2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

Great football game.

The final penalty I think was KIND OF weak, but Bradberry grabbed him two different times
Sure if you watch it in super slow motion. But in real time it’s hardly noticeable. It was one you might or might not call. And it goes on during just about every play. While the receiver was getting grabbed, probably two KC linemen were holding for the pass protection.

Does one really want the referees deciding these games? The refs gave the game to KC with that flag. They decided the Cincinnati game too for KC with a penalty.

Just as a neutral fan, it’s such an unsatisfying way to see the game end.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Sure if you watch it in super slow motion. But in real time it’s hardly noticeable. It was one you might or might not call. And it goes on during just about every play. While the receiver was getting grabbed, probably two KC linemen were holding for the pass protection.

Does one really want the referees deciding these games? The refs gave the game to KC with that flag. They decided the Cincinnati game too for KC with a penalty.

As my kids are reminding me, Saints fans were told to get over it.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

It was noticed in real time though because it's a fairly obvious call. The hold wasn't on the one where Juju breaks away and Bradberry has his hand on his hip. The hold was when Juju stops crossing to spin the other way where Bradberry has both arms wrapped around him and slows him up. Do I think that call should've been made at that point of the game? No. Is it still the right call? Yes.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008

Not calling penalties decides games too. Do you want players cheating to decide games? How much rule breaking is ok?

The refs are looking to see if you’re holding a jersey and it’s pulling as the player is trying to get away from you. The easiest way to avoid the holding call would have been to not hold him but then the Chief probably just catches the pass.

A5D0C68B-FFD2-49AC-AEBF-A71F7EAEA2FD.jpeg

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Serious question: does Philly burn down more of the city if they win or lose?
They will regardless, that city is repulsive when it comes to sports.
Great football game.

The final penalty I think was KIND OF weak, but Bradberry grabbed him two different times
At least you get it, the hold they called most likely wasn't even the one where he's chasing Juju and has his hand on his left hip, it's when Juju breaks out of the cross and Bradberry has both arms around him and slows him down. It's the right call. Do I think they should have called it at that point? No, but it's still a reasonable enough call.

Camille the Eel

As my kids are reminding me, Saints fans were told to get over it.
You don't know that. KC was scoring regardless and that gross team was out of to's.
Yes of course. But with more than a minute left, if KC goes up 3 there, Philly at least had a chance to drive the ball.

I really didn’t care about who won the game but the idea that we have these big championship games decided on technical judgment calls by referees is why I’m happy not to be a football fan any more. There are just too many rules with complicated legalistic interpretations that take minutes to explain while watching replay after replay in slow motion and even then a mere mortal can’t make heads or tails of it. Hockey - for all its penalties and stuff and dumb refereeing as to offsides and goalie interference - has less of that bullshit. Amazingly enough.

Writ large of course, Philly lost because their defense couldn’t get a stop when they needed it for the entire second half. And the better team won, I think.

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

Not calling penalties decides games too. Do you want players cheating to decide games? How much rule breaking is ok?

The refs are looking to see if you’re holding a jersey and it’s pulling as the player is trying to get away from you. The easiest way to avoid the holding call would have been to not hold him but then the Chief probably just catches the pass.

View attachment 649585
Fair enough too. Certainly it was a foul under a strict interpretation of the rule. But one you see often let go. So I ask you, if you’re not a KC or Philly fan, just watching for entertainment - wouldn’t you rather they just let them play on at that point? It wasn’t an egregious foul and maybe he doesn’t catch that ball. It looked quite overthrown to me. The flag came in late too.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Yes of course. But with more than a minute left, if KC goes up 3 there, Philly at least had a chance to drive the ball.

I really didn’t care about who won the game but the idea that we have these big championship games decided on technical judgment calls by referees is why I’m happy not to be a football fan any more. There are just too many rules with complicated legalistic interpretations that take minutes to explain while watching replay after replay in slow motion and even then a mere mortal can’t make heads or tails of it. Hockey - for all its penalties and stuff and dumb refereeing as to offsides Abe goalie interference - has less of that bullshit. Amazingly enough.

Writ large of course, Philly lost because their defense couldn’t get a stop when they needed it for the entire second half. And the better team won, I think.
I hear what you're saying and respect the analysis, but @Devils731 posted the shot and it was definitely holding.

If it was only slight interference in the crease or a shit holding call and the Devils won on the pp in game 7 of the scf in overtime I'm not sure you'd have the same opinion.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Fair enough too. Certainly it was a foul under a strict interpretation of the rule. But one you see often let go. So I ask you, if you’re not a KC or Philly fan, just watching for entertainment - wouldn’t you rather they just let them play on at that point? It wasn’t an egregious foul and maybe he doesn’t catch that ball. It looked quite overthrown to me. The flag came in late too.
No, I want them the consistently call penalties and not decide one team can start to break rules just because they’re losing.

It would be unfair for KC to not get a fair chance at completing that pass.

In NHL games, I don’t like that the trailing teams often gets away with hooks and holds at the end of games, especially when they then come back to win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad