GDT: 2022 NHL Draft (And Trade Rumors) - Montreal - July 7 - July 8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't see how Fletcher can do a straight dump of JVR even at 50% based on those two deals.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
How many 1st round picks has Dubas traded away in order to get rid of the shitty contracts he's given out?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It was always going to be the Panthers pick and JVR.
But I don't think that can happen either. That doesn't seem like enough. Plus, you can't give that pick up on the off-chance Florida isn't good, unless it's protected. Also, it's just horrible optics to send out to use the main piece of the Giroux trade in that way, something I think they're very cognizant of.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
But I don't think that can happen either. That doesn't seem like enough. Plus, you can't give that pick up on the off-chance Florida isn't good, unless it's protected. Also, it's just horrible optics to send out to use the main piece of the Giroux trade in that way, something I think they're very cognizant of.
They’ll sell it as they traded Giroux and netted Gaudreau though which works in a vacuum but we don’t live in that world or at least anyone with a brain doesn’t. The Authentic’s will eat it up and the ends will justify the means.

I’m operating under the assumption they only try that move if they think with certainty they can bring him in.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Chicago is feasting, Jesus Christ. Why can the team with 3 Cups in the last 12 years go full scorched earth, after handing out that Jones contract, but this dumpster fire can't because of Kev?
Not just handing out the contract, but going backwards and no attaining firsts after giving up a few to get Jones. We could be in the same spot if we crash and burn this season so we have to root for that.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
A 2nd and a 3rd to dump two years at $3.2m is a huge price to pay. The contract was only signed in Jan 2020.

Reactions: Tripod

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They’ll sell it as they traded Giroux and netted Gaudreau though which works in a vacuum but we don’t live in that world.
I just don't think even if they do that, that it is enough to move him given his number. Mrazek and Kassian are both in the 3's, Kassian cost more, but Holland is also dumber than Dubas. That said, both those guys are also on 2 year deals and JVR is only next year.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad