Prospect Info: [2022 - 62nd] Lane Hutson (NCAA - Boston University)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Perhaps the record they meant is for the big ten or whatever the competitive division is. Fox played at Harvard which is, at least used to be, weaker
No. Fox had a higher PPG for only had 48 pts in his third year in the NCAA due only playing 33 games.

They are talking modern era NCAA records (after 2005)

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
I'm sorry guys, but chances are Hutson will never play a game in the AHL. Keep his pretty in the big show
Is that same Carle we drafted? Never made it because shoulder injury in AHL
Non, there was Matt Carle and Mathieu Carle. Matt Carle was basicly Jake Gardiner.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
That's not true. Fox had a 1.46 ppg in his 3rd season. There's also a bunch of guys in the 19s that put up big numbers.
The tweet is very clear in what it said tho,
He's on pace to break the record of 53 points by a D in the NCAA, which happens to be 53 pts, done by so and so and his PPG happened to be *this*

If Lane keeps up his current stellar PPG of so and so, he can potentially break said record of 53 pts by a D in NCAA

The record being discussed here is not the record holders PPG of wtv, the record being emphasized is the 53 pts.
Fox's D+3 PPG got him to 48 pts, which is very good and very high, but not the record of 53 pts.

That's all

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
His IQ translates to the defensive end as well. He’s obviously going to be hindered by a lack of size defensively, but he’s quite clever with his positioning ala Jordan Harris. He’s not a guy who’s going to be liability beyond size mismatches.
Harris is bigger though at 190 And his built more like a bulldog

Hutson problem is not only the size

Reactions: Habs Icing

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The tweet is very clear in what it said tho,
He's on pace to break the record of 53 points by a D in the NCAA, which happens to be 53 pts, done by so and so and his PPG happened to be *this*

If Lane keeps up his current stellar PPG of so and so, he can potentially break said record of 53 pts by a D in NCAA

The record being discussed here is not the record holders PPG of wtv, the record being emphasized is the 53 pts.
Fox's D+3 PPG got him to 48 pts, which is very good and very high, but not the record of 53 pts.

That's all

He still has to play enough games to beat that record (from 1997+) though. Only 6 regular season games + Beanpot (not sure if stats in this tournament counts) + playoffs.

There's a total of 8 games left in the regular season (including Beanpot).
So he will finish the season with 33 games. Then it's the playoffs, and those are single-elimination games.

So he will play at least 34 games and at most 40 I think.

At his current pace, he will require 39 games to beat the record of 53 pts.

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He still has to play enough games to beat that record (from 1997+) though. Only 6 regular season games + Beanpot (not sure if stats in this tournament counts) + playoffs.

There's a total of 8 games left in the regular season (including Beanpot).
So he will finish the season with 33 games. Then it's the playoffs, and those are single-elimination games.

So he will play at least 34 games and at most 40 I think.

At his current pace, he will require 39 games to beat the record of 53 pts.
Yeah I don't think he makes it to 53 truth be told
But I'm content with what he's done this year either way, a truly unbelievable season
The people who have seasons like this who are in the NHL right now get into Norris conversations , so that's why everyone's pretty excited

Not guaranteeing he's norris level by any means but even half that would be stupendous for us in the grand scheme

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I don't think Hutson will be the Habs top scoring D prospect in NCAA history. Of course you can't compare now to the '80's, very different hockey, what Hutson is doing is f***ing insane. If not for what Fantilli is doing, Hutson would be getting even more attention imo, as it's rare to see 18 year olds this good in the NCAA.

Glad I ranked him as the Habs top prospect a few months back, not sure anyone else was ranking him that high then but now it's clear he's the #1 as I have said I think he's at a Caufield level prospect.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
He's gotten surprisingly good at defending against the forecheck/heavy cycle. It's still not where you want him to spend a lot of his time, obviously, but he manages to get out of trouble way more often than you'd expect. I'm impressed with how resilient he is.
That's great news. Hopefully he keeps improving every aspect of his game.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Harris is a mature 22 year old. Hutson is what 18? Apples and oranges.
Hutson has world class skills while Harris is not close in that department.
I’m talking about size mismatch and being able to contain the physicality of the NHL. Harris was always build bigger then Huston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad