juraj Slafkovsky
3​
5​
David Jiricek
3​
6​
Matthew Savoie
3​
7​
Frank Nazar
3​
8​
Gleb Trikozov
3​
9​
Danila Yurov
4​
10​
Brad Lambert
4​
11​
Denton Mateychuk
4​
12​
Kevin Korchinski
4​
13​
Joakim Kemell
4​
14​
Liam Ohgren
4​
15​
Pavel Mintyukov
4​
16​
Jordan Dumais
4​
17​
Jiri Kulich
4​
18​
Seamus Casey
4​
19​
Filip Mesar
4​
20​
Marco Kasper
4​
21​
Jonathan Lekkerimaki
5​
22​
Isaac Howard
5​
23​
Conor Geekie
5​
24​
Ty Nelson
5​
25​
Jagger Firkus
5​
26​
Cutter Gauthier
5​
27​
Rutger McGroarty
5​
28​
Alexander Perevalov
5​
29​
Vladimir Grudinin
5​
30​
Lane Hutson
5​
31​
Noah Ostlund
5​
32​
Ivan Miroshnichenko
6​
33​
Nathan Gaucher
6​
34​
Adam Syokra
6​
35​
Luca DelBelBelluz
6​
36​
Jani Nyman
6​
37​
David Goyette
6​
38​
Jimmy Snuggerud
6​
39​
Christian Kyrou
6​
40​
Lian Bichsel
6​
41​
Julian Lutz
6​
42​
Mattias Havelid
6​
43​
Sam Rinzel
6​
44​
Ryan Chesley
7​
45​
Hugo Havelid
7​
46​
Matyas Sapovaliv
7​
47​
Jérémy Langlois
7​
48​
Adam Ingram
7​
49​
Ludwig Persson
7​
50​
Elias Salomonsson
7​
51​
Michael Buchinger
7​
52​
Viktor Neuchev
7​
53​
Artyom Duda
7​
54​
Tristan Luneau
7​
55​
Rieger Lorenz
7​
56​
Servac Petrovsky
7​
57​
Alexander Suzdalev
7​
58​
Nick Malik
7​
59​
Owen Pickering
7​
60​
Tyson Jugnauth
7​
61​
Dmitri Buchelnikov
7​
62​
Niks Fenenko
7​
63​
Hudson Thornton
8​
64​
Nicholas Moldenhauer
8​
65​
Jack Hughes
8​
66​
Aleksanteri Kaskimaki
8​
67​
Otto Salin
8​
68​
Simon Forsmark
8​
69​
Jake Furlong
8​
70​
Filip Bystedt
8​
71​
Noah Warren
8​
72​
Markus Vidicek
8​
73​
Mats Lindgren
8​
74​
Ilya Ivantsov
8​
75​
Calle Odelius
8​
76​
Tomas Hamara
8​
77​
Tucker Robertson
8​
78​
Tyson Dyck
8​
79​
Logan Morrison
8​
80​
Topias Leinonen
8​
81​
Ty Young
8​
82​
Maxim Mayorov
8​
83​
Devin Kaplan
9​
84​
Maveric Lamoureux
9​
85​
Elmeri Laakso
9​
86​
Dylan James
9​
87​
Alex Sotek
9​
88​
Ilya Kvochko
9​
89​
Kirill Kudryavtsev
9​
90​
Raul Yakupov
9​
91​
Rodwin Dionicio
9​
92​
Reid Schaefer
9​
93​
Danny Zhilkin
9​
94​
David Spacek
9​
95​
Ben King
9​
96​
Jordan Gustafson
9​
97​
Joel Jonsson
9​
98​
Josh Nadeau
9​
99​
Miguël Tourigny
9​
100​
Grigori Kuzmin

HM: Luke Mittelstadt, Jeremy Wilmer, Danil Aimurzin, Isaac Ménard, Topi Ronni, Michal Gut, & Zakhar Vinogradov

Overall I think the players in my top 44 are all potential 1st round picks and it means we should get someone great in the 2nd round too. After that it drops off pretty quickly where I feel like most players are projects or looking like bottom pair or bottom 6 forwards.

Reactions: Realgud

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Gosh I'm a fish out of water. I've prolly legitimately seen 30-20 prospects play; and read up on maybe again 20-30 prospects. Most the guys I've seen play are between 20-40 in "NHL guy Mocks" so... The Guys I focused on who I think will be solid NHL players were Wright, Saovie, Geekie. Seen them play multiple times and thats my order of who'd I'd want at 8. Lame... I know but;

Wright, Savoie, Geekie and if you force another name I watched I guess Owen Pickering too in that order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad