2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Honestly, I could see the NFL telling them to go back and play because they are scumbags....but if thats the case, if I am the Bills I just tell them we forfeit.
I don’t want to be “that guy” but I will be since I’m realistic. But the nfl isn’t scumbags in this situation it’s real world. I’ve worked at places where stuff happens and we go right back to work no time off nothing. But this is different right?

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I'd imagine the NFL really didn't want to do this, but the players and coaches for both teams told them to kick rocks.
Honestly then the game should be declared a tie

you worked at a place where someone seemingly nearly died and you went right back to work an hour later?

A) I doubt it
B) if you did, whoever runs that place is also a scumbag
Yes I did and if you read comments it’s not uncommon at all in this country with people and similar stories. I’m not even talking about shit warehouses like Amazon that force people to work when it happens but regular jobs.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Most workplaces aren’t inherently dangerous in their job description, NFL players you have to account for both the dire nature of this guy’s condition and the fact something like that occurring on a football field is going to give everyone pause on both sides about playing it out in the near term. It’s not like someone having a heart attack while boxing iPhones, that job itself isn’t inherently dangerous.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Most workplaces aren’t inherently dangerous in their job description, NFL players you have to account for both the dire nature of this guy’s condition and the fact something like that occurring on a football field is going to give everyone pause on both sides about playing it out in the near term. It’s not like someone having a heart attack while boxing iPhones, that job itself isn’t inherently dangerous.
I think like what happened in that soccer game last year you take extended time and go finish the game. Both teams didn’t want to do that then I guess can say both forfeit and get losses? Not sure how ties would effect the standings

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I think like what happened in that soccer game last year you take extended time and go finish the game. Both teams didn’t want to do that then I guess can say both forfeit and get losses? Not sure how ties would effect the standings
The world is changing. Ten years ago they would have carted the poor guy off the field and just kept playing and no one would have even thought about canceling the game. The general societal pushback of valuing the individual over the employer or industry is a real thing in my view. I'm not saying you are wrong, but it is an opinion and the groundswell of support is in favor of the players not the teams. Some of it is a skewed view because social media demographics tend to be younger than the population as a whole (as I understand it) but that's what appears to be driving the bus in the court of public opinion.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Soccer also isn’t life and death dangerous, unless you’re playing on 100 degree days perhaps. You need to be in good shape to be sure, but the Eriksen thing could just as easily happen with any other activity where you do cardio. It was never a matter of soccer causing it adding to the angst of the situation.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Soccer also isn’t life and death dangerous, unless you’re playing on 100 degree days perhaps. You need to be in good shape to be sure, but the Eriksen thing could just as easily happen with any other activity where you do cardio. It was never a matter of soccer causing it adding to the angst of the situation.
Soccer would seem to be most dangerous when you are building the stadium in a country where guest workers are not treated like guests.

Reactions: Darkauron

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Soccer would seem to be most dangerous when you are building the stadium in a country where guest workers are not treated like guests.

For all the issues with FIFA's rife corruption, this is/was a Qatar issue, not an issue with the culture of association football (similar to the issues with the "culture" of the NFL which are numerous and well-documented).

That said, it feels weird that my Packers have a meaningful game on week #18 after everything that transpired this season. Football as a whole just has a cloud hanging over it for me right now because of the Hamlin situation. We have in-laws in WNY who just dealt with the blizzard and now this was just like insult to injury for them. (As you can imagine, they live and die with the Bills to the point where they're an extension of their family, as do hundreds of thousands of Western NY'ers.)

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
The world is changing. Ten years ago they would have carted the poor guy off the field and just kept playing and no one would have even thought about canceling the game. The general societal pushback of valuing the individual over the employer or industry is a real thing in my view. I'm not saying you are wrong, but it is an opinion and the groundswell of support is in favor of the players not the teams. Some of it is a skewed view because social media demographics tend to be younger than the population as a whole (as I understand it) but that's what appears to be driving the bus in the court of public opinion.
It’s funny the world is changing reverse. 100% they would’ve carted him off and continued to play. At the same time someone at a regular job gets harmed work related and they would’ve stopped and sent employees home.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Salguero is clueless.

I would be STUNNED if McDaniel is canned. Yes, they have basically collapsed....but he promised a top offense and he has delivered that, even with Tua missing some games.

Boyer is definitely gone though. Too much talent on D to be that bad.

the Saints still own Payton's rights. I have no interest in trading for a coach.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Salguero is clueless.

I would be STUNNED if McDaniel is canned. Yes, they have basically collapsed....but he promised a top offense and he has delivered that, even with Tua missing some games.

the Saints still own Payton's rights. I have no interest in trading for a coach.

Yeah from reading twitter replies whenever the dude tweeted about the Dolphins, the fanbase treats him like us Jets fans treated Manish with the click baiting but figured it was something worth mentioning. I think Ross might want Payton to get a veteran coach with a resume but firing McDaniel would be really stupid. I would want Saleh to hire him asap and send Lafleur to the moon if he became available.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Salguero is clueless.

Payton is worth about three wins a year

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
wow so they wont be replaying the bills game? thats going to be massive if they miss the #1 seed and have to go to kc for the afc title game.

My3Sons

Sponsor
wow so they wont be replaying the bills game? thats going to be massive if they miss the #1 seed and have to go to kc for the afc title game.
Maybe, but haven't the Bills played the Chiefs in the past year? The Bills will be on an emotional mission so my guess is that they will be ok regardless. Best team wins that game more so than the home team in my view. We will see. I think they are the two best AFC teams so I hope they meet and the game is exciting.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Maybe, but haven't the Bills played the Chiefs in the past year? The Bills will be on an emotional mission so my guess is that they will be ok regardless. Best team wins that game more so than the home team in my view. We will see. I think they are the two best AFC teams so I hope they meet and the game is exciting.

yeah i mean they are definitely evenly matched but playing the afc game in buffalo as opposed to kc is a massive homefield advantage for either team. not to mention just the top team gets a bye not top 2 like in the past.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
neither do I, and my team still has a shot at the playoffs

I think they make it, Buffalo will playing with their heads on fire. Poor bastard Patriots are gonna get 50 dropped on them. I don't see the Jets doing anything Sunday but it'll be whatever defense shows up because neither offense isn't showing up.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I can't see the Jets competing this week when they couldn't be bothered to compete the previous two weeks with their season on the line.

Now watch Flacco throw for three TD's and the Jets totally ball out now that the pressure's off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad