GDT: 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Idk who exactly has to win for the Boston pick to get higher but I’m rooting for them even if it’s the kings or oilers. Also wouldn’t mind seeing the wild go on a run

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Idk who exactly has to win for the Boston pick to get higher but I’m rooting for them even if it’s the kings or oilers. Also wouldn’t mind seeing the wild go on a run
Anyone but the Flames in the Pacific bumps it a spot and in the other three the Predators, Penguins and Capitals making it to the conference final bumps it another spot in each instance.

Reactions: lwvs84

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I wonder if the league is so out of touch they think that when they announce a 5k fine that us normies are like "woooow they're really stickin' it to 'em!" Dude, that's like a $50 fine for someone who makes a normal income.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Rakell just got smoked and having trouble getting up....

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Doesn't look good at all....
Post automatically merged:

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I wonder if the league is so out of touch they think that when they announce a 5k fine that us normies are like "woooow they're really stickin' it to 'em!" Dude, that's like a $50 fine for someone who makes a normal income.

I dropped more than $5k on something last week (I'm a teacher, not a really high paid job too). If I can spend as much as their fine without financing it, the fine is too little.

They really need to fine % of annual paycheck, make it start hurting them. Start with 5% of their cap hit and there will be fewer dirty hits.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Panthers take two penalties in the first minute and a half and to nobody’s surprise are down 1-0 because of it.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Washington managed to have a pretty good period and then their goaltending coughs up a softie so the Cats tie the game.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I dropped more than $5k on something last week (I'm a teacher, not a really high paid job too). If I can spend as much as their fine without financing it, the fine is too little.

They really need to fine % of annual paycheck, make it start hurting them. Start with 5% of their cap hit and there will be fewer dirty hits.
Fines are a CBA thing. That’s probably the max for his salary. The players aren’t going to let that go higher without a giveback from the owners. Which they have zero incentive to do.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Fines are a CBA thing. That’s probably the max for his salary. The players aren’t going to let that go higher without a giveback from the owners. Which they have zero incentive to do.
Oh OK, makes sense. But it's a player safety thing, so most players should be for it (since most don't get fined). It's probably less than 5% of the league that gets fined multiple times in their career and a higher percentage that get hit by those cheap shots (which could lead to loss of pay later on if they don't recover).

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Jeez looking through the Panthers lineup, they have 9 forwards who you could make an argument would be at worst the second best forward (when factoring in all around ability) on our team this season. That’s depressing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad