2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
His mom was there and in the ambulance with him, can't even imagine what that poor woman is going through.

Not something you would ever imagine your healthy 24 year old athlete son would go through.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Capt Nico Poo

Holik to HHOF
Nov 7, 2009
Finland
When Eiriksen happened last year they announced that he was alive, conscious and breathing on his way to the hospital. Hence UEFA pushed the teams to continue.

The silence on Damar does not bode well.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'd imagine the NFL really didn't want to do this, but the players and coaches for both teams told them to kick rocks.

I'm sure business wise they didn't want to but they aren't blind to the fact that if they played this game and he happened to pass away that it would be a way worse look for the league than just canceling it.

Reactions: Saugus and NJDevs26

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I gotta be honest, I gained new respect for McDermott and Taylor tonight. The NFL tried to make them play after warming up for 5 minutes and they told them to f*** off

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This league and the people running it don’t have that much PR foresight or sense

I fully admit that I don't follow the NFL whatsoever, just saw it trending but that's pretty awful if they really tried to make these teams play without knowing his status.

I can absolutely understand waiting a little bit to see if he was stable and then playing the game but from all the information they had it certainly didn't look like that was ever going to be the scenario.

Hope he pulls through, he's still young and healthy so that's definitely a plus.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
That has to be Commotio cordis. He took that shoulder square to the heart.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
It’s all about the TV contracts and Super Bowl events including the halftime and other shows, hard to reschedule all the fluff around the games.

Looks like they’ve at least called off tonight which is the bare minimum of humanity
Fair and fair.

I was hoping it wouldn't end up being an Owen Hart kind of situation.

But if anyone can out scumbag 32 other billionaires it's Vince McMahon.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
That was bar none the worst feeling I've ever had as a sports fan, very reminiscent of Christen Eriksen during the Euro's, praying for Damar Hamlin/his family tonight and going forward but f*** the NFL for the utter bullshit they tried to pull with that 5 min break. And hopefully Tee Higgins doesn't feel like he did something on a freak injury.

Reactions: Billdo

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Don’t become a fan of Indycar or F1 or any racing series. I’m unfortunately use to this and know the feeling all too well.

My older brother grew up watching NASCAR and says Dale Sr dying was the worst thing ever but yeah I'm strictly football + hockey + soccer.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
That was bar none the worst feeling I've ever had as a sports fan, very reminiscent of Christen Eriksen during the Euro's, praying for Damar Hamlin/his family tonight and going forward but f*** the NFL for the utter bullshit they tried to pull with that 5 min break. And hopefully Tee Higgins doesn't feel like he did something on a freak injury.
Dennis Byrd is the closest I can recall to feeling anywhere near this way in regards to an athlete in the big 4. And at this moment it's incomparable.

Owen Hart was pretty tough to witness as a kid and I recall being furious that the show went on.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dennis Byrd is the closest I can recall to feeling anywhere near this way in regards to an athlete in the big 4. And at this moment it's incomparable.

Owen Hart was pretty tough to witness as a kid and I recall being furious that the show went on.
There was Reggie Lewis and Hank Gathers too (in basketball) but Lewis didn’t have his fatal incident during a game, and Gathers wasn’t exactly on national TV at the time though it became national news

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Damar Hamlin's toy drive charity. He started this two years ago with a goal of $2,500, in the past hour and a half it's gotten nearly $1M in donation. If you can, please consider donating.

Here he is spending his holiday giving toys to underprivileged kids.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Damar Hamlin's toy drive charity. He started this two years ago with a goal of $2,500, in the past hour and a half it's gotten nearly $1M in donation. If you can, please consider donating.

Here he is spending his holiday giving toys to underprivileged kids.

Shows the good in humanity with a bad situation like this, I read something else too about why he chose to stay close to home to go to school at Pitt and it had to do with his little brother needing a role model in his life.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
photo_2023-01-04_08-25-12.jpg

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad