Please don't leave us, Drej
Please don't go

Reactions: PJ817 and Peacefool

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This is brutal.

By the way @DFC and @DistantThunderRep I'm literally in Calgary right now to see the Stampede and visit Banff and after only like 2 hours of getting in the ticketing line, being on a plane and getting into a hotel I've been apologized to (no shit) like 5 times and have done so myself at least that much. Even my GPS said sorry.

I'm home boys

Last edited:

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
This is brutal.

By the way @DFC and @DistantThunderRep I'm literally in Calgary right now to see the Stampede and visit Banff and after only like 2 hours of getting in the ticketing line, being on a plane and getting into a hotel I've been apologized to no shit like 5 times and have done so myself at least that much. Even my GPS said sorry.

I'm home boys
I'm sorry you had to go through that. But yeah, you would think @DFC and myself just meme this shit, but its actually true. But you are in Calgary too during the Stampede...That just means you there will inevitably be 1 or 2 drunk assholes that don't apologize. And for that, I will apologize and say sorry on their behalf.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Syracuse has 5 defensemen with Schmidt going back to the OHL and Semykin probably not being ready. That could be a place to swing for the fences with a free agent signing like David Farrance.

He's from Rochester and played for the Syracuse Stars growing up.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Are we really going to ice a roster with Bellemare, Maroon, and Perry on it again next season? I can't imagine we are. We might have as many as 5-6 new regular contributors next season.

Why would we not ice the most productive 4th line in the league last season.....?

Reactions: Maelmoor and Hoek

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Why would we not ice the most productive 4th line in the league last season.....?

Because players who are already old will be another year older, and because our depth scoring is one of the primary reasons we didn't 3-peat. With Palat possibly gone we're losing even more potential offense, and it's also not certain that Stammer will play that well in the playoffs again. I just feel like we need to add a significant amount of offense to this roster, and these three guys can't be relied on for that, at least not consistently.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
New thread

3288f0b6-2ac3-41ad-8424-079561cc2a50_text.gif

Reactions: Stammertime91

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
Well.

I can’t say I enjoy our moves today. I don’t HATE the cernak one, but the others I basically do. Everyone is overpaid, especially sergachev, omg. Dude is getting paid franchise money. Cirelli’s offense isn’t enough to justify his new salary. Cernak, #3’s don’t grow on trees, so I’m ok at least with that one.

Names, welcome back, but a pretty middling forward at best for a couple million of cap?

This team is much worse than it was last season. No replacement for McDonagh, and as of yet, Palat still in the air. Stammers comment of, we aren’t done yet… this team is gonna get bounced early if this is the roster headed into next season.

Edit: oh good, Palat confirmed not coming back. Bruh. What are we gonna do next year. Can have all the heart and experience you want, but as it showed this last playoffs, it’s not gonna be enough when other teams are simply better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bolt32

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Well.

I can’t say I enjoy our moves today. I don’t HATE the cernak one, but the others I basically do. Everyone is overpaid, especially sergachev, omg. Dude is getting paid franchise money. Cirelli’s offense isn’t enough to justify his new salary. Cernak, #3’s don’t grow on trees, so I’m ok at least with that one.

Names, welcome back, but a pretty middling forward at best for a couple million of cap?

This team is much worse than it was last season. No replacement for McDonagh, and as of yet, Palat still in the air. Stammers comment of, we aren’t done yet… this team is gonna get bounced early if this is the roster headed into next season.

Edit: oh good, Palat confirmed not coming back. Bruh. What are we gonna do next year. Can have all the heart and experience you want, but as it showed this last playoffs, it’s not gonna be enough when other teams are simply better.

The solution is easy

We roll Kill0rn, Cirelli and Hagel over the boards for el1t3 defending.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Syracuse has 5 defensemen with Schmidt going back to the OHL and Semykin probably not being ready. That could be a place to swing for the fences with a free agent signing like David Farrance.

Semykin may not be ready but this would be his third shot at making the Crunch roster. Better to give him a legit chance at the full season in the AHL to make or break his spot within the Tampa Bay organization.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Can’t say I’m really excited about any of the deals struck yesterday. Love the players of course but not the deals. Cerneks AAV is fine, but 8 years with his style of play is rough. The rest of the contracts are self explanatory.

Hopefully JBB is right and I’m wrong. That certainly wouldn’t be shocking, lol. Not much depth scoring and now no McDonough. The culture of taking less for the team to keep the band together established by Stammer and Heddy kinda died yesterday.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Yeah the Sergachev deal is just bizarre the more you think about it. He's being paid like a franchise defenseman when he just objectively isn't. Consistenly turns the puck over, doesn't score very much, good but not great defense. 3.3m per year better than Cernak? Not even close. The honeymoon period is over with him, he needs to reach elite tier very quickly because I wager even he knows he isn't worth 8.5m.

ThunderRoad

Apr 24, 2006
Tampa
Yeah the Sergachev deal is just bizarre the more you think about it. He's being paid like a franchise defenseman when he just objectively isn't. Consistenly turns the puck over, doesn't score very much, good but not great defense. 3.3m per year better than Cernak? Not even close. The honeymoon period is over with him, he needs to reach elite tier very quickly because I wager even he knows he isn't worth 8.5m.
And got a protected contract on top of it. Was resigned to Tampa previously having to do that to compensate for the hometown discount agreed to by the player, but Sergachev didn't even have to do that.

Literally got everything he could have wanted based on what the team hopes he will become. And then if Tampa needs to get out of his contract at anytime, the player controls the team's return once again.

Goodness knows can only hope Sergachev is highly motivated by this contract and doesn't sit back now that he's pretty set.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I have had serious doubts of JBB. This past couple of days have done nothing but further those doubts. Yesterday sucked some serious major ass.

I'm starting to agree, the Sergachev deal and the Hagel trade both look horrible. Nobody hits on every signing or trade, but those both look incredibly bad right now. We REALLY need at least 3-4 of our prospects to become quality NHL players otherwise the future might be less than fun around here.

Reactions: Bolt32

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad