2022/23 Roster Thread XVIII: The bats have left the bell tower

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
When jvr and Braun are gone who gets the spots? Improving the roster at the deadline is more long term.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I hear this line that the guys with the Phantoms “aren’t ready” for the show. That may be but there are six to nine players currently on the Flyers roster who have shown that they don’t belong in the NHL either. Get the drek out of here and give the young guys a shot.
Who cares if the young guys mess up. It’s not like the “vets” are playing flawless hockey. Ex- I’d rather watch Attard grow his game here than see TDA and his useless matador defense. Brink, Foerster, Lycksell and Desnoyers then Bellows, Brown, MacEwan and the like. The young guys might have a future. The drek vets aren’t going to improve.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Braun isn't playing, so if he's gone, would we notice?
Seeler would be replaced by Ginning/Zamula.
JVR by Lycksell/Desnoyers, unless they move Tippett to LW then there would be an opening for Foerster or Brink.

However, if LHV has a shot at the playoffs, they may not rush the kids, they probably want the playoffs b/c it would provide an opportunity for Andrae to come over, and if Gauthier leaves school, to get some PT. And of course, if they sign JOB (though BU may have a long NCAA run).

Bump getting traded bears watching, I thought he was having a disappointing season until I looked at his team, he's got 26 points, the next closest teammates have 19 and 18. We'll see how he responds on a better team.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
Instead of a Bell Tower, how about a little love for a Watch Tower.,,,,,,

Both versions were heard in the dorms.......depending which floor you were traversing but for me which version really depended on which girl I was dating,.........oh such a chameleon was I.......

Trade Rumor: Hayes to Boston for: 1st, 3rd, Harrison, and either Smith or Reilly for cap purposes.......

I wish I could keep up with you guys for hockey info and knowledge.........

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
If they trade Seeler, they're keeping Braun. If they trade Braun, they are keeping Seeler. The team thinks that playing more youth is bad. They have said so, and all their actions confirm those words. They are probably playing too much youth for their standards as it is.
Torts yest alluded in his aftergame presser how teams with heavy veteran presence are hard to play against cuz they know how to win

you could tell he was basicly saying "Youth bad... gimme all the dinos you can find plz Chuckles"

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
The reason
Torts yest alluded in his aftergame presser how teams with heavy veteran presence are hard to play against cuz they know how to win

you could tell he was basicly saying "Youth bad... gimme all the dinos you can find plz Chuckles"
Like torts is he gets young guys to play like heavy veterans. Make em learn.

Reactions: macleish1974

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Torts hasn't lobbied for veteran additions in the past, why would he on a team that he states has only taken the first step in building a team?

Lavi and AV were far more veteran oriented.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

This is why that letter was such bullshit, besides it being a sales stunt. It wasn’t an acknowledgment about a full rebuild. It was simply stating the obvious that they’re not a playoff caliber team, but they’re making the right steps (read: winning culture) to stumble back there ASAP. Huzzah.

How many of these “believers” around this team would be here at the end of a full rebuild? A few? Whatever this group feels or doesn’t feel is irrelevant to long term contention because they won’t be here. Train hasn’t even left the station, and we’re supposed to believe this is the right track? This team is incapable of not gaslighting their fans.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

This is why that letter was such bullshit, besides it being a sales stunt. It wasn’t an acknowledgment about a full rebuild. It was simply stating the obvious that they’re not a playoff caliber team, but they’re making the right steps to stumble back there ASAP. Huzzah.

How many of these “believers” around this team would be here at the end of a full rebuild? A few? Whatever this group feels or doesn’t feel is irrelevant to long term contention because they won’t be here. Train hasn’t even left the station, and we’re supposed to believe this is the right track?

He believes in his paycheck. That's for sure. Other than that, I see no plan whatsoever to right this ship. Hard work ain't gonna cut it. Every other team is working hard. Even Chicago is working hard..to be bad for Bedard.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

This is why that letter was such bullshit, besides it being a sales stunt. It wasn’t an acknowledgment about a full rebuild. It was simply stating the obvious that they’re not a playoff caliber team, but they’re making the right steps (read: winning culture) to stumble back there ASAP. Huzzah.

How many of these “believers” around this team would be here at the end of a full rebuild? A few? Whatever this group feels or doesn’t feel is irrelevant to long term contention because they won’t be here. Train hasn’t even left the station, and we’re supposed to believe this is the right track? This team is incapable of not gaslighting their fans.

The Rangers letter to their fans a few years ago didn't use the word "rebuild" either, guess it's a hockey thang.
They just traded all their veterans on expiring contracts instead of extending them.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Torts hasn't lobbied for veteran additions in the past, why would he on a team that he states has only taken the first step in building a team?

Lavi and AV were far more veteran oriented.
Torts said just last week they need to get rid of some vets & add some more young players.

That was before the letter, in which he reiterated that they are in a building process.

But why let that get in the way of tired reflexive sarcasm about hating kids & coveting veterans?

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
So i caught a bit of Torts getting interviewed on 97.5 while i was driving home from work and uh, he actually said the R word.

I was almost shocked. not that it actually means or signals anything. I just figured that everyone involved with this team had got probed or zapped or something to have that word permanently removed from their vocabulary.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So i caught a bit of Torts getting interviewed on 97.5 while i was driving home from work and uh, he actually said the R word.

I was almost shocked. not that it actually means or signals anything. I just figured that everyone involved with this team had got probed or zapped or something to have that word permanently removed from their vocabulary.

"We are rebuilding and on the ground floor of rebuilding,"

Not just rebuilding, but honest that there's a long way to go.

I think he doesn't want Columbus redux, where he got the team competitive and then the GM took a short-sided view and mortgaged the future for a one or two year run. He wants to build a team with the potential to go to the finals. No chasing veteran fixes, no TDL gambles. Build for the long-run from the bottom up.

Torts isn't interested in making the playoffs, been there, done that, he wants this team to be his legacy, even if another HC takes them to the finals in 5-6 years if he decides to retire, it'll still be "his team."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad