GDT: 2022 NHL Draft (And Trade Rumors) - Montreal - July 7 - July 8

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
uyM4phJ.gif

For all the champions who still hold out hope for this tire fire front office. Or for all of those champions who just wanna sit and laugh while enjoying a shit show.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Any chance we at least trade back to take cutter?
This is my guess (or hope, although I would take Nazar at 5). I am going to go with trade back to 12, 44 and either a late round pick this or next year. Take Cutter at 12 (or Geekie if Cutter is gone) and then take a defenseman at 44 (either Lamoureux or Casey or someone there depending who is available).

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We all know Chuck has a type. You'd think after 20 years of failure he might change it up and think twice. Big guy that can skate decently in straight lines and can wire the puck? He's cooming.

Elite hockey IQ and dynamic skills? No thank you.
Where does this nonsense come from?

Chuck drafted Brink, Foerster, York, Andrae and Tuomaala with his five first and 2nd rd picks here.
Only Foerster is "full sized."

Even in Minnesota:
Grandlund 5'10 185, Larsson 5'11 198, Zucker 5'11 192,
his big picks
Tuck 6'4 222, Erickson Ek 6'1 208, Greenway 6'6 227

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
The draft will end well for the Flyers because if it wont end well, it will just mean that Chuck Fletcher's hands were tied and therefore it wouldn't matter. This will be a great night.
Bob Clarke held a gun to Chuck's head and told him he'd never see his family again if he didn't pick Gauthier. The poor man had no choice, really. Such a tragic, unlucky existence.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Bob Clarke held a gun to Chuck's head and told him he'd never see his family again if he didn't pick Gauthier. The poor man had no choice, really. Such a tragic, unlucky existence.

(but somehow this überstrong machoClarke caved to Hextall and therefore Cale Makar wasn't drafted)

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
uyM4phJ.gif

For all the champions who still hold out hope for this tire fire front office. Or for all of those champions who just wanna sit and laugh while enjoying a shit show.
I hope this gets f***ed so royally. 2015 Bruins style. Completely off the rails "heart and soul guy" pick at 5 then following it up with no 2nd would be peak Fletcher

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
I’m not keen on trading out of 5. Historically, drafts fall off pretty quickly as you get further away from 1st overall. It would be nice to have more picks in this draft, but maybe what’s needed is just a lesson learned that you shouldn’t waste good picks in order to correct self-created problems (Ghost says “hi” and Terry Pegula’s thank-you card is in the mail, Chuck). Stay at 5. BPA, i.e., highest ceiling.

I’ll caveat this view with an acceptance of dropping a spot or two if the difference between 5-8 is negligible and you can add another first or second-round pick. But dropping from 5 to the vicinity of 12 scares me.

Pet Charles

Oct 10, 2017
Where does this nonsense come from?

Chuck drafted Brink, Foerster, York, Andrae and Tuomaala with his five first and 2nd rd picks here.
Only Foerster is "full sized."

Even in Minnesota:
Grandlund 5'10 185, Larsson 5'11 198, Zucker 5'11 192,
his big picks
Tuck 6'4 222, Erickson Ek 6'1 208, Greenway 6'6 227
I can’t attest to his selections in his pre-Philly career, but I can say that I agree with you that he’s hardly selected size over skill. His selections in Philly haven’t given me agita. On paper, his selections have been solid, which means either that he’s overruling or listening to his scouting department.

We’ll never agree with all a GM’s moves (Hayes to that contract and the Gudas trade weren’t my favorite, but so what). The only one I’d gear up to protest against on Broad is the three transaction series to get and retain he-who-shall-not-be-named on this team. That was a master class in how NOT to manage a hockey franchise’s assets, and it’s hard to post on the subject of Fletcher without bringing it up. That, combined with his “old school” approach to building hockey teams does indeed give me agita.

Best player available, please.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

Flyerfan18

Dec 2, 2017
I don’t think Gauthier makes it to 5 unless trades occur with teams moving into top 4. Arizona will take him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad