GDT: 2022 NHL Draft (And Trade Rumors) - Montreal - July 7 - July 8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Moldenhauer is entirely too good for the late 3rd. Am I missing something here or is this just the injury killing his stock?

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

Husso just had a great year, this seems like a bad idea.

Someone is going to have to explain that Husso trade to me very slowly. He's not without risk, but Detroit loading up on a quantity of legit Goalies is great process on their timeline. If I were them, I'd rather have 3 guys than 2 by a significant margin.
This is the kind of trade you can make when you have both a significant number of draft picks and significant cap space.

I like Husso. He's technically proficient and doesn't get rattled easily. He's probably a bit overpaid, but that's not going to matter to Detroit and, if he plays up to his salary, is well worth the compensation.

Greiss stinks, so he's gone. Ned has one year left before becoming UFA, so this lets Husso and Ned battle it out and gives Yzerman a chance to evaluate whether or not Ned is worth bringing back.

I think it was a shrewd move by the Wings.

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
This is the kind of trade you can make when you have both a significant number of draft picks and significant cap space.

I like Husso. He's technically proficient and doesn't get rattled easily. He's probably a bit overpaid, but that's not going to matter to Detroit and, if he plays up to his salary, is well worth the compensation.

Greiss stinks, so he's gone. Ned has one year left before becoming UFA, so this lets Husso and Ned battle it out and gives Yzerman a chance to evaluate whether or not Ned is worth bringing back.

I think it was a shrewd move by the Wings.
3 year term gives Cossa time to get ready too.

I probably would've taken the Hextall route and just tried to fill the position with warm bodies, but it isn't the worst idea in the world.

I wonder what Blackwood will go for

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
665D5013-7D28-4369-AC69-89FB1EA84A13.jpeg

Minnesota got some of your guys? @FLYguy3911

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad