2022 NFL/NCAA U.S. Football Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
This has nothing to do with Watson or what he did but having an appeal process where the commissioner can appeal a decision to himself/delegate seems entirely against a due process system. How the nflpa allowed that in their contract is beyond me.

*once again not about Watson just about the process in the cba

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
God damn between the Jets and the Devils being shitshows I need the Mets not to fall apart

Let's change say the last decade have been absolute horrid since I only like hockey/football and I'm surprised I haven't resorted to alcohol or any other bad vice. :laugh:

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Think I read somewhere the jets think it’s the same pcl injury from last year

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Becton - supposed to be a nothingburger on first report, turns out he’s done for the season

Zach - supposed to be a serious injury according to all the doom and gloom, might only miss one or two games

Totally makes sense

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
This has nothing to do with Watson or what he did but having an appeal process where the commissioner can appeal a decision to himself/delegate seems entirely against a due process system. How the nflpa allowed that in their contract is beyond me.

*once again not about Watson just about the process in the cba
The NFLPA is cucked. Richard Sherman was on the money when he said they should strike.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
The NFLPA is cucked. Richard Sherman was on the money when he said they should strike.
It’s football. The players careers are too short for them to get real leverage against the owners. There are only a handful of guys that are transcendent stars and even they have issues at times. You think Brady would pass an unscheduled PED test? You think Rodgers forays into victimhood are well received by all the fans? At this point maybe Patrick Mahomes isn’t controversial but most players in the NFL are popular with the team’s fans and maybe thr college team’s fans but to the wider world they just come and go.

Reactions: NJDevs26

My3Sons

Sponsor
The Saints are playing GB in the secjbd preseason game tonight. It’s painful to watch. Constant penalties constant miscues and you’d be hard pressed to name 20% of the players. I can’t believe I’m reduced to watching this.

My3Sons

Sponsor
@Rhodes 81 just moving the football talk to the proper place to park it for the next week until the actual games begin. At least final cuts have been made and teams are assembling practice squads. I guess most teams will bring the players back tomorrow to begin preparation for the first week.

Reactions: Rhodes 81

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
A bunch of Falcons fans have convinced themselves that Desmond Ridder is the answer at QB. Just to confirm that blind hope for any QB on your roster is not unique to any fan base.

A bunch of people that blamed Matt Ryan for all that team's problems over the past decade are about to learn some things.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
A bunch of Falcons fans have convinced themselves that Desmond Ridder is the answer at QB. Just to confirm that blind hope for any QB on your roster is not unique to any fan base.

A bunch of people that blamed Matt Ryan for all that team's problems over the past decade are about to learn some things.
The Falcons should have torn it down a couple years ago.

My3Sons

Sponsor
The Falcons should have torn it down a couple years ago.
While they had Ryan and Julio Jones they thought they had a chance similar to the Saints. What I think held the Falcons back was coaching which was never on par with New Orleans while they had Payton. That and New Orleans was quietly able to build a good defense as Brees aged and ATL could never quite get that together to compliment Ryan.

RangerDoggo

Feb 3, 2016
While they had Ryan and Julio Jones they thought they had a chance similar to the Saints. What I think held the Falcons back was coaching which was never on par with New Orleans while they had Payton. That and New Orleans was quietly able to build a good defense as Brees aged and ATL could never quite get that together to compliment Ryan.
That's a gross understatement.

My3Sons

Sponsor
That's a gross understatement.
I don't like gratuitous insults. Obviously the coaching for the Saints was some of the best in the business. Payton managed to get some really bad teams to at least 7-9. That's impressive. He almost got a completely lopsided one dimensional team to the Super Bowl in 2011. That team could almost literally only do one thing - pass. They couldn't run all that well, they couldn't stop the run, stop the pass, create turnovers, or do much on special teams out of the ordinary. Somehow Payton managed to turn one exceptional thing into 11 wins and one play away from the NFC title game where I think they beat the Giants who they matched up well against. Really one of the greatest coaching seasons that flies under the radar.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Outside of two years with the egomaniac who now runs SF, the Falcons essentially overcame pumpkins for OCs with sheer talent during Ryan's tenure. The defense was always a mess despite two straight HCs that were DCs before. They couldn't draft linemen for shit, either.

But the fatal flaw that sent them into the spiral they're in now was continuing to extend Julio and force them into a slew of bad cap decisions even after it was clear he wasn't a top 5 receiver anymore.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Outside of two years with the egomaniac who now runs SF, the Falcons essentially overcame pumpkins for OCs with sheer talent during Ryan's tenure. The defense was always a mess despite two straight HCs that were DCs before. They couldn't draft linemen for shit, either.

But the fatal flaw that sent them into the spiral they're in now was continuing to extend Julio and force them into a slew of bad cap decisions even after it was clear he wasn't a top 5 receiver anymore.
I think the Falcons problem on defense was due to their stubborn insistence at picking fast and often smaller defensive players to a fault. They never picked a stout defensive line that could stop the run and rush the passer during Ryan's tenure. The way to beat New Orleans was with pressure in the middle of the pocket, not with coverage or a smaller fast defensive end. You couldn't cover against Brees. He could fit the ball into a window the size of the ball. Speed off the edge wasn't the issue either. Brees just stepped up in the pocket and bought the extra half second. Taking away the run and forcing Brees to throw early to his dump offs was the way to beat the Saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad