2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
unsurprising, but man he should call it before his brain is literally pudding.

I just don't understand the "outrage" over Tua specifically. Tee Higgins had 2 concussions in a 3-4 week span, as did Kenny Pickett. Nobody is calling for those guys to retire last I heard.

of course....I want whats best for the player first and foremost. But if the doctors say hes good to go, and he himself wants to continue...thats all that should matter.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
I just don't understand the "outrage" over Tua specifically. Tee Higgins had 2 concussions in a 3-4 week span, as did Kenny Pickett. Nobody is calling for those guys to retire last I heard.

of course....I want whats best for the player first and foremost. But if the doctors say hes good to go, and he himself wants to continue...thats all that should matter.
well tua has already made $25M while higgins has made less than $4 so on at least one axis, I think it's a little different.

I'm not gonna say he should be banned from playing or anything, that's up to him and the corrupt doctorswho work pro football. I just really don't think is gonna end well, long term.

frankly though I think all of football is basically unjustifiable from a bodily harm perspective at right now, so I'm a little biased, maybe

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
frankly though I think all of football is basically unjustifiable from a bodily harm perspective at right now, so I'm a little biased, maybe

I'm almost getting to this point. Definitely don't plan on letting my son play. Sometimes I marvel that there aren't more issues for hockey players, given that they move at faster speeds and play more frequently. I guess there are fewer open ice hits and the boards absorb some of the force, but still.

Yes, obviously the NHL has its concussion problems also, particularly the former enforcers. But it's not quite as widespread as in the NFL, where it seems like 1 out of 5 guys is revealed to have CTE after an untimely death. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but clearly the problem is worse in football.

Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
@Zajacs Bowl Cut

50F9C075-6AA7-425D-A87A-975976C333D8.gif

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I am already content with this performance tbh...never expected a quarter like that

But on the other hand, I am asking what if Waddle caught one of those two bombs? What if Wilson was able to run that punt all the way back? ugh

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I'm almost getting to this point. Definitely don't plan on letting my son play. Sometimes I marvel that there aren't more issues for hockey players, given that they move at faster speeds and play more frequently. I guess there are fewer open ice hits and the boards absorb some of the force, but still.

Yes, obviously the NHL has its concussion problems also, particularly the former enforcers. But it's not quite as widespread as in the NFL, where it seems like 1 out of 5 guys is revealed to have CTE after an untimely death. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but clearly the problem is worse in football.
well tua has already made $25M while higgins has made less than $4 so on at least one axis, I think it's a little different.

I'm not gonna say he should be banned from playing or anything, that's up to him and the corrupt doctorswho work pro football. I just really don't think is gonna end well, long term.

Hockey players don't weigh 320lbs and aren't getting hit full speed multiple if not dozens of times every single game while bouncing their heads off of the ice half the time.

I wouldn't let my kid play either and don't like seeing these injuries, but with the understanding we have now I basically view them as mma fighters or boxers. IE they know exactly what they're signing up for.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad